Who chained NM Werepig?

You went nosing around places you shouldn't have, didn't you?

So who did it ? Maybe a higher entity in this shadow stuff, the ancient gateway ? Another ancestor of the Ancient Herald ? Who knows... 

But whatever that pig saw, they are ready to use even the rarest and strongest resources so that his mind will be dumbed with parasites to wash off what he/she saw so that the "places you shouldn't have nosed around" will remain a secret...

it's definitely a hidden being in this shadow world that did it, he fell in a nightmare fissure ? There's a lot of weird shadow stuff there. 

One pig probably was feeling adventurous enough to go down into caves to explore and brave his fears or even curse, seeing all the survivors doing caving this often made a pig inspired to try doing so too.
Being not very intelligent of a creature he went touching and meddling with shadow stuff and likely some fissures cause I doubt it gotten anywhere near the atrium, with it mutating into a sexy giant scary beast losing control over over his own will to resist from attacking everything near with the mix of curse and nightmare fuel there was only so much that Charlie and Maxwell could do to keep it in control. Maxwell forget a template for the pillars and chains to hold it down while Charlie brought in the fissures to crystalize enough nightmare fuel into dread stone to hold it in place forever. The marble is likely a fancy coverup since Maxwell's cages have that same shape and it being a dash of style and reinforcement from Charlie's end.

In the end it worked out for everyone, having survivors needing to deal with the werepig to beat it and take away it's power and most importantly dreadstone to put them to work and rebuild the gateway.

I don't understand why survivors would wanna help her do that, I know Maxwell has put his loyalty into her but what do they got to gain? I guess nothing in particular but just more technology to advance through, maybe break through finding an exit or making life more bearable in the Constant. These are my takes at least.

If was charlie means that there is a plot hole with how she has access to dreadstone, if not who did it?

And how daywalker found an entrace to planar shadow realm if the gateaway wasnt active?

22 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

One pig probably was feeling adventurous enough to go down into caves to explore and brave his fears or even curse, seeing all the survivors doing caving this often made a pig inspired to try doing so too.
Being not very intelligent of a creature he went touching and meddling with shadow stuff and likely some fissures cause I doubt it gotten anywhere near the atrium, with it mutating into a sexy giant scary beast losing control over over his own will to resist from attacking everything near with the mix of curse and nightmare fuel there was only so much that Charlie and Maxwell could do to keep it in control. Maxwell forget a template for the pillars and chains to hold it down while Charlie brought in the fissures to crystalize enough nightmare fuel into dread stone to hold it in place forever. The marble is likely a fancy coverup since Maxwell's cages have that same shape and it being a dash of style and reinforcement from Charlie's end.

In the end it worked out for everyone, having survivors needing to deal with the werepig to beat it and take away it's power and most importantly dreadstone to put them to work and rebuild the gateway.

I don't understand why survivors would wanna help her do that, I know Maxwell has put his loyalty into her but what do they got to gain? I guess nothing in particular but just more technology to advance through, maybe break through finding an exit or making life more bearable in the Constant. These are my takes at least.

Fissures don't make dreadstone until rifts. So can't be Charlie, again couldn't manage without out help.

There is the overlooked detail of the pillars being encased with Marble. The marble aesthetic is usually built by either Maxwell, although he didn't really do much with it, or Charlie who's built many statues and is inspired by the grecian look. it's more than possible it's Charlie. Hooowever. The pillars also eerily similarly looks like Maxwell's pillars in marble form. And despite Maxwell's quotes he's always been the guy who knows more than he leads on. 

image.png.ecc4aab27b690770120c86cae836dad1.pngimage.png.879749f96da059375fb35182ebeaecf2.png

Assuming that dreadstone was always present underground, acting as a base for supporting cave structure overall coming growing from deep below where the heart of corruption comes. Or that it's just a remnant from before, considered that Ancients made the gateway from the same material then likely it existed before. If not then it's a big fat plothole klei gonna need to forget about or explain lmao.

17 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Assuming that dreadstone was always present underground, acting as a base for supporting cave structure overall coming growing from deep below where the heart of corruption comes. Or that it's just a remnant from before, considered that Ancients made the gateway from the same material then likely it existed before. If not then it's a big fat plothole klei gonna need to forget about or explain lmao.

Rifts aren't caused by the earth shattering, they open cause the gateway is repaired and activated so we know dreadstone isn't from deeper underground. If we assume dreadstone was always there, Charlie would sure be smart enough make her minions do a lil mining right?

33 minutes ago, PunkShark said:

it's more than possible it's Charlie.

I literally explained how it's not possible.

The greek marble pillar stuff could be explained by Charlies dope sense of aesthetic. Cause she can change a lot of things appearance. Maybe she just wanted to make it look good.

And Maxwells quote sounds more like he knows "they" did it cause the schmexy werepig went meddling with shadow stuff.

38 minutes ago, PunkShark said:

There is the overlooked detail of the pillars being encased with Marble. The marble aesthetic is usually built by either Maxwell, although he didn't really do much with it, or Charlie who's built many statues and is inspired by the grecian look. it's more than possible it's Charlie. Hooowever. The pillars also eerily similarly looks like Maxwell's pillars in marble form. And despite Maxwell's quotes he's always been the guy who knows more than he leads on. 

image.png.ecc4aab27b690770120c86cae836dad1.pngimage.png.879749f96da059375fb35182ebeaecf2.png

It is a very strong theory, but just doesn't sit right with me. I wanna say the ancients made it but why would they use marble instead of thulecite?

So far the one that makes most sense is charlie made it, whichever plothole way she found dreadstone idk.

49 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

snip

if charlie had known about many things that lie down there she likely would, but it seems even semi-onmipotent (if she's even omnipotent apart survivors she stalks) being like her doesn't exactly have the strength or capability to finding everything that is sealed off or hidden. Maxwell had all that power and he didn't seem to know about the archive or what's deep far in the ocean. 

If Maxwell knows little means Charlie knows even less. One of the two has most knowledge of some things while other is partially fused with ancient shadow that really we have no evidence that it knows anything either.

To be true to the lore and how Klei designed the lore, we got a large group of knuckleheads breaking Constant's surroundings and physics for the sake of meddling and finding what lies deep within it's crust. All of them are kinda dumb and just stumble or find something peculiar enough to investigate.

3 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

if charlie had known about many things that lie down there she likely would, but it seems even semi-onmipotent (if she's even omnipotent apart survivors she stalks) being like her doesn't exactly have the strength or capability to finding everything that is sealed off or hidden. Maxwell had all that power and he didn't seem to know about the archive or what's deep far in the ocean. 

If Maxwell knows little means Charlie knows even less. One of the two has most knowledge of some things while other is partially fused with ancient shadow that really we have no evidence that it knows anything either.

To be true to the lore and how Klei designed the lore, we got a large group of knuckleheads breaking Constant's surroundings and physics for the sake of meddling and finding what lies deep within it's crust. All of them are kinda dumb and just stumble or find something peculiar enough to investigate.

Yeah good points, but still doesn't mean theres dreadstone underground. Maybe some exist before rifts but is just very rare. Honestly charlie making the pillars makes most sense logically but if so then i don't understand the gateway. Maybe it was just an assist?

44 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Yeah good points, but still doesn't mean theres dreadstone underground. Maybe some exist before rifts but is just very rare. Honestly charlie making the pillars makes most sense logically but if so then i don't understand the gateway. Maybe it was just an assist?

I think it's more open to imagination and interpretation. We can just say it always was there I guess. Or that They decided to punish Constant's wildlife for meddling with survivor affairs. Or that either Maxwell/Charlie interpretation. Dreadstone part could be a remnant from gateway, but also could be a highly concentrated nightmare fuel ancients used. Whatever way dreadstone appeared to exist in the constant, it likely came from below. 

While Wagstaff and Charlie seem to be mostly in the background it tell a lot that they've got no strength of capabilities to deal with higher level threats that been popping up as they stay elusive intentionally requiring survivors to grow in power for them to actually act. It's like villains come in on the last moment and take what they want stealing the chance from survivors from knowing anything or having whatever the power or strength those giant monsters have. Charlie has power to suck away energy from defeated foes while wagstaff takes the more scientific approach since he's not corrupt or has any magic powers.

Survivors have their talents to thank and enhance as with how skilltrees exist now, it really puts in the emphasis on the "together" part to the game title, as you work with allies and foes to get somewhere.

I think the WP made a deal with the shadows to get something amazing, and his current state is simply the shadows calling his tab on their part of the bargain, like they did with everyone else they have benefitted. The WP basically turned into Gollum, not wanting to give up whatever precious thing he got and is quite angry to have to deal with the consequences of said bargain.

7 minutes ago, PunkShark said:

in cinematics Charlie fixes up the gateway on her own. It's possible her decision to let us help her in-game is to let herself look less villainy, after all she rewards us for our help. But knowing Charlie lately it's manipulation. . After all, we get shadow aligned and go onto her side pretty much.

Not buying that. Couldn't she just ask for something else then? Like a purp gem or thulecite. She uses dreadstone to fix the portal not her shadow powers.

It's obviously Charlie, don't worry about plotholes, this game is filled with them.

To begin with why would any of the survivors other than Maxwell willingly give Charlie the dreadstone she is asking for? Wanda even points this out, not to mention Charlie can just get it herself anytime.

I would not think too much about it.

6 hours ago, CuteC said:

To begin with why would any of the survivors other than Maxwell willingly give Charlie the dreadstone she is asking for? Wanda even points this out, not to mention Charlie can just get it herself anytime.

because they're dumb, killing fuelweaver in the first place is a mistake when he's literally protecting a gateway that They have been known to go trough

On 1/5/2024 at 7:02 AM, BalkanCockroach said:

Couldn't be Charlie, she doesn't have access to dreadstone.

Maybe she didn't make the Dreadstone pillars and covered them in marble. You still need Nightmare Werepig to smash them to get the pieces.

Nightmare Werepig claims to have come from a "crack" (assuming rift (time paradox) or portal (Forge or another)) and gets attacked by Shadelings (that come from the other side) over the Pure Horror. It would have been a nice touch for the chains to have been the Shadelings shape-shifted and losing that form with the vibrations, but that doesn't explain much and keeps the "but it's a mystery" cop-out for where the pillars came from.

Going on the quotes and Wilson's alchemy (which is magic in some cases) Dreadstone is a form of concentrated Pure Horror, which is concentrated Nightmare Fuel if that helps any.

Archived