[Game Update] - 568393

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Fixed skill tree selections getting removed during a save cycle in offline mode.
  • Fixed a crash related to Woodie’s werebeaver form as a ghost.
  • Fixed Wolfgang’s work crits working on Dreadstone Pillars with a tool unsuitable for the job.
  • Fixed Wolfgang’s work crits not breaking Mini Glaciers.
  • Fixed a crash related to the Merm King with modded worlds.
  • Fixed Pillars losing their collision when going out of range letting creatures walk through them.
  • Fixed Woodie’s were meter draining during the transformation animation.
  • Added a missing validation check for skill tree skill selections.

View full update

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3
  • Ninja 1

2 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:
  • Added a missing validation check for skill tree skill selections.

This is finally patched!

Edit: what does the ninja reaction mean?

Edited by _zwb
  • Ninja 39

11 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Fixed Pillars losing their collision when going out of range letting creatures walk through them

Ooooooo!! This is gonna be very nice for projects later on! Happy to see it’s intentional : )

2 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Fixed statues got their collision when in range letting creatures cant walk through them? lol

When statues go out of range they lose collision allowing creatures to walk through them.  Can they get this fixed so mobs quit ghosting through them?

well it is a thing ppl doing ....so either way get rid of this "feature" of statues OR make walls with the same feature ....i mean everone thinking about it RATIONALY should come to the conclusion that this cant be right... use statues as walls? either way make the reason for that disapear (fix) but then ppl are pissed and tons of setups dont work anymore ..primarly wino getting pissed prolly... OR just accept it as a feature ppl want and make a frekin real thing already whats less wonky then statues ...right?

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

I feel like pathing obstruction is just a part of statues walls, the main upside is just unbreakable walls which isn't a thing with normal walls and they get ugly as they break, plus no catapult setup can use actual walls cause the rocks are gonna do more damage to the walls than any mob ever will.

59 minutes ago, n11360 said:

well it is a thing ppl doing ....so either way get rid of this "feature" of statues OR make walls with the same feature ....i mean everone thinking about it RATIONALY should come to the conclusion that this cant be right... use statues as walls? either way make the reason for that disapear (fix) but then ppl are pissed and tons of setups dont work anymore ..primarly wino getting pissed prolly... OR just accept it as a feature ppl want and make a frekin real thing already whats less wonky then statues ...right?

There is a common opinion that "if we're going to have xyz thing we need a feature designed to explicitly be xyz thing" and I don't agree with it.

Part of DST is about allowing players to be creative and encouraging emergent game play.  This practically requires things to be used for what they are useful for, without labeling everything with what it is "intended" for.  ie if you want to obstruct mobs you use things that obstruct mobs.  Whether that is a pond, statue, other mob, end table, etc.  Not every wall has to have a big "THIS IS A WALL" tag on it.

Like Bearger is great at harvesting trees, that doesn't mean we modify him to wear a "I CHOP TREES" sign around his neck...

If we did add "wall without hitpoints, blocks movement but not pathing" how would that be any different from just letting us put statues around?  We gain nothing from this.  Its not a glitch or a bug to use how the world works to get the outcome we want, that's literally the game.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

If we did add "wall without hitpoints, blocks movement but not pathing" how would that be any different from just letting us put statues around?  We gain nothing from this.  Its not a glitch or a bug to use how the world works to get the outcome we want, that's literally the game.

Yes, statues as walls are in the game, but that's moreso an unintended feature of statues that Klei decided to leave in the game. Whether you call it legitimate or not, Klei isn't really making a stance one way or the other, but they effectively would be if they started propagating wall-specific qualities to statues.

• Like 5

Wormwood can craft lunar saplings but cannot craft normal saplings, it is so weird. If it is twiggy tree world, how i can get the normal saplings?

1. wormwood can transform from normal berry bush to juicy berry bush and from juicy berry bush to normal berry bush, so I think it can be happened between normal saplings and twiggy tree.

2. the lunar saplings can get by lunar experiment(conducted at mad scientist lab in Hallowed night event) from normal saplings, but we cannot  get normal saplings from lunar saplings

• Sanity 1

44 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

Yes, statues as walls are in the game, but that's moreso an unintended feature of statues that Klei decided to leave in the game. Whether you call it legitimate or not, Klei isn't really making a stance one way or the other, but they effectively would be if they started propagating wall-specific qualities to statues.

They could use some vague wording to stay mysterious. "Improved the way the game de-renders distant entities." or something. And making it so that they don't occasionally unload earlier than other things isn't giving them "wall-specific qualities", that makes no sense. 

Anyone having issues with their mods not working? It has them set to be updated, but it turns forever and does nothing. Already validated, uninstalled the game and unsubbed all mods, still no luck. Only happened after this last update. 

Is idea I don’t even ask for credit I just want it to be taken in to account when deciding for his skin tree(made a few MORE changes and added on some stuff sense I last posted this)  

This would make a better consistency 

this will help lunar and shadow mirror each other better(made some options for a third lunar affinity craft for Wilson)

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Shopcat 3

On 8/9/2023 at 8:50 PM, n11360 said:

can we get walls what make it unecessary to use statues as walls?

More likely we'll get statues collision removed so mobs pass through them than more cheese.

• Potato Cup 1