Jump to content

You only like Winter exclusively for MacTusk drop


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, KeshS said:

As title says, otherwise it's a boring season. I am not taking winter events into account, since they happen rarely.

I mean your not wrong when you look at winter to summer. Winter has better rewards while summer has more involved mechanics with more unique solutions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, _zwb said:

I love Klaus boss fight. Checkmate MacTusk fan.

Rewards over the years got worse. Even a drop like eyeball got worse, because farming clops is a thing now. If you just like Klaus for the sake of fighting it, can't say you are wrong.

9 minutes ago, Ulisesvolador said:

I like ice.

You can get enough ice in Autumn and Spring.

11 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean your not wrong when you look at winter to summer. Winter has better rewards while summer has more involved mechanics with more unique solutions.

It's all the same. You slap on thermal stone and go about your ways. Only difference in summer, folks hide in caves to avoid overheating and wildfires, making it just Autumn 2.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Winter because of the snow and overall atmosphere.

I also like how most of the sound effects subtly change during this season and are slightly "muffled" in a way it adds to the atmosphere of being in a very cold enviroment - I said it quite few times already but sound design in this game is top notch.

PS: I also like "Working Through Winter" theme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Rewards over the years got worse.

 

You can literally say that to any boss in this game but I get the point. But still it's always nice to get an extra krampus sack or get more wax paper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

I also like how most of the sound effects subtly change during this season and are slightly "muffled" in a way it adds to the atmosphere of being in a very cold enviroment

Ah the half bitrate effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cold is a much more engaging mechanic than what's found in other seasons and Klaus is among the best fights in the game. It also has great sound muffling, snow footsteps, color cube, music, and snow graphics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the challenge and the general vibe of despair, one of the few instances of it in the current dst

Also the fact that this season changes the world the most, makes it feel alive and immersive. Could still be improved, obviously

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KeshS said:

It's all the same. You slap on thermal stone and go about your ways. Only difference in summer, folks hide in caves to avoid overheating and wildfires, making it just Autumn 2.0.

Being forced into the caves to avoid it is a unique interaction in itself as are cave ins, sinkholes, wildfires, and the sandstorm. All with various ways to approach them including fans, watering cans, ice staffs, water balloon and manipulating your wetness. Choosing to ingore most of it is like saying the ruins doesn't offer any loot because you refuse to go there.

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

Spring has the funny frog rain that people in pubs can't handle

Tbf that's mostly because it punishes players who camp base and never leave(unless your Wurt)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

I consider Deerclops to be a sort of "Rite of Passage" for new players, and her drop is exceptionally useful in preparing for the next two seasons.

I mean do you really? A Deerclops will despawn (with a cute happy grin on its face) after smashing 5 structures. You can technically avoid ever fighting it by putting bait structures somewhere for it to smash & leave happily.

alternatively, (at least until Bearger spawns) you can attack it from a distance with an Ice staff to get it to cut down forests for You. 

Killing Deerclops gives you a Head Umbrella that makes Spring & Summer both significantly easier, but you don’t really even need this head umbrella, you can get by just fine with a pretty parasol, football helmet/straw hat & standing under a tree.

The only right of passage here is “can you kill this boss? To make staying alive significantly easier, OR Will you continue to Suffer Miserably because you can’t?

Its like Activating the MoonStorms (which I’ve never done..) But “can you kill this boss?? Or continue to suffer because you can’t?

Ant-Lion- Can you kill/appease this Boss or continue to have it make your life more miserable because you can’t?

The entire game is structured in such an annoyingly unfair way that we don’t ever NEED an “Uncompromising Mode..” because rather Klei intended game design to be this way or not… the game becomes more “Uncompromising” the more you CAN’T deal with the problems it throws at you.

The TL:DR- the game only gets harder if your a noob who was already struggling to get by… yet it REWARDS the players who can over come the things the noobs were struggling with by making those players lives that much easier???? Uhh… did I miss something here??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean do you really? A Deerclops will despawn (with a cute happy grin on its face) after smashing 5 structures. You can technically avoid ever fighting it by putting bait structures somewhere for it to smash & leave happily.

alternatively, (at least until Bearger spawns) you can attack it from a distance with an Ice staff to get it to cut down forests for You. 

Killing Deerclops gives you a Head Umbrella that makes Spring & Summer both significantly easier, but you don’t really even need this head umbrella, you can get by just fine with a pretty parasol, football helmet/straw hat & standing under a tree.

The only right of passage here is “can you kill this boss? To make staying alive significantly easier, OR Will you continue to Suffer Miserably because you can’t?

Its like Activating the MoonStorms (which I’ve never done..) But “can you kill this boss?? Or continue to suffer because you can’t?

Ant-Lion- Can you kill/appease this Boss or continue to have it make your life more miserable because you can’t?

The entire game is structured in such an annoyingly unfair way that we don’t ever NEED an “Uncompromising Mode..” because rather Klei intended game design to be this way or not… the game becomes more “Uncompromising” the more you CAN’T deal with the problems it throws at you.

The TL:DR- the game only gets harder if your a noob who was already struggling to get by… yet it REWARDS the players who can over come the things the noobs were struggling with by making those players lives that much easier???? Uhh… did I miss something here??

You can always use umbrella combined with football helmet, or a straw hat for that matter.

Eyebrella is just a nice alternative protection from rain/heat, you can always make your way through seasons without ever using it.

You kill bosses, craft expensive things, do some other activities - you get rewarded, I dont see a problem with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dragonboooorn said:

You can always use umbrella combined with football helmet, or a straw hat for that matter.

Eyebrella is just a nice alternative protection from rain/heat, you can always make your way through seasons without ever using it.

You kill bosses, craft expensive things, do some other activities - you get rewarded, I dont see a problem with that. 

The “Problem” is that the player who was already suffering with difficulty, gets punished for not being able to overcome their current challenges by having even more challenges piled on top of that one, meanwhile- for the players who can overcome the difficulty, their game suddenly becomes less difficult? 

I’ve been around for a long time.. you beat Green Hill Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & you eventually come to a point where you have to clear an entire level with no rings, and still defeat a boss.

 DST isn’t structured like that- it’s like if players can’t even get through Green Hill Zone but still end up in that Zone with no Rings and a Boss.

If Deerclops doesn’t kill them, low sanity trying to fight it, running from sanity monsters & freezing to death, or the season that comes after that will.

Ant-Lion only attacks the ground 2 times when it first starts its crater attacks, but if you continue to ignore fighting it, either through lack of knowledge of its existence, or through lack of skill in being able to progress- the game decides let’s up its crater attacks from 2 to 7.

The TL:DR- The game becomes harder over time if you CANT pass the challenge it throws at You, but becomes Easier if you Can???

I am so very deeply confused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Being forced into the caves to avoid it is a unique interaction in itself as are cave ins, sinkholes, wildfires, and the sandstorm.

Whether to deal or not deal with that stuff is quite obvious the latter if you don't get any reward from it. That's unrelated to the topic anyway.

5 hours ago, Ulisesvolador said:

Enough for what?, also the ice in Spring is from Winter.

You can turn off winter completely, and you would still get ice in spring.

 

To the people that answered "winter is immersive with nice sounds", and "Klaus is a cool boss". Question, if Mactusk migrated to a different season (they still can't spawn in starting season), your opinion on winter gameplay would stay the same?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...