Should riding/taming get more update for other creatures?

Koalefant: (favorite food watermelon) 1000 hp 50 damage
Flat 50 damage at start.
+Sanity aura when tamed.

Winter Koalefant: (favorite food pumpkin) 1000 hp 50 damage
Same as koalefant but add 240 isulation thickness when riding.

Volt goat: (favorite food cactus)
37.5 damage, 700 hp, can be charged with lighting.

Varg: Will be the most risk/reward creature to tame. Can only attach bell after fully tamed. (You need to keep his hunger above 0 by giving him meat/meat dishes while dodging his attack for 20 days)
1800 hp 50 damage. Fully tamed dog will become neutral. You can only ride him if he not targeting you or anything (by putting him to sleep maybe)
nearby hound become neutral (when start taming)/follower (when successfully tamed) when riding.

Grass Gator (favorite food fig.) 1000 hp 50 damage.
Can jump and swim in shallow water.

Spider queen (Can only be ridden by Webber.) High hp/damage but super slow walking speed.

1 hour ago, Brago-sama said:

Imagine getting bucked off in the ocean :lol:

Dont you know beefalo can buck you off in the ocean? If you are in middle of jumping on to boad animation and buck timer count down to 0, it will kick you off to ocean.

1 hour ago, Tranoze said:

Dont you know beefalo can buck you off in the ocean? If you are in middle of jumping on to boad animation and buck timer count down to 0, it will kick you off to ocean

Yeah but that's a very specific situation with grass gators you are always on the ocean

4 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

So i was thinking of 2 things. 1 isn't a Volt goat a bit too small to you know ride on and 2 if you ride on a Volt goat while it's electrified is it going to shock you to death?

It's kind of Raptor sized and you can ride those (sorry been having ARK on my mind lately xD) 

As for electric charge probably a special saddle would be required or wearing a shock proof clothing.

43 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

if you ride on a Volt goat while it's electrified is it going to shock you to death?

37 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

a special saddle

Scientifically, the reason you got shock is because you touching the ground and electric from volt goat come from goat, through you to the ground, which electrocute you. Riding it will remove you from ground and you wont be electrocuted.

Thus flying creature like beequeen and bees, fruit flies, mosquitor should immune to electric damage.

Most of the suggestions I'm not too fond of, but I'd love the Grass Gator one to be added. It could also passively shake off some Grass and Twigs from his back.

But I don't know if Klei would accept it, since it would be pretty goofy to have Grass Gators constantly sitting around in base.

34 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Most of the suggestions I'm not too fond of, but I'd love the Grass Gator one to be added. It could also passively shake off some Grass and Twigs from his back.

But I don't know if Klei would accept it, since it would be pretty goofy to have Grass Gators constantly sitting around in base.

Can't you already keep them at base via a new above average tree? And teleportation 

17 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Isn’t a beefalo faster and also doesn’t have a cost for the most part 

You can't really teleport from one side of the map to the other with a Beefalo, or to and from pearl's island. And with a Boomerang to kill birds the cost is neglegible as well.

I hate beefalo riding because you are just playing a beefalo instead of your character most of the time. It feels like cheating so I never use one (unless it is to move Statue Pieces or Lunar Altars). To me it would be a waste of time to work on other creatures but a lot of people enjoy beefalo so sure why not.

16 minutes ago, bloopah said:

You can't really teleport from one side of the map to the other with a Beefalo, or to and from pearl's island. And with a Boomerang to kill birds the cost is neglegible as well.

ngl i forgot about wortox's mini rework thing

47 minutes ago, bloopah said:

Why are you using boomerangs? The new Brightshade staff will make you feel like you have your very own Abigail to just stand in a field of flowers and butterflies and reap the rewards.

Brightshade gear has made the game much more enjoyable for me, it’s just a shame that it’s locked behind needing to do some late game quests that by the time you obtain this gear under normal conditions, it feels Mediocre at best. I’ve turned wild rifts on in Day 1 worlds & the Brightshade Gear speeds up the early game by helping me get to the late game faster.

That said: and on the same topic as Brightshades & Lunar Rifts- Someone had suggested that Rifts Lune-Tate the areas they spawn in, rather than just destroying the area.. this idea sounds complex, BUT if mobs caught up in a lunar rift can be mutated then I absolutely flat out demand (im not even asking.. I’m demanding lol) that Catcoons caught up in a Lunar Rift Mutate into that scrapped concept mob Catmando Beast (and of course he would be tameable and rideable!) :love_heart:

IMG_5752.thumb.jpeg.df4f02b9605ad577095bfd590f686300.jpeg

I also would really enjoy a mob that you can ride that can float/hover, Glommer seems big enough to sit on and ride.. why not? It would open up new doorways to new types of game content, or new ways to interact with Existing Content..

For example, I can wall in my entire base like a castle fortress and then just fly out over the walls on my trusty mount (you can thank Minecraft legends Beetle for this suggestion, but I’ve also really really wanted to ride the scrapped Moon Moths long before MC Legends ever came out..)

IMG_5751.thumb.jpeg.d93290b9ba26dd1949b991ddbecb5332.jpeg

Having a mob that can hover above the ground when you ride it would allow you to fly over walls, avoid enemy attacks that target the ground (such as Klaus Gem Deer or Antlion damage) You could also fly over the dark abyss down in caves, I mean there’s a lot of new gameplay that would open up If we had a hovering mount..

To avoid the hovering mount just deleting boats, they would need to land to rest after some time.

Grass Gators would be cool too I guess, but they would basically just be Water Beefalo.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The new Brightshade staff will make you feel like you have your very own Abigail to just stand in a field of flowers and butterflies and reap the rewards.

unironically i would use a boomerang over that staff any day of the week

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

You still save more time with a beefalo overall for anything that doesn't require going to sea.

I think the coolest one would probably be malbatross. It's a neutral boss, and just big enough to look like it could be plausibly ridden. Plus, a way to incentivise going ocean fishing would be neat, and it could perhaps have some sort of fast travel system similar to wortox's map soul hop.

I think it would be cool if there were different rideable mobs, BUT they each had their own unique taming process.

Beefalo need to have their faces stuffed to tame them.. but I think something like a Grass Gator would need you to show your supremacy over it by beating it in Battle.

If you guys have ever played Ark Survival Evolved you can’t just use the same technique to tame every Dino in the game, so if we’re Going to add new tameable mounts, let’s make each process unique. 

Maybe Koelephant for example would continue to run off after the first encounter (and you attempting to tame but not kill it for its meats) needing to be tracked down again a few more times until it stops being scared of you and starts to like you.

Yeah DST isn’t Ark Survival Evolved, and I’d never want it to be ASE, but I would love for new gameplay to be added if new mounts are added.. rather than everything just feeling like a Reskinned Beefalo.

Im also not a fan of the idea for tameable spider Queen for Webber… I mean, have you seen how incredibly slow those things walk and attack? 

Klei: Invents malbatross, humanoid pigs, merms, leggy eyebirds, all kinds of pun animals, crab king, lightning birds…

Also Klei: Uh, the player should be able to ride some Don’t Starve animal? beep boop Uh we already have cattle, I guess that’s fine?

On 5/20/2023 at 10:42 PM, Tranoze said:

snip

Love the ideas, I'd also like to pitch Ewecus as a possible mount, allowing for ranged and melee attacks.

Also I think there needs to be more balancing between all these different options beyond aesthetics. Each one needs a distinct purpose they excel at better than the other options. maybe some are the tank class, others have higher dps but low hp, some are just for speed perhaps. Having the gator be amphibious is a great start.

Archived