Are you for or against adding Gorge content into dst?

RECYCLING GORGE  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Gorge assets to be introduced in the game on a separate island?

• YES!
    • no.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:46 PM, Horsheen said:

Personally I just don't think the assets fit into the base game in a way that would make sense. I guess I'd take them as skins sure, but you're more than welcome to hunt me down

what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

The vote title is a bit loaded, but i would adore the return of more gorge stuff, atleast the extra cook station complexity, i beg.

Reworked to integrate into the base game of course, i mean they literally did that with gorge farming and RWYS and that turned out solid gold.

2 hours ago, Spep said:

The vote title is a bit loaded, but i would adore the return of more gorge stuff, atleast the extra cook station complexity, i beg.

Reworked to integrate into the base game of course, i mean they literally did that with gorge farming and RWYS and that turned out solid gold.

There's only so much that can be worked into the base game. I can't imagine sugarwood forest turf and trees can't be put into the mainland. It would have to be on another island. There's also retrofitting to consider. 

On 10/30/2023 at 12:44 PM, chirsg said:

That's the thing with opinions. You are bound to disagree. I suggest that if it's an island, you can elect not to interact with it. 

What if i see it while sailing and my eyes explode?

I wonder how gnaw wouod be implemented if it was

yea, i'd like it. recently i discovered a pretty large scale mod that adds a whole bunch of the gorge's food, ingredients 'n stuff, and it also adds a gorge themed island, with sugar trees, spotty bushes, stone crabs and everything. i really enjoyed playin' with it, so i hope at least some of the gorge dishes or other stuff makes it in the game, just not a 1:1 port of it. give it some extra spice, y'know?

Yes to items, No to Island.

I missed the Gorge and Forge events, however I would love the elements to be added to the game... maybe they are added as assests you can aquire through event shrines to add to the game? I dont even need them to have funtion just decorative aesthetic would be a dream... looking at bases built using console commands knowing the items are there but Xbox can't pull them in for decoration is sad. I would also love Hamlet turfs/fencing/lights etc and a lot of the things I see purely for decorative purposes... it would not impact game play other than allowing players to create more lush environments. 

Even the ability to buy them as skins would be worth it in my opinion.

I understand how a new island would be easy solution proposed but I do hate sailing... then you have to sail there, spend hours collecting then sail back just to relocate the rng resources to sparsely use for decor. Moon Quay was a pain and I only went so I could bring the items back to the mainland and a return visit was because I needed to gather more from the portal.  The Lunar Island was close enough I could run docks to it, same with one of my salt brines. I keep putting off the water logged relocation because I dis like trying to navigate through it. It was neat the first time I saw it but so far all of the islands/Sailing content are "oh this is so neat let me steal everything and take it home and never return". If I could move Stacks closer to me I would because the Seaweeds are lovely but honestly I just dislike most of the sailing aspects. Its neat, but in this "creative" 900 ish day world I think I have only made 5 maybe 6 voyages for resources and then I use the boats for Lure plant farms or mini bridges and not much else.

I’m very mixed on incorporating gorge content into the main game. 

My biggest issue is that I don’t think the gorge aesthetically fits base DST. They were trying to go for a completely different setting and tone and while they fit perfectly there I don’t think they’d work as well in the constant. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love how gorge looks, I just think that you’d lose alot of what made the gorge special by slapping it onto the constant. It also just like goes against the lore like I don’t think this could really work lol

Archived