• Winona
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt
    • Walter
    • Wanda
    • Wonkey... somehow.
  2. 2. What is the biggest reason you main this character?

• I find their gameplay fun.
    • I like their personality.
    • They are powerful.
    • I like their skins.
    • I don't know how to play anyone else
  3. 3. How many hours do you have?

• <10
    • 10-100
    • 100-250
    • 250-500
    • 500-1000
    • 1000+

Wickerbottom and Wormwood! 

i love old wise lady/witch archetypes and books/libraries.

If it wasnt for Wickerbottom i most likely wouldve dropped DST like a brick shortly after my friend introduced me to the game ages ago :lol: because back then no other survivor interested me at all and i thought the game was ugly lol. 

Spoiler

Thats why i think new players should play the survivor they like the most instead of just following the standard “start with wilson” advice.

I played a little bit of Wig too in the very beginning until i got better at combat and making healing food but i could not stand playing any of the other survivors. 

Since Wormwood’s addition my playtime has been roughly evenly split between the two.

i like Wickerbottom because she has unique approaches to many aspects of the game. 

And i like Wormwood because hes always been the most fun fighter in the game to me by a mile, even more so now with his skilltree. 

Ive had a lot of fun with the new Willow too for ~250 days, did all the rift content etc but ive returned to my wicker and worm worlds now :lol: 

sooo thats probablyy my top 3. 

I main Warly.

(TW: grief)

Spoiler

The very first time I saw Taste of Home before COVID hit, it was on an old PC on an internet cafe which didn't have speakers. I was in the middle of printing stuff. No volume, so i didn't hear the beautiful score.

And I still wept. 

For Maman reminds me of my own grandmother. 

Of which I was a caregiver, for over the span of nearly a decade.

Who passed away, August of last year, with her loving grandson by her bedside.

I never really found the strength, whether emotionally or in game skill, to main Warly all these years. But now, early in January of this year, as a means to cope, I've begun a really successful Warly world, now in its fourth year, and on the cusp of slaying Fuelweaver and Celestial Champion solo for the first time.

I've never caught up to current patches ever since Celestial Champion dropped due to burnout, but now it's safe to say Warly's going to be the first character I'll ever take into the endgame.

On 1/18/2024 at 9:57 PM, Mike23Ua said:

In the original Dont Starve, Wendy- why? Because I really loved the concept of having this A.I. Follower that was sort of I guess like a “Player 2” and I could do fun stuff such as scare rabbits into running towards player 2, And also how I felt completely helpless when I let Abigail Die & I had to wait for the flower to bloom out again.

In DST- Wendy’s Rework made her more of an Automated character if anything, (toggle on to kill X, Toggle off to avoid killing Y) And that’s pretty much all the depth there is now, Even If you let Abigail Die you can just endlessly summon her over and over again, the only reason I still play Wendy in DST is well #1- Cool Skins, & #2- She’s very good at keeping other players Alive by being able to mass farm healing glands and silk for telltale hearts, top hats and tents for your friends who are trying to learn the game but die ALOT.

But lately I’ve been finding myself to enjoy firecaster Willow- Bernie I guess feels like that “Player 2” but he isn’t self Automated, I still have to raise & lower sanity to manage him. (Yes I know there’s a perk to force him to activate regardless of sanity.. but I can opt not to spec said perk.)

That said: Wendy still hands down no contest about it has the best skins of anyone in the game, so #Wendy Main.

I just wish that her skill tree would allow me to start with a not so useful Abigail, and then buff her up with skill perks.

Such as for example: Restoring the bloom rate Cooldown, but then giving us a Sisturn skill tree to balance it back out.

Same as how they took away Wolfgang’s speed boost but gave it back in skill tree investment.

Webber mains be playing 60 player coop splitscreen,

Wortox, the first DLC character had so much whimsey and charm to it that it completely blew me away; his quips and quotes are always a pleasure when playing. I still miss his original design, I feel like he became more marketable but idm being a cute goat. Munching souls feels so fun and making that one jump that gets you to point B that saves 2 seconds is satisfying and released dopamine into my brittle brain.

Also on a side note I'm pleasantly surprised by how many votes Willow got, I remember when Willow was the literally the worst character in the game. 

I main Wicker. In the early days when DS came to console I played to do the unlocks for each of the characters. Willow I thought would be my favorite but alas one bad run and unable to bounce back her sanity and I watched my then "massive" base burn to ash and I am fairly certain I borderline rage quit the game for a bit.

One thing I really enjoyed doing since the very beginning was pitting mob against mob. And long before I started watching videos and asking questions I started making mob specific farms mostly focused on tentacles. I suck at fighting in this game. Kiting.. even that I cant do consistently with even a spider/hound/treeguard so to have a character that could create death traps.. I used to laugh hysterically at the chaos I would create: tentacles, spiders, rock lobsters, bunnies and pigs all in various killing pens. I thought I was clever back then... of course til I started going online and looking up things..  Now I realize I was barely scratching the surface even back then what wicker could do!

Since she has all the additional books I have learned a lot more about the game and still she is my absolute favorite to play. I cant say I have even given most of the others a fair turn.

Her personality also reminds me a bit of my grandmother, love of gardening, cats and technical names so I am sure there is some affinity there as well.

Archived