• Winona
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter
    • Wanda
    • Wonkey... somehow.
  2. 2. What is the biggest reason you main this character?

• I find their gameplay fun.
    • I like their personality.
    • They are powerful.
    • I like their skins.
    • I don't know how to play anyone else
  3. 3. How many hours do you have?

• <10
    • 10-100
    • 100-250
    • 250-500
    • 500-1000
    • 1000+

I main Wes. His design and skins are great, plus I love the pantomiming. But the main draw is that every time I do anything cool as any character who isn't Wes, a little voice in my brain says "yeah that was cool, but could you have done it as Wes?" 

Usually the answer is no.

44 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

What is it with you guys and "mains"?

When given a choice between mutually exclusive options people like to specialize. Idk why there's any snobbery with this in DST considering mains have existed in virtually every single game that offers you a unique choice between characters such as in team based shooters.

40 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

When given a choice between mutually exclusive options people like to specialize. Idk why there's any snobbery with this in DST considering mains have existed in virtually every single game that offers you a unique choice between characters such as in team based shooters.

what snobbery are you talking about

I’ve been a wolfgang main since he was released in DS, and he’s gone through quite a few mechanical changes since then.

But I enjoy his warm personality and hitting things really hard.

Gotta say, I'm surprised to see Warly tying to the top ! Even if it's not exactly representative of anything. I like the character for his personality (oui oui, patriotisme) and the effect of having a Warly playing with you is so much appreciated, but I have difficulties being satisfied of playing as him myself. Surely that'll change for the best upon his skilltree release but for now I'm mostly maining Wortox when I'm not playing mod characters.

When i first played DS Rog when i unlocked Webber, I instantly love how he played he gives easy food, silk, and healing early through late game when you get access to more spider dens and he was the very first character i played as in DST as well but as time went experiencing other characters and playstyles i find that i enjoyed playing as Wigfrid since i like fighting and supporting the team as usual which is beneficial so sadly Webber was left behind :wilson_cry: (Still love him though)

Wendy i like to play as well because her personality and her quotes i find funny/interesting reading what she thinks of everything plus she helps with farming stuff like spiders or monkeys in the caves, and i find her story of how Abigail passed away and Wendy misses her alot, to not forget her to be very sweet of her 

On 1/18/2024 at 8:19 AM, The Starver said:

I just never have much luck with characters other than Wilson. Also, his skill tree, which includes turning Nitre to Gold and Morsels to Meat is wonderful for players like me who have approximately 100-125 hours in the game, and can't kite Pigs (Or anything else) and are constantly needing Gold. 

Don't worry, even with many more hours you may still have trouble kiting pigs. Regarding your gold problems, have you traded much with the pig king? If you spend some time in the dragonfly desert (the one with the round shaped cactus) and pick tumbleweeds you can get a bunch of trinkets which you can trade for a bunch of gold. There are many other ways to get gold from trading with pig king that you might consider crating nitre from gold instead!

As for which character I main, I like playing Woodie, Wicker, maxwell, Wanda, wortox, wormwood, warly, Wolfgang, Wendy, wigfrid, and recently with the skill tree, willow. I don't really like playing wurt or webber all that much. My least favorite character to play is probably Wes because he doesn't have quotes and I like examining random things to see what the character I am playing has to say about it. I will use the random button to decide who I am playing often.

2 hours ago, GimplyGoose said:

have you traded much with the pig king?

I have. I have problems with balancing all the early-game actions right now. I do have a world where I'm Winona and my friend is Woodie (embarrassingly, he has less time than I do, but he's better at Woodie than me), and I'm doing quite well (as of day 23).

For me, it's Webber, closely followed by Wurt. (In fact, it kinda alternates between the two.) Webber is an incredibly fun character that I feel is grossly misunderstood and underrated. He was my starter character, and over 1,000 hours later, he's still the one I gravitate toward the most.

My road with mains was long and arduous...

1. Wendy (pre-RWYS)
  2. Wurt (RWYS)
  3. Wanda (that was a fun change, from ignoring seasons to dying from cold near instantly)
  4. Maxwell (rework)
  5. Wolfgang then WX-78 for a long, long time (because DST is complicated enough, got tired of convoluted character mechanics)
  6. ...and now Willow

Currently Willow has the exact right combination of fun stuff and complexity for my tastes, though I do miss SPEEEEEEED.

I used to really love playing Wigfrid since I love tanky playstyles in games that let you just get in there during fights and never die, but I find myself maining Wilson nowadays since I tend to just pick whatever I feel like on public servers so having a default character to fall back to is just really convenient and it makes me appreciate him being the poster child of this series a bit more. His beard is also just really convenient and appeals to my male fantasy of having facial hair that nice and moldable

I play with Wigfrid, Winona, Wickerbottom and WX78. I change characters a lot because I get bored spending too much time with just one character lol. But lately I've been playing more as WX78 because I can be super lazy, feeding with gears is super op and I don't have to worry about keeping my thermal stone cold or hot. 

Wanda, not because of her power or skins, but rather because her personality REALLY fits her gamestyle. She seems to be always running late and barely keeping with things, which makes rushing things with her very on character.

The fact that she has no time to set up a proper base and instead be on the run, leaving things on the ground and not even having a kitchen!

It's also quite amusing to do it on different servers, kind of "lore accurate" to see different constants with the same character.

I want to see what they do with her skill tree, it's not like she needs much besides planar damage.

Archived