Hey @chirsg,

Hats on Bunnymen, Merms, and Pigmen no longer degrading

A dead friendly fruitfly fruit fed to bird making it immortal. 

those suggestions are cool and I wish they were a part of the actual game. But until they aren't there (if ever), you might be interested in these mods:

I remember what you said about mods in that other thread. But these very specific requests sadly might never become a part of the game, so at least you could enjoy those features and have fun decorating with immortal birds and non-spoilable hats on followers. 

50 minutes ago, Lovens said:

Hey @chirsg,

those suggestions are cool and I wish they were a part of the actual game. But until they aren't there (if ever), you might be interested in these mods:

I remember what you said about mods in that other thread. But these very specific requests sadly might never become a part of the game, so at least you could enjoy those features and have fun decorating with immortal birds and non-spoilable hats on followers. 

I'm playing a modded game now because I don't think it's worth playing vanilla until either I figure out how to reliably farm shells or if klei decides to bring them in. As for the hats, i don't know if I'll add them in my modded game. 

I find another problem with modded games is that having too many is a deterrent to players joining. 

I'm able to make the bird immortal in this mod but as for decorative hats, I'm not sure about that. Maybe I'll add it in.

I'll keep the suggestions as part of my signature because I know that all of them are good and justified. The game wouldn't break if they all made it in. 

I think the biggest issue with brightshades is how consistently bothersome they get in the long term. They aren’t bad short to medium term, but going past that causes them to get very tiring fast. It gets pretty annoying needing to thin them out constantly in builds in between other projects, especially when you have a massive excess of the husks already.

I got to the point where I just don’t build with plants anymore and did the lava dragonfly strat over using my old houndius-killing pens, because you just keep getting sheer amounts of them and it gets fairly annoying needing to stop what you are doing to empty out the traps or risk having major consequences every ~2 hours. 

It’s a pretty common complaint for most basers that I’ve seen, and apart from the rift changes so they don’t cause issues relating to bases, they haven’t really done much to address the issue. I still think about the fact that when I went to Glermz’s stream one time and asked him how he feels about brightshades, he opened up his map and show his avenue infested with them and talked about his general distaste of the mechanic a lot.

20 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

Because they are fun. where's the problem with having free brightshade gears all year?

How many have you killed? Becomes unfun to kill for the 1000th time an easy enemy which drop is worthless. The worst part is that you might kill them in the same place over and over and over

They are good in concept but become stale pretty quick because klei, for some reason, decided to add them without adding more infested partners to make rift infestation less repetitive. Instead we got 3 optional bosses that has no personal loot

New shrubbery we could decorate with. Grass wall skins and potted shrubbery for the sake of having alternative prettier structures and plants to not bother with brightshades.

Brightshade husk should be used for decorative items too. It's too damn common.

I wish people woukd calm down with all the update asking. When Klei has an update ready, they will tell us. I think we really don't need as much updates for a single game as we are getting right now either. Be patient.

Hope to see QoL updates planned in the roadmap. I'd like to see world generation reworked. I'd also like to see more "bite-sized" updates, as it means they're preparing something bigger than usual for the next update. Just like how we got 3 new bosses after the CotL update.

3 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

I wish people woukd calm down with all the update asking. When Klei has an update ready, they will tell us. I think we really don't need as much updates for a single game as we are getting right now either. Be patient.

Especially considering that the next update is a damn chinese update, like... what is there to be excited about?

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Especially considering that the next update is a damn chinese update, like... what is there to be excited about?

Year of the carrat was fun and year of the beefalo bring us a lot of good things for beefalos that ended up staying in the pure vanilla experience.

I hope they keep updating old seasonal and chinese events to reach the quality and fun year of the carrat and cawnival festival bring

I prefer vanilla survival content but i dont see a bad thing to add these side fun events...maybe im not an edgy teenager angry with the world

59 minutes ago, arubaro said:

I prefer vanilla survival content but i dont see a bad thing to add these side fun events...maybe im not an edgy teenager angry with the world

8 minutes ago, finn from human said:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

blatant xenophobia/racism :butterfly:

Fellas I just dislike the YotX events calm down. Imo they are too self-centered... or self-closed idk the correct term. Cawnival also falls under that in my book but at least the 1 extra update it got built onto the foundations of the event, rather than starting from ground zero each time

12 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Fellas I just dislike the YotX events calm down. Imo they are too self-centered... or self-closed idk the correct term. Cawnival also falls under that in my book but at least the 1 extra update it got built onto the foundations of the event, rather than starting from ground zero each time

The last two Year of Events added permanent new changes to the core gameplay itself Outside of the Year of Event.

Year of the Beefalo being the biggest one- Allowing players to craft the bell to have a Beefalo follow them around loyally to the end of all time rather your in a cave or on a ocean expedition, and also adding animations to gather resources without needing to dismount your Beefalo- These are huge, dare I say this.. Foundational changes.

Year of the Catcoon was significantly less impactful, but it still added the ability for Destroyed Catcoon dens to regenerate overtime, and added the new features of rummaging through their stumps for loots they may have stollen/gathered. 

It’s not as Foundation changing as YoTB, but it’s still a decent source to look for Electrical Doodads without having to gather the resources to craft them Yourself.

Im 125% certain the upcoming year of the Dragon update will rework Dragonflies boss fight/behavior, and I’m also 125% certain that there’s going to be ALOT of unhappy forum members when this raid bosses fight becomes easier, or even a passive mob you have to “provoke” to attack.

Eitherway, you can pretty much safely bank on changes to Dragonfly coming in an update titled Year of the Dragon. 

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im 125% certain the upcoming year of the Dragon update will rework Dragonflies boss fight/behavior, and I’m also 125% certain that there’s going to be ALOT of unhappy forum members when this raid bosses fight becomes easier, or even a passive mob you have to “provoke” to attack.

Eitherway, you can pretty much safely bank on changes to Dragonfly coming in an update titled Year of the Dragon. 

ah nice! did the devs say anything or this just wildly guessing? 125%, that must mean there a lot of evidence!

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Year of the Beefalo being the biggest one- Allowing players to craft the bell to have a Beefalo follow them around loyally to the end of all time rather your in a cave or on a ocean expedition, and also adding animations to gather resources without needing to dismount your Beefalo- These are huge, dare I say this.. Foundational changes.

Year of the Catcoon was significantly less impactful, but it still added the ability for Destroyed Catcoon dens to regenerate overtime, and added the new features of rummaging through their stumps for loots they may have stollen/gathered. 

I suppose the beefalo changes were indeed nice, I guess

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im 125% certain the upcoming year of the Dragon update will rework Dragonflies boss fight/behavior

Not to burst your bubble mate but I'm 125% certain you might be overhyping the event and setting yourself up for disappointment

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

I hope they keep updating old seasonal and chinese events to reach the quality and fun year of the carrat

Interesting that you've mentioned the carrat year especially as that actually was the one where my distaste for YotX events began. I was building a big carrat racetrack and halfway through I just kinda realized 'wait, I'm not enjoying this' and the chinese events haven't been able to re-charm me since

22 minutes ago, Uedo said:

ah nice! did the devs say anything or this just wildly guessing? 125%, that must mean there a lot of evidence!

I think there's chance since we did get (minor) QoL updates in the past year of events. But a boss rework whew that's kinda large so i say like 40 percent. I trust in what klei will feed us.

Just now, BalkanCockroach said:

I think there's chance since we did get (minor) QoL updates in the past year of events. But a boss rework whew that's kinda large so i say like 40 percent. I trust in what klei will feed us.

I think they'll focus on saladmanders, i'd love a dfly touch-up though.

2 minutes ago, Uedo said:

I think they'll focus on saladmanders, i'd love a dfly touch-up though.

I'm certain we'll get something with dfly. I'm just not certain if it's going to be a rework. I thinks it's either to do with lavae raising, a friendly minigame with the normally not so friendly giant or just straight up a rework. If it was just a rework tho would't it still be considered an event?

27 minutes ago, Retepeter said:

please make dfly directional but still move if you go too early I just love directional bosses so much 

moving won't allow it to hit you if you go behind it after hitting it even once, it'd need to predict where you'll go judging by where you moved last time for that to work but tbh there's no need to change that, the boss already works and there isn't much difference between going to right/left and away

Update has to be tomorrow right??? 
they said the Roadmap would be before the end of January, and assuming those plans did not change… there’s only two more days left in January to reveal said Roadmap.

Xbox usually updates its games on Tuesdays or Thursdays, and that would make tomorrow the last day of the month a DST update could happen.

That said- the Roadmap could be revealed on any random day JoeW or whoever feels like revealing it. :p

We'll probably get *an* announcement tomorrow or the day after,  even if it is just a "we'll be a little longer"

That said I'm curious about what was meant by "it'll make sense in the roadmap" in regards to the choice of short with the last spotlight update.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:24 PM, arubaro said:

How many have you killed? Becomes unfun to kill for the 1000th time an easy enemy which drop is worthless. The worst part is that you might kill them in the same place over and over and over

They are good in concept but become stale pretty quick because klei, for some reason, decided to add them without adding more infested partners to make rift infestation less repetitive. Instead we got 3 optional bosses that has no personal loot

3 worlds with 700+ days and we don't got enough husks for the 3 players we have in the world. We defeat every brightshade that spawns each rift, and we have rift spawn set to more. We barely even afford brightshade bombs, the most husks we ever had is like 40 and that's barely even repairing weapons and helms. We mostly use repair kits for the smasher. I dont know what kind of world you guys live in coz we definitely do not get 1000 brightshades, in 700 days its not even at 200 brightshades.

Seems weird other people have a different experience where they have more brilliance. We usually have 3x more brilliance than husks and we roam the world making sure all brightshades are always purged.

Archived