no beta today.

Despite the backlash against me personally, I still do think that a permanent beta should be underway with small tweaks here and there are periodically added in.

I know brawlhalla has a constant beta type mode like that. I think it's an experimentation branch where players can jump on and test out features to see how they sit within the scope of balance and gameplay.

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

Despite the backlash against me personally, I still do think that a permanent beta should be underway with small tweaks here and there are periodically added in.

I know brawlhalla has a constant beta type mode like that. I think it's an experimentation branch where players can jump on and test out features to see how they sit within the scope of balance and gameplay.

No one has a grudge against you

if people dont like your suggestions, they’re just unpopular

it has nothing to do with you being the person to post them

and what works for one game will not work for all, but I’ve already spoken against this suggestion (i assume its yours)

7 hours ago, chirsg said:

Brawlhalla is developed by other people. Why do you believe their development cycle justifies changing how Klei develop their games? They all have a reason to do things the way they do.

The Factorio developers are going for the opposite: https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-367. Their game is really popular and well made and the developers announced that an expansion is in the works but that they don't want to release or show any information until it is basically done.

Different people do things differently, and in this case they might have reasons such as not wanting to show an unfinished product that does not meet their standard of quality or simply don't need feedback at this point.

You could have a broken "beta" branch with minute and fickle changes but what for, question mark, especially if it is highly experimental things that most certainly will be discarded.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Brawlhalla is developed by other people. Why do you believe their development cycle justifies changing how Klei develop their games? They all have a reason to do things the way they do.

The Factorio developers are going for the opposite: https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-367. Their game is really popular and well made and the developers announced that an expansion is in the works but that they don't want to release or show any information until it is basically done.

Different people do things differently, and in this case they might have reasons such as not wanting to show an unfinished product that does not meet their standard of quality or simply don't need feedback at this point.

You could have a broken "beta" branch with minute and fickle changes but what for, question mark, especially if it is highly experimental things that most certainly will be discarded.

Look, I'm just suggesting things. I didn't know that my suggestions were under scrutiny. 

There is not too much judgement if things will or won't be discarded, as you put it. 

And "Broken beta branch" is a little overstated too. All I have proposed are the following:

Repairable Glommer statue

Waxed regular crops as permanent decorations

And finally, a change that may affect balance that should be explored with genuine gameplay, 100% occurrence of treasure when opening bottles at sea

these changes don't really warrant a dramatic beta because the 3 are rather underwhelming, with the last one perhaps having effects that may cause ripples within the gameplay and reward system that should be considered other than hypotheticals.

I'm just saying I wouldn't mind switching on a beta to explore small changes while things are cooking when it comes to development.

I don't know how else to communicate this to you, or anyone like you. 

Apparently these proposals are a hurricane of hardships. I think klei are a talented and skilled enough team to be able to consider a persistent beta period to play around with modest idea. I truly believe that these are modest ideas.

Then consider the sheer amount of small suggestions. There must be hundreds if not a thousand of them. Look in that subforum. Adding / changing small things still takes time. That time could be used elsewhere.

Plus not everybody wants every suggestion that someone else comes up with, because most of them are not that great. Guaranteed treasure maps is an abhorrent idea, if you ask me.

Maybe this is where the train of thought derails? You keep mentioning what you are passionate about but there are at least ten thousand other players who also have other ideas and opinions.

PS.

Your tactic with posting the same thing over and over again yielded success in the Woodie skill tree update but if everybody kept regurgitating their feedback word by word the forums would succumb under flooding.

11 hours ago, chirsg said:

Brawlhalla is a fighting game where character balance is of the utmost important. Don't Starve Together has the beefalo & Maxwell reworks. If Klei wanted to do something they'd do it, your post was less of a suggestion on a permanent beta branch and more of way of pitching random suggestions (there is no information that could possibly be gathered from repairing Glommer's statue or waxing giant crops, if they added the ability nobody would want it to not be added, they're such nothing cosmetic changes). The only suggestion you made that could actually affect the game at all is the treasure bottle thing, but I don't think anyone would test it because people don't really care about balance in this game. I doubt people would be like "This whole treasure thing is just too easy now".

3 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Then consider the sheer amount of small suggestions. There must be hundreds if not a thousand of them. Look in that subforum. Adding / changing small things still takes time. That time could be used elsewhere.

Plus not everybody wants every suggestion that someone else comes up with, because most of them are not that great. Guaranteed treasure maps is an abhorrent idea, if you ask me.

Maybe this is where the train of thought derails? You keep mentioning what you are passionate about but there are at least ten thousand other players who also have other ideas and opinions.

PS.

Your tactic with posting the same thing over and over again yielded success in the Woodie skill tree update but if everybody kept regurgitating their feedback word by word the forums would succumb under flooding.

yeah because I guess my guy was genuinely suggesting for EVERY SINGLE DAMN SUGGESTION to be added into A BETA, stop reaching.

2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Considering how this community reacts to any unused content and likes to claim it was "taken away" from them, that might not be a good course of action for Klei.

Yeah because a few idiots need to dictate how we see the game, suggestions and development.
What's unused is unused, it might get added in the future or scrapped entirely, people who don't comprehend that deserve to be ignored, but here we are :wilson_laugh:

17 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

This better be the most substancial update klei has ever made

3 skill trees incoming where one is bad but nobody complains because it's for unpopular character/was already strong, second is good but gets some tweaks anyway and 3rd keep a character as a swap character or adds swap character aspects to one that wasn't before while for non swap gameplay they have only one set of perks used by everyone 99% time because other choices are just silly.  

19 hours ago, chirsg said:

I truly believe that these are modest ideas.

they are, but that doesn’t mean they will be added, maybe klei just doesnt want them.

honestly 80% of posts about minor tweaks are not only totally feasible but would in fact be fairly easy to implement, yours included. But that doesn’t mean it will be added, and it also doesn’t mean you have some right to be listened to. 

honestly you react as if people are being unreasonable to just disagree with you, when most people are being polite about their disagreement.

You literally live in my notification bar. You have to seek out my posts to detract from them. You can't criticize the ideas themselves, so you must criticize the person behind them, i.e. me.

You haven't said anything that remotely detracts from each individual idea. You don't get a dedicated reply because I can count on you to seek out my posts specifically and shoot into my bell icon. 

I remember you from the skilltree beta and if you had your way, Woodie wouldn't be as much fun as he is now and your tirade was pretty involved when it came to defending decisions made in the beta that would have taken away from the enjoyment of Woodie's transformations specifically.

Just because you can criticize ideas, doesn't count for anything.

With all due respect, I'm glad the recent character skill tree beta was not affected by any of your opinions. 

You can't really name many reasons as to why having a repairable glommer statue, which would only be a cosmetic change and a small tax on marble with negative returns on repairs, waxable grown crops, or degradation pause on hats worn by hunchback mobs. You can only attack on my character as a person.

The exception being the treasure spawning from every bottle opened at sea which may need balancing adjustment.

Archived