[Game Update] - Public Testing 549456

• Developer

Features

• Spaced Out! only
    • Added a variety of meteor showers to different asteroids. Shower frequency and intensity differ from base game versions. These changes will not affect existing saves.
      • Affected asteroids include:
        • Classic Style inner asteroids.
        • Spaced Out Style inner asteroids except for starting asteroids.
        • Moonlet cluster inner asteroids (including starting asteroids) except for the Flipped Asteroid.
        • Marshy Asteroid.
      • New meteor shower types found on certain asteroids
        • Oxylite Meteor Shower
        • Muck Meteor Shower
        • Bleach Stone Meteor Shower
        • Uranium Meteor Shower

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Updated Chinese localizations
    • Moved Blastshot Maker out of Rocketry category and into Stations.
    • Meteor Blaster
      • Meteor Blaster can no longer target meteors blocked by solid tiles.
      • Added range visualization.
      • Adjusted spent shell mass and temperature.
      • Updated projectile fx.
      • Meteor Blaster animation adjustments.
      • Added more sound to Meteor Blaster building and Blastshot explosion.
      • Improve no surface sight for Meteor Blaster and added a partially blocked status.
      • Added a storage meter.
    • Blueprints (cosmetic skins)
      • Updated open blueprint drop screen buttons and icons.
      • Added "All available blueprints claimed" state to the blueprint drop screen.
    • Ancient Specimen Story Trait
      • Excavating Ancient Specimen now appears in the sidescreen quest objective list UI.
      • Frozen/Amber/Petrified Fossils
        • Updated art.
        • Fossils now display quest information when selected
        • Fossils are no longer destroyed when excavated. 
        • Fossils are now demolishable after the story trait is complete.
        • Fossils now provide increased decor after being excavated.
      • Added entombed status item to entombed Fossil Fragments marked for digging.
      • Clicking a link in the quest sidescreen now selects the linked object.
      • Fossil Quarry is now demolishable after the story trait is completed.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Increased amount of meteors in the Ice and Iron showers on the Regolith Asteroid.

Fixes

• All versions
    • Fixed Auto-Sweepers not picking up seeds.
    • Fixed Duplicants getting stuck operating an Oil Well if it gets disabled mid task. 
    • Ancient Specimen Story Trait
      • Fixed bug causing  "awaiting excavation" status item to last longer than intended.
    • Meteor Blaster
      • Meteor Blaster turret can no longer rotate further than 180 degrees.
      • Fixed Blastshot projectile appearing in front of the Meteor Blaster's barrel.
      • Fixed last Blastshot from storage not being visible or selectable after firing.
      • Missing resources status item now only visible when Meteor Blaster storage is empty
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed Auto-Sweepers not picking up Interplanetary Payloads.
    • Fixed an issue preventing meteor showers from traveling on the starmap.
    • The question mark on unidentified meteor showers no longer rotates with the meteor shower.
    • Fixed a visual bug where identifying a meteor and then opening the star map for the first time would not update the meteor icon state.
    • Fixed a visual bug where meteor showers arriving at a world would stack on top of the world instead of disappearing.
    • Fixed an issue preventing Duplicants spawned using the sandbox Spawn Tool from triggering the “visited” state on a world.

View full update

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 4

38 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

Added range visualization.

Thanks, that is a great addition! But... is it supposed to look so... out of place? Bth I expected the same indicator as with all other area effects, the same as banshee has, snoring dupes and auto-sweepers

6 hours ago, JarrettM said:

New meteor shower types found on certain asteroids

• Oxylite Meteor Shower
  • Muck Meteor Shower
  • Bleach Stone Meteor Shower
  • Uranium Meteor Shower

Would this be a good opportunity to add a source of renewable abyssalite in the game for geotuning by adding an abyssalite meteor shower? Or maybe if you blast meteors inbound for a planet, there could be some shards of abyssalite raining down on that planet a bit later, when the meteor would have normally reached the planet (from the debris of the impact)? Or something like that.

Edited by NeoDeusMachina
  • Like 6
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

10 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Affected asteroids include:

• Marshy Asteroid.

Ho come on! The thing is already soo tiny. If I am to automate it the old fashion way, the old time scanner is out of question given how space consuming the damn thing is.

I "could" auto deliver some supplies for some meteor blasters here but they better be VERY reliable and not let a single meteor through.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gigamoi said:

Ho come on! The thing is already soo tiny.

There are new meteor showers, and some of them do not damage buildings nor spawn natural tiles. My guess is that those will appear on starting asteroids to trigger Rock Fan trait

• Like 2

Mhmm i got another idea. Make an option to set the Asteroid Damage next to the occurence setting. No Damage, Small, Normal, Strong. The Asteroid overwork looks already great ^^" and will make space better to conquer!

Little Explanation for the DMG Setting:
For some it's easier to start until they know the game better with the bunker Tiles and the Production needed or if you want a more relaxed time.

Edited by Sergadra

I'm not really a fan of meteor showers on the Marshy Asteroid.  It's already a tiny asteroid with limited resources.  At least we have the new Meteor Blaster.

Not to mention the angry tree has supposedly been hanging out there for a while.  Doesn't make sense for it to survive long term under meteor showers, which some might find immersion-breaking.

Hopefully Klei gives us difficulty options for this, if not there's always our wonderful modders.

With space POIs, I don't see the need for meteor showers at all. I've never enjoyed them as a game mechanic, and since SO!, I've always avoided the regolith world as much as possible. I can't imagine turning on a setting for -more- meteors, ever.

It would've made some sense to upgrade the regolith world's meteors with a high-value resource, or even a new one as part of a bigger update, since currently that world is kind of pointless. But otherwise, I've found dealing with meteors and bunker doors to be really tedious, and haven't missed it at all, so this update is a pretty big whiff for me.

Hope other people enjoy it though!

Bleach Stone Meteor seems to leave an oxygen trail, odd choice, I figure that would be a Chlorine trail. 
And there seems to be no "Muck Meteor" spawnable, was it perhaps the Slime Meteor that was meant by that?

I personally like the reintroduction of meteors in a more meaningful way, I think it was sorely missing from Spaced out. 

• Like 2

Exciting stuff, thanks for the great work Klei.

One thing I'd like to note is that with the recent trend of larger changes that do not apply to existing saves, it makes it harder to want to start a new game and invest time to enjoy the new content, since we don't know when the next big thing is coming. Is there any chance we could have new changes be backward compatible?

For now, AFAIK the Story Traits can be added later through sandbox mode, but does anyone know if there's a way to change world traits to add the meteors through some save edit functionality?