I think we get nothing for this month tbh, maybe the year of something by the very end, and that update would also be for February. I'd say the new road map is only coming late February or most likely in march.

I wasn’t expecting the update today, but I was expecting the “coming next week” tease. So since we didn’t get that we probably won’t get YoTD next week either.

I do have one request for this event though- Make Bearded Dragon GlomGlom Purchaseable or Weaveable.

It just makes sense, K thanks Bye.

I wish they push the update back months from now, ironically enough. It's odd people stand so aggressively against decorative abundance. I think that feedback really needs to be taken on board and not taken lightly.

Objectively, detached from my own opinions, the biggest problem I've witnessed people have the biggest issue with are brightshades. People have actually left the game and continue to stay gone because there isn't a definitive method to deal with them.

Either klei has decided to implement a grand fix which is dramatic and theatrical or brightshades will continue to plague us so. 

I hope it's the former and not the latter.

Sufficing to say, with the little updates, we're not going to have the brightshade solution. They should take their time and do something proper to address it. 

I'm sure Klei will release the road map and year of the dragon here soon we just have to be patient, and if Klei releases it during February than that's fine because the more time they spend making the road map, the better it is.

12 hours ago, chirsg said:

Objectively, detached from my own opinions, the biggest problem I've witnessed people have the biggest issue with are brightshades. People have actually left the game and continue to stay gone because there isn't a definitive method to deal with them.

You can deactivate the rifts if you don't like the Hound-Wave-2000.

And objectively, detached from my own opinions, people around here have a lot of problems with a lot of things. (stating it as a fact does not make it a fact, just as a sour comment).

12 hours ago, chirsg said:

I wish they push the update back months from now, ironically enough. It's odd people stand so aggressively against decorative abundance. I think that feedback really needs to be taken on board and not taken lightly.

Either klei has decided to implement a grand fix which is dramatic and theatrical or brightshades will continue to plague us so. 

I hope it's the former and not the latter.

Sufficing to say, with the little updates, we're not going to have the brightshade solution. They should take their time and do something proper to address it. 

never understood what the problem is with the brightshades. Me and my friends actually increased the rift spawn rate because we were lacking the repair kits for our brightshade gears

1 hour ago, Valase said:

You can deactivate the rifts if you don't like the Hound-Wave-2000.

I play wigfrid. She's the best brightshade killer in the game. I don't have as big a problem against them as other people do. People have actually quit the game due to them.

27 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

never understood what the problem is with the brightshades.

Why haven't you understood the problem with them? 

2 hours ago, chirsg said:

I play wigfrid. She's the best brightshade killer in the game. I don't have as big a problem against them as other people do. People have actually quit the game due to them.

Have confidence that people are able to stand up for themselves and represent their points, you don't need to save the day - as you say you don't have as big a problem against them as other people do. 

You also don't like them as much as other people do too, I like em :D

3 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

Because they are fun. where's the problem with having free brightshade gears all year?

I wish that Pure brilliance delivered itself to me like the husks!

4 hours ago, ThymeSpirit said:

I'm sure a lot of people have quit after they couldn't survive past first autumn. You can't make a game for everyone.

I'm talking about proper veterans. People with literal thousands of hours who have had their fill of brightshades. How they're implemented right now isn't a great way of it being done.

4 hours ago, Uedo said:

Have confidence that people are able to stand up for themselves and represent their points, you don't need to save the day - as you say you don't have as big a problem against them as other people do. 

You also don't like them as much as other people do too, I like em :D

And they have. There are people who say it themselves. I don't know if a repellent as a solution is something that's so detrimental to a player such as yourself, but I imagine complete omission of such a solution is unacceptable and would cause to losing you as a player. I say I'd rather lose a player who would leave because of a solution in a repellent that is more or less, optional rather than a player who is lost due to seeing brightshades as a problem when decorating.

4 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

Because they are fun. where's the problem with having free brightshade gears all year?

You obviously don't fight them enough if you haven't encountered the sheer disproportionate number you get compared to brilliance. 

I'm not sure what your opinion is worth in this circumstance. 

13 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I'm talking about proper veterans. People with literal thousands of hours who have had their fill of brightshades. How they're implemented right now isn't a great way of it being done.

And they have. There are people who say it themselves. I don't know if a repellent as a solution is something that's so detrimental to a player such as yourself, but I imagine complete omission of such a solution is unacceptable and would cause to losing you as a player. I say I'd rather lose a player who would leave because of a solution in a repellent that is more or less, optional rather than a player who is lost due to seeing brightshades as a problem when decorating.

You obviously don't fight them enough if you haven't encountered the sheer disproportionate number you get compared to brilliance. 

I'm not sure what your opinion is worth in this circumstance. 

The thing about Brightshades, much like pretty much anything else in DST (particularly in this case spider queens) is that you can avoid their entire existence and just leave them alone until your ready to deal with them.

Brightshades only real issue is that killing them out doesn’t seem to do you any good, because they just respawn shortly again later in the SAME EXACT SPOT you previously removed them from.

At least when I kill a Spider Queen infestation, I know they’re not coming back anytime soon..

With Brightshades they come back so often that I ignore them altogether just to not waste tool/weapon durability.

And a Repellent isn’t going to do you any good either- because currently your using a Brightshade sword, hammer or staff to remove them.

Spraying them with “Plant-B-Gone” is still going to circle back around to the SAME PROBLEM of wasting a resources durability on a mob/hassle that respawns in the same exact spot a little too frequently..

3 hours ago, chirsg said:

Ah right. 

I decorate, I still see no problem, but cheers for trying to explain yourself! :D

Brightshades are fine as is, I wouldn't start extending your concerns into mine if I were you buddy, cause i have none.

Archived