Why does the shark drop a magical boot

As the title says, what is the lore reasoning for this to exist, why does the boot leg create magic whirlpools that teleport you and why does a anthropomorphic shark man give you a magic shoe, He doesn't even have feet to wear boot with!!!!

My immersion is ruined, the game is literally unplayable.

There was a time when a young man born in a remote island was a marvelous soccer player. "Your legs will take you to places" everyone said.
But before his career took off, disaster happened: During a peaceful beach stroll he tripped against a sand castle and sent him tumbling down to the ocean where an evil shark ate both of his legs. Turns out that was not the end of the legs, and they forever kept the perk of taking whoever has them to places.

As for the original owner of those magic legs, he has sworn revenge against the shark and went to the seas, forever trying to find it. He is now known as Woodlegs, the best pirate in the constant, and the worst soccer player.

On 12/2/2023 at 8:50 PM, WhackE said:

So it appears no one can actually give me a real reason and all that anyone can seem to muster up is "Harry Potter Reference." Cool.

God forbid I ask for something more fitting.

I mean, unless a dev posts it's all speculation. Maybe try asking someone with more direct information instead of a form if you want something more definitive. We're all in the same *boat* here. 

Sharks eat pretty much everything they can get. They're known as the garbage cans of the ocean in real life. So, imagine the boot is leftovers of the remains of what they ate.
Even though you don't kill him i think that's what they were going for.

Why it's magical? Beats me.

Archived