There is a secret society of players who ONLY join games in summer and never any other season for the sole purpose of triggering wildfires around them to grief worlds.

I'm onto you. You think you're smarter than me, but you exist. This secret society is causing havoc within the community. They're terrorists.

Help me uncover the cabal. 

>be new player
>never survived past winter, always dies to some stupid furry cyclops
>decides to enter some random server in a different season
>summer sounds like fun!
>enter server, few seconds later starts losing life because too hot
>things around me starting catching on fire for some reason

>wtf is happening
>alt+f4 faster than a new player asking for base when they join a world

>MFW people think I'm part of some secret society

:wilson_cry:

I build 2 bases and I always play in pub. One on the surface with fig trees, kitchen, basic farms and a defense system, but only a few chests. Chests are for the public, and I personally don't store anything in there. This base is a heaven all year round but can be destroyed easily by the public. However, it can also be rebuilt very easily except for the fig trees. Usually I have 10 ish fig trees, but they are built in a particular way that only fire staff and weather pain can destroy them.

I have a second real base for me and people I know well enough to be trusted. The second base is usually deep in cave or deep in random ocean.

To conveniently access the second base, I play Wanda 9.99 out of 10 times........ I cope, but

Sad.

I still enjoy this secretive way of playing DST tho. Just not very chill.

17 minutes ago, AmigoInsonia said:

>be new player
>summer sounds like fun!

>wtf is happening

:wilson_cry:

Is always Webber or Walter

Asks for base before day 3

Sits at base, gobbles resources, does insignificant chores, thinks they're helping.

Goes insane/hungry/low hp, keeps telling in chat.

Hound wave arrives, "omg i swear i didn't do anything why is everything on fire, i swear it wasn't me"

Dies>doesn't get revived>doesn't get the message>drains more sanity.

Eventually leaves.

44 minutes ago, AmigoInsonia said:

>be new player
>summer sounds like fun!

>wtf is happening

ftfy

23 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Sits at base, gobbles resources, does insignificant chores, thinks they're helping.

Hound wave arrives, "omg i swear i didn't do anything why is everything on fire, i swear it wasn't me"

Eventually leaves.

I wonder what the world record for invested resources when it comes to resurrecting the same player over and over on a public server is.

10 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

I wonder what the world record for invested resources when it comes to resurrecting the same player over and over on a public server is.

Billion red gems, septrillion gold, Octrillion grass and glands or 1 Seconds chance watch.

Edit: No mistake was made here.

57 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Eventually leaves.

I think we need a buff or some utility skills to make Webber a character that at the very least you wouldn’t mind have on your team 

1 hour ago, Dr.Webber said:

I think we need a buff or some utility skills to make Webber a character that at the very least you wouldn’t mind have on your team 

The problem is that a Webber actually using spiders will turn the server connection red, causing unplayable amounts of server rollback and latency, doing more damage than the base sitters and sanity drainers.

5 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

The problem is that a Webber actually using spiders will turn the server connection red, causing unplayable amounts of server rollback and latency, doing more damage than the base sitters and sanity drainers.

Then Klei needs more server Support 

ngl, I joined a pub during summer yesterday and till now didn't even remember wildfires exist. Surprisingly, nothing burnt. (though tbh I joined during, like, 5 last days of summer, some of which were spent in caves anyway). 

The cartel strikes again. Winter. Alone. Spring. Alone.
Summer, boom. people join. People join. People join. People join. People join People join people join pleople join people joine poelpon skpojaopjdlkasjdlkjasdklkad

It's an actual thing. Klei needs to implement mid game private>public>private etc switching. 

Mods cannot do it. They can't. Modders are incapable of adding it into the game without you restarting the game and that takes loads of time to buffer.

I'm a bit over it. I have a public world to meet new players, but players are too much of a liability. to take care of during summer and unless they go maxwell or wicker to abuse rain in summer, no one can be trusted on the surface.

PLEASE KLEI, Add mid game password locks and allow us to make a game public later on. 

This is actually destroying the "Together" part of the game. I really would love to play with others, but the nature of summer is just too unforgiving with absolutely no fault of my own. 

I can handle summer and manage wildfires, but I've had too many situations where other players cannot and I'm punished for something I cannot help. 

And if I happen to spill over from spring to summer while a game is public, I need to either kick a player or ask them to leave because it's too dangerous for them to remain on the server.

If I leave the ice crystaleyezer active, they'll often die of freezing and it isn't fun for anyone.

Summer by far is the worst season in the game and I won't complain about it as a survival and base protection simulator, but the host of a world is severely punished for letting people roam free during summer, and summer defenses aren't nearly good enough.

i sometimes join random games in autum, winter, spring, and summer AND SURVIVE and find base because people are predictable where base is probably at (its either pigking or oasis most of the time)

3 hours ago, Echsrick said:

i sometimes join random games in autum, winter, spring, and summer AND SURVIVE and find base because people are predictable where base is probably at (its either pigking or oasis most of the time)

The problem isn't survival in summer. There are ways around it and you can just cheese summer by embracing your inner mole, but the problem is wildfires. If you choose not to edit the world settings, you get punished for someone else's existence 

20 minutes ago, chirsg said:

The problem isn't survival in summer. There are ways around it and you can just cheese summer by embracing your inner mole, but the problem is wildfires. If you choose not to edit the world settings, you get punished for someone else's existence 

How is this any different from Antlion Sinkholes, Red Hounds, Some Newbie staying in your base when Deerclops or Bearger Spawns, or Spring lightning strikes?

DS isn’t really a game that was designed to play with others.. and when you DO play with others you should be prepared for widespread chaos to ensue.

I would suggest putting anything you don’t want burned away in a Wildfire near large tree canopies or down in caves.

And if you build a Megabase and Don’t want players to destroy that base- I’d suggest only letting people who you can trust and know what they’re doing to be allowed to join your game.

As much as Klei would like for it to be: DST was never designed from the ground up to support Drop In/Drop Out Multiplayer, there are still features present from the single player game that can make multiplayer a pain.

There’s even some NEWER features that can make MP a pain, such as someone else’s sanity effecting the entire groups boating trip.

But I guess that’s where the word “Uncompromising” comes into the games description though isn’t it?

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But I guess that’s where the word “Uncompromising” comes into the games description though isn’t it?

If "uncompromising" is when you get punished by others' mistakes then literally every co-op multiplayer game is uncompromising, which they aren't.

11 minutes ago, _zwb said:

If "uncompromising" is when you get punished by others' mistakes then literally every co-op multiplayer game is uncompromising, which they aren't.

I mean really it depends.. Willow players may be super helpful to distract sanity creatures for people who are going insane using Bernie, but at the cost of Bernie’s Durability in the process.

Im a Wendy main so I know first hand how often reviving dead players can eventually take a toll on Wendy’s own survivability, sure she’s the best character in the game to mass farm telltale hearts with, but let other players die enough times & even that is going to take its toll on you.

DST wouldve probably faired out better being a 2-3 player coop game, groups larger than that often become chaos.

like I mean for example: A Woodie Player has super fast chopping skills which in general would be GREAT if there wasn’t a Wormwood around watching him uproot an entire forest.. Wormwoods Sanity is going to tank itself in this situation- Like Wise….

Wormwood can freely plant seeds he picks up into the dirt no crop plots or maintenance needed- But a wormwood who doesn’t upkeep these crops can cause fruit flies, Or much more recently- Deadly Brightshades to spawn of his randomly planted crops.

DST isn’t my go to choice for a Multiplayer game, it can be FUN when and if you find people to play with who enjoy playing in the same ways you do..

But if someone wants to fight BQ, while someone else just wants to go fishing or sailing- The game isn’t multiplayer friendly.

AND it’s one of the last games on the planet I’d actually WANT to play with random strangers that I don’t trust.

It comes with the territory of multiplayer gaming though, it can be fun with the right people, and a toxic dreadful experience with trolls.

Such is the way of Online Gaming. :( 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

How is this any different from Antlion Sinkholes, Red Hounds, Some Newbie staying in your base when Deerclops or Bearger Spawns, or Spring lightning strikes?

The problem with fire spread happening anywhere is that it can destroy 1000 stacks of logs just as it can 1.

Archived