• Winona
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter
    • Wanda
    • Wonkey... somehow.
  2. 2. What is the biggest reason you main this character?

• I find their gameplay fun.
    • I like their personality.
    • They are powerful.
    • I like their skins.
    • I don't know how to play anyone else
  3. 3. How many hours do you have?

• <10
    • 10-100
    • 100-250
    • 250-500
    • 500-1000
    • 1000+

Im a Warly main because i love how his downside makes you rethink everything about food when playing solo. You stop seeing things as stats, and start seeing them as ingredients. Carrots that before were better due to giving you more hunger, are now worth less than a berry, for the berries can be used to make 32.5 hunger instead of 25 hunger. There are tons of little interactions like this. I also love running over bosses with an electrical beefalo with a horrible breath.

I main multiple characters like Webber, Warly and WX-78, I chose WX-78 as my main here though because imo their skins and personality are absolute peak and also the circuits (specifically the thermal ones) allow me to worry about less things while I play.

I mainly played Willow. Before owning the skill tree, before redoing, and even during the DS period, I played Willow, a character who played with flames and burned everything. I fell in love with it from the beginning. So I hope Klei can strengthen Shadow Fire a bit, because I prefer Shadow Fire over Moon Fire.

After some time of maining Wurt I kinda got burned out of her gameplay loop. (It wasn't the best idea to play a single character for a long period of time, won't do that again) So I decided to play as Walter. I found myself enjoying the sanity mechanics, Woby and a couple of slingshot tricks a lot, he's my main at the moment.

WX, they're pretty funi

their circuits are very fun to play with, you just have so much freedom to do whatever you want, even with just an illumination circuit. their skins are also pretty awesome, rook WX my beloved

wormwood's my 2nd favorite character, he's pretty fun to play as + infinite food glitch (knowing crop combos as wormwood)

I always find myself defaulting to Willow because I'm incredibly fond of her as a character. By extension I like her gameplay too, since it pretty organically fits her character by encouraging short term solutions like cooking in the go, staying warm by lighting a tree on fire, or using Bernie/Fire to quickly deal with shadow creatures/insanity. (Although i haven't been able to try her skill tree yet, which might contradict this a bit).

Wigfrid is a close second. This is largely because her combat buffs and helmets make it a lot easier to try things I haven't done before without immediately being annihilated. I try to fight pretty much every boss as Wigfrid first so I last long enough to recognize their attack pattern. Planning gameplay around a carnivorous diet is also extremely satisfying for me. An actress going so Method she gets superpowers is also extremely funny. She's probably my favorite character to tell non-DS fans about.

I've really wanted to expand into the other characters though. I've tried, but I think I might still need to get better at the game first. In particular, I'd love to be able to play as Wanda, but I can't even handle keeping track of Wolfgang's mightiness meter or Maxwell's spells. (I'd also love to play as Winona but her crafting speed/hunger penalties way outweigh her perks imo).

Woodie is perhaps the most unique character of the whole cast, basically completely bucking the traditional equipment gathering and upgrading that is essential to virtually every other character. It's extremely fun to play your own game and make unique strengths and weaknesses work to the best of your abilities.

Also based werecreature character :)

I just never have much luck with characters other than Wilson. Also, his skill tree, which includes turning Nitre to Gold and Morsels to Meat is wonderful for players like me who have approximately 100-125 hours in the game, and can't kite Pigs (Or anything else) and are constantly needing Gold. 

I was a wes, Wilson, wormwood, wendy and willow player, I used to switch between them. Then I became a Maxwell player after the rework, and also played Wanda and Wolfgang. I became so depressed with these that I switched back to wormwood after his skill tree, maining woodie right after. Currently I only play wx78, wurt and wendy.

You can see I was a "hardcore"/alternative player, switched to meta characters and now I'm sitting in the "relaxed" zone. Pretty hyped for maxwell, wx, wendy and wurt skill trees

I stopped playing willow completely after the skill tree. Also stopped playing maxwell more or less around when rifts were introduced. Planar defense kinda killed him (and Wanda).

Hm, Willow for sure.  She's the reason I started playing - I love a girl that wants to see the world BURN.

I also really enjoyed playing Wes for a while, and did a lot of Wanda after her release.  Warly is great for multiplayer where I can focus on farming up cool dishes for everyone to forget to use.

After some time playing different characters, I can't even say. All are fun. My favorites are probably Walter, Wurt, Woodie and Wortox, but the rest are really fun too. 

Started with Webber because I like spiders, stopped because it was annoying dealing with pigs in base. 

Then I went to Willow, part as curiosity about fire and part because dancing mini Bernie delights.

I later picked up Wormwood because incorporating mush planters has been a hobby of mine, and he allows a simple mass scale production. Unlike other Wormwood mains, I’m bad at farming giant crops, but I’ll still plant seeds hoping it will eventually turn to rot.

Wanda by a significant amount, primarily because of warping. In the endgame, where walking to point A to B can eat up a significant amount of time, having a character who can essentially reduce that a significant amount is very important. The alarming clock is nice, but I refrain from using that too much (apart from bosses like the antlion/nightmare werepig/frostjaw) since I usually keep the brightshade gear to make it consistent when I do play other characters for a bit.

I also really like Wanda’s personality. Her quirks about things like the telelocator focus being inefficient because it needs 3 purple gems are pretty funny to me. As someone who also has a mental disability related to minor remembering/memory concerns, it’s also nice to me to have a character who has issues relating to if things occurred earlier/later as well.

I like Wanda and it's wonderful not having to use cheats to fight bosses like Crab King or Ancient Fuelweaver.

Furthermore, Wanda has a real system of disadvantages, she has a slow and demanding start, which doesn't happen with Wolfgang.

And to have its full power, the player is required to sacrifice "life" (age), having less than 38 points (and decreasing to almost zero) (conversion of age into life).

On the other hand, Klei worked very well with Wanda for the game's classic mechanics. The planar system causes great harm to the character. I hope this is resolved in the skill tree like it was for Wolfgang.

In the original Dont Starve, Wendy- why? Because I really loved the concept of having this A.I. Follower that was sort of I guess like a “Player 2” and I could do fun stuff such as scare rabbits into running towards player 2, And also how I felt completely helpless when I let Abigail Die & I had to wait for the flower to bloom out again.

In DST- Wendy’s Rework made her more of an Automated character if anything, (toggle on to kill X, Toggle off to avoid killing Y) And that’s pretty much all the depth there is now, Even If you let Abigail Die you can just endlessly summon her over and over again, the only reason I still play Wendy in DST is well #1- Cool Skins, & #2- She’s very good at keeping other players Alive by being able to mass farm healing glands and silk for telltale hearts, top hats and tents for your friends who are trying to learn the game but die ALOT.

But lately I’ve been finding myself to enjoy firecaster Willow- Bernie I guess feels like that “Player 2” but he isn’t self Automated, I still have to raise & lower sanity to manage him. (Yes I know there’s a perk to force him to activate regardless of sanity.. but I can opt not to spec said perk.)

That said: Wendy still hands down no contest about it has the best skins of anyone in the game, so #Wendy Main.

I just wish that her skill tree would allow me to start with a not so useful Abigail, and then buff her up with skill perks.

Such as for example: Restoring the bloom rate Cooldown, but then giving us a Sisturn skill tree to balance it back out.

Same as how they took away Wolfgang’s speed boost but gave it back in skill tree investment.

Archived