Reminder about ShopCat

BezKa

Ever since I started posting things people don't agree with, I've been getting a lot of shopcat reacts- that's fine and cool with me. But please consider

image.thumb.png.68cf456d26652e485882f6ced369a283.png

I realize it's been 3 years, but I thought everyone would like a reminder, because it's been knocking around in my head for a while now and I doubt people would actually like having reactions on the forums removed again.

By all means, do keep reacting to my posts with shopcat. image.thumb.png.ca72f9359b923c9893f607d1a54055e5.png

Correct me if this approach has changed since then, cheers image.png.180316e6ade22e9bdc9b145a88d00b92.png

Imo Klei should just bite the bullet and add a dislike reaction. It's good that the forums are moderated, so that we don't insult each other and the like. But at the end of the day playing the 'all reactions have to positive' is just putting on a fake smile and 'there's no war in ba sing se' level stuff. It's not like seeing a thumbs down under my serious take is gonna 'hurt' (or rather annoy) anymore than a laughing face or a cat.

We're all humans and we will express our dislikes for something.

If push comes to shove some people will weaponize potato cup, wavy, laugh, brain, ninja. Untill all that's left are purely positive reacts.

But that's neither here nor there, really. We all know that dislike will never happen, the facade has to be kept. Still, we can just write our dislikes for something in a passive-aggressive manner, like many people do anyways

I'm with Szczuku on this one. Some times you just need to tell someone they're being stupid and don't have the energy to put it all into words.

Also let's be honest, no matter what anyone at Klei says, Shopcat absolutely has the same energy as this flavor of image:

image.png.ab79b27e6769eaf866330de4e4036762.png

Largely because it's so small as a reaction that you can't see any detail in the eyes, just making it look like they're sunken into the shadows of disappointment.

It is simply impossible to stop a reaction being used as the "negative reaction". A symbol is only negative because the people using it are expressing negative emotions when using it, if shopcat gets removed, people would find another reaction like potato cup or ninja, heck, they can even use big-ups as a downvote.

If Klei REALLY REALLY wants to get rid of negative reaction they'd need to get rid of all reactions, forum users are negative, the symbols are not. Even if only one word is allowed on Klei forums it WILL be a negative one.

I’m going to take this opportunity to remind everyone that to ME the ShopCat react is the highest utmost honored reaction you can get, it’s not I like, or I love (health) or big ups, this is the OMG this is the best thing I’ve read from You type reaction for me.

So to those of you who have been using it as a negative response you may want to go remove your ShopCat reacts from my posts & replace them with something else or just remove the react & don’t react. :wilson_love:

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Imo Klei should just bite the bullet and add a dislike reaction. It's good that the forums are moderated, so that we don't insult each other and the like. But at the end of the day playing the 'all reactions have to positive' is just putting on a fake smile and 'there's no war in ba sing se' level stuff. It's not like seeing a thumbs down under my serious take is gonna 'hurt' (or rather annoy) anymore than a laughing face or a cat.

We're all humans and we will express our dislikes for something.

If push comes to shove some people will weaponize potato cup, wavy, laugh, brain, ninja. Untill all that's left are purely positive reacts.

But that's neither here nor there, really. We all know that dislike will never happen, the facade has to be kept. Still, we can just write our dislikes for something in a passive-aggressive manner, like many people do anyways

yeah 100% there needs to be a reaction that is akin to dislike. The forums are already moderated so if anything gets out of hand the mods can step in. 

38 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m going to take this opportunity to remind everyone that to ME the ShopCat react is the highest utmost honored reaction you can get, it’s not I like, or I love (health) or big ups, this is the OMG this is the best thing I’ve read from You type reaction for me.

So to those of you who have been using it as a negative response you may want to go remove your ShopCat reacts from my posts & replace them with something else or just remove the react & don’t react. :wilson_love:

Yeah you know exactly what WE mean when we use it though Mike so nice try but the shopcats remain. 

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

We all know a lot of people disagree with your opinions, you don't need to hide that fact.

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

People use the wavy hand as a dislike button all the time

What is it suppost to actually mean?

I use the Wavey hand to indicate that something is creepy…

I use Sanity, to indicate that this is a Brilliant Idea (big brain moment) or that it’s draining my sanity just trying to think about.

Yay for double meanings am I right?!

Either way: the truth is that the emotes are just for fun and don’t really have any particular meaning good or bad.

:willow::wilsontea::wolfgangstache::yaypigs::spidercowers:

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

People use the wavy hand as a dislike button all the time

What is it suppost to actually mean?

I don't think any of them are supposed to mean anything, they're just pictures. "Like" and "Haha" are obvious in their use, but most of the ones that got added later are just pictures. 

Archived