There is a secret society of players who ONLY join games in summer and never any other season for the sole purpose of triggering wildfires around them to grief worlds.

1 hour ago, Reecitz said:

@Mike23Ua Do you have a mod pack/list of mods that you like to use for the experience you want from the game? Bonus points if it doesn't include Uncompromising Mode.

mike is console. not PC. no mods available. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean really it depends.. Willow players may be super helpful to distract sanity creatures for people who are going insane using Bernie, but at the cost of Bernie’s Durability in the process.

Im a Wendy main so I know first hand how often reviving dead players can eventually take a toll on Wendy’s own survivability, sure she’s the best character in the game to mass farm telltale hearts with, but let other players die enough times & even that is going to take its toll on you.

DST wouldve probably faired out better being a 2-3 player coop game, groups larger than that often become chaos.

like I mean for example: A Woodie Player has super fast chopping skills which in general would be GREAT if there wasn’t a Wormwood around watching him uproot an entire forest.. Wormwoods Sanity is going to tank itself in this situation- Like Wise….

Wormwood can freely plant seeds he picks up into the dirt no crop plots or maintenance needed- But a wormwood who doesn’t upkeep these crops can cause fruit flies, Or much more recently- Deadly Brightshades to spawn of his randomly planted crops.

DST isn’t my go to choice for a Multiplayer game, it can be FUN when and if you find people to play with who enjoy playing in the same ways you do..

But if someone wants to fight BQ, while someone else just wants to go fishing or sailing- The game isn’t multiplayer friendly.

AND it’s one of the last games on the planet I’d actually WANT to play with random strangers that I don’t trust.

It comes with the territory of multiplayer gaming though, it can be fun with the right people, and a toxic dreadful experience with trolls.

Such is the way of Online Gaming. :( 

This is about fires. not everything else. A character who dies to bee queen in autumn is less detrimental than a player who is surviving in summer, liable to wreck everything just by standing around.

Yes but.. Wildfires aren’t the Only ways players can unintentionally start fires,

There are: Red Hounds, Spring Lightning Strikes, Random Hilarious Tumbleweeds rolling through Dfly Biome and catching fire then rolling through your base while on fire, Animals getting so hot they spontaneously combust into flames in summer (namely rabbits, spiders, and the water pigeon whose name I forget at the moment) Dead players haunting a hound wave to turn them into Red Hounds, Wickerbottom Books, Maxwell Reading Wickerbottom Books, new Willow players trying to figure out what their newly unlocked Skill tree investments do, Woby Catching Fire during Summer then panicking and running herself into your nearby hand built forest (had this hilarious thing happen first hand by the way) and if your on Xbox-

A player dying with a Fire Staff in their hand and then trying to pick up all their dropped belongings.

Hint: The button to pick up dropped stuff is also the same button to light unwanted firestaff fires with.

Conclusion: Summer is a really bad season to try to play with random people who have no clue what they’re doing. But then again- Fires in general are just a very powerful super destructive force in DST that players need to take extra caution with.

28 minutes ago, chirsg said:

mike is console. not PC. no mods available. 

This is about fires. not everything else. A character who dies to bee queen in autumn is less detrimental than a player who is surviving in summer, liable to wreck everything just by standing around.

I was talking to Mike for one, not you. 

Secondly, the only sentiment that I 100% agree with in regards to his opinions is the flawed optimization of controller support. 

On 1/5/2024 at 7:11 PM, chirsg said:

I'm onto you. You think you're smarter than me, but you exist. This secret society is causing havoc within the community. They're terrorists.

Help me uncover the cabal. 

I would love to join you in summer but only as Willow :"D /jk

(in truth I never play pubs, I like my big bases not turned into charcoal)

edit: not mentioning my internet connection... eh.

I, too, do not alter the world settings. Changing them would make the game significantly easier, looser, and harder to experience the vanilla flavor. However, as the server progresses and the need for more farming and construction arises, it naturally tends to become a mega-base. While operating a mega-base, I used to seek refuge in caves or oases during the summer, but this lifestyle is quite exhausting and tiresome. That's why I am using this mod. If you're interested, take a look!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2506886144
The special key items used in this mod allow for the operation of mega-bases in places other than caves or sandstorms without significantly disrupting the balance

6 hours ago, lunararoma said:

mod

I appreciate your concern, but mods are never ever a valid permanent solution. I don't particularly like to use band aid solution, but mods patch up a problem and as time passes, a mod will be discontinued or rendered obsolete because mod authors do not get paid, especially ones who make QoL mods. 

When a mod no longer functions, it's liable to break and corrupt a world.

I'm sorry, no. I've put it as politely as I can, but I have to respectfully inform you that mods are never ever the solution.

Just recently, the main mod author of uncompromising mod has decided the game isn't going in the direction envisioned, and has distanced permanently from the game.

The mod's future is in limbo. This can be said about any mod. 

16 hours ago, chirsg said:

I appreciate your concern, but mods are never ever a valid permanent solution. I don't particularly like to use band aid solution, but mods patch up a problem and as time passes, a mod will be discontinued or rendered obsolete because mod authors do not get paid, especially ones who make QoL mods. 

When a mod no longer functions, it's liable to break and corrupt a world.

I'm sorry, no. I've put it as politely as I can, but I have to respectfully inform you that mods are never ever the solution.

Just recently, the main mod author of uncompromising mod has decided the game isn't going in the direction envisioned, and has distanced permanently from the game.

The mod's future is in limbo. This can be said about any mod. 

I respect your opinion if you don't want to use the mod. However, the mod is functioning well, and there have been consistent compatibility patches with each official update. Therefore, there is no risk of it becoming obsolete or malfunctioning. Please take note of this.

On 1/5/2024 at 2:06 PM, Dr.Webber said:

I think we need a buff or some utility skills to make Webber a character that at the very least you wouldn’t mind have on your team 

yea, webber can be super powerful and is definitely underrated in terms of early game combat abilities, but nobody plays him bc he has an irl -100/min sanity aura

Archived