Wisteria's art :>

Yessss! A celebration indeed! (ohhhh it's fun to watch with that gif!)

Wist.. Uhh, could you do a request for me? I know it's time-consuming to create art, but I love your visuals, it's so beautiful!My request is.. Something emotional.. Something lonely! Something blue.I'm sorry.. :p

I could really imagine this character in the game. Very nice drawing. :)Any ideas for her perks?

I had a few! She's an herbalist (with questionable skill) so a few of the perks I thought of were:*Healing is a little more effective*Dangerous items are also more effective*More susceptible to Hallucinations*Quite polite

Wow! I'm absolutely floored you guys like her as much as you do, but I'm thrilled all the same! I love how many of you like her design and could see her in the game itself. I love character design so I'm geeking out a bit, haha.I'll be sure to draw more Wisteria for you! :D

I had a few! She's an herbalist (with questionable skill) so a few of the perks I thought of were:*Healing is a little more effective*Dangerous items are also more effective*More susceptible to Hallucinations*Quite polite

This sounds cool. What do you mean with dangerous items? Something like the negative effects of mushrooms?

[MENTION=5853]Shin[/MENTION]Exactly!Her skill is a little... hit and miss. She can identify the good food and herbs ordinarily but not all the time. Maybe that could be effected by her level of sanity or just her own folly, or even the new realm; maybe mushrooms that look like they'd have been good in her world are the exact opposite in this one. :) The potency of such negative effects would be doubled regardless.There's a lot to play with in that regard, but the long and short of it is: She's not the best at what she does.

[MENTION=5853]Shin[/MENTION]Exactly!Her skill is a little... hit and miss. She can identify the good food and herbs ordinarily but not all the time. Maybe that could be effected by her level of sanity or just her own folly, or even the new realm; maybe mushrooms that look like they'd have been good in her world are the exact opposite in this one. :) The potency of such negative effects would be doubled regardless.There's a lot to play with in that regard, but the long and short of it is: She's not the best at what she does.

This is very interesting. I like to have a risk that something can go wrong. :) That makes the perks well balanced.

[MENTION=5853]Shin[/MENTION]Sorry for the belated reply! Had to go to work, bleh. I'm glad you think so! I agree; I wanted to weigh the good with the bad. If all her perks are benefits, it makes it a challenge. :)

[MENTION=5853]Shin[/MENTION]Sorry for the belated reply! Had to go to work, bleh. I'm glad you think so! I agree; I wanted to weigh the good with the bad. If all her perks are benefits, it makes it a challenge. :)

No problem. I'm also late because I had stuff to do. :)Yeah. That's why I don't play characters like Wolfgang. They only have good perks and it makes the game too easy. Perks need to be balanced and not strong.Whats your favourite character by the way? I like to play Wes :)

Your Art is Amazing! I Absolutely adore it and I am so Jealous of how well it is done. I draw myself but have never really dabbled in the Don't Starve Style. I drew a Character ages back called Wesley (I think you still maybe able to find her) but it was absolutely Atrocious she had like a Big head and Everything XD. I Would adore to see Wisteria in Don't Starve her character Design, Perks and Everything would be Perfect! I'm not really sure I have any Requests but maybe some art tips would be nice. *Rubs back of head* Like which Pencils/Programs you use Ect...

[MENTION=8473]AnEmptyDream[/MENTION] I'm all for sharing my tools! ;v; I use paint tool sai, with a duplicate of the pen tool modified like so:

Posted Image

This gives it a mechanical pencil look. :D It was shared a while ago by an artist on tumblr.

As for tips, experiment! Push your limits, this style offers a lot in the terms of character flexibility. Stretch, squash-- play with your character as you draw them! And always outline the shape/figure of your character before you start to draw them. Y'know, the little stick-figure base and circle-with-cross for the head. :) I'll post an example up here soon, if you'd like!

[MENTION=10371]Green[/MENTION] OH GOODNESS, I--

Well, if you would like to see it, certainly! I can do that. :>