Winter's Feast is Here!

• Developer
2 hours ago, maeslay said:

Is woodie ment to have sleeves on his tank top?

also theres some overlapping issues with his boot idk if thats fixable tho 

Both will be fixed in the next hotfix. For future issues could you put them to the bug tracker for better visibility? https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CuKrO said:

why my heirloom skins gone ?!

Make sure to check your skin filters. Make sure weave-able skins aren't set to show only.

3 hours ago, themightyone said:

What's the actual gameplay changes for this ? Is it just Klaus loot sack appears every 20ish days ? 

Yeah, nothing new this year. 
But like previous years, bosses get new skins and Deerclops a new attack.

16 hours ago, -Variant said:

Apparently Pirate Stashes now have a max inventory of 20 slots, and delete their oldest items when something new is stored in them past the max amount now.
This wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, is this staying? 
This seems somewhat problematic as players can easily loose valuable items since Monkeys tend to pick up literally anything in their sight.
EDIT: This also seems to now instantly any sort of backpack too. Yes, Krampus sack too.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.62e097a9c06a517505ee729008aad96f.png

Pretty gnarly update on this... turns out it only holds 20 items flat.
Not stacks, each item counts as its own stack.
So realistically the stash can very easily delete its entire contents multiple time with how much monkeys steal idle items such as bird seeds and portal debris.

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 5

17 minutes ago, -Variant said:

So realistically the stash can very easily delete its entire contents multiple time with how much monkeys steal idle items such as bird seeds and portal debris.

Worse present this Winterfeast than coal from krampii. 

• Like 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

53 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I found some loot just outside of the stash's 'X', could it be possible that the items just start jumping out of the stash as more gets in there?

3 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

I found some loot just outside of the stash's 'X', could it be possible that the items just start jumping out of the stash as more gets in there?

As of my testing, no. That might be cause of something else, but I've done some extensive testing and gotten grim results. 
I made a report if you wish to check it and see what all is happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Milordo said:

during beta? Because I played with the pirate monkeys after the update was dropped

Many parts of that content were really good... well, at least on paper. At the same time few things were adjusted and others not, resulting in some hiccups.

Oh and btw, since on Halloween nights was cancelled the "high drop chances on trade", this 2022 Winter feast is regular or not?

8 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Many parts of that content were really good... well, at least on paper. At the same time few things were adjusted and others not, resulting in some hiccups.

This... doesn't save my view on the matter. If that's the case, if the pirate monkeys content was partially the same during beta, then it still remained flawed and down bad from the start. 

Edited by Milordo

13 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Maybe it's just preference? To me idea was really cool.

Don't take it wrong, I'm not against the idea and concept itself. I respect it if you like it and I find it cool the pirate theme (I even scream when I found on blind ...

Spoiler

the secret character, Wonkey. That reveal was amazing and I'm a sucker for these old things in videogames that almost nobody do not do anymore, let a multiplayer game too!

But we're talking on paper. Practice is different from theory and the execution was terrible. By my knoweldge and experience, Klei never lost the creativity. The only problem that they never master, it's just balance. On everything. And this, like all the ocean content, is a giant disappointment and delusion of the entire Dst history. They'll need 3 Qol of the same size to the one of Febraury to fix all the ocean now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milordo said:

during beta? Because I played with the pirate monkeys after the update was dropped

They were wonderful during the beta, bugs aside. They just needed a few balancing changes, nothing drastic. 
With time multiple updates and changes to them have made them far more annoying than they originally were though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Milordo said:

As if that content was good to start with, lol.

From my (disturbingly many) pub experiences, "Monke Pirate" sea Raids more-or-less killed sailing and elaborate boat-building/boat design, alongside any attempt at boat-bases. Ocean was sparsely engaged with even prior to "Curse of Moon Quay" update, but now you have solely 1-3 advanced players per 1k-2k in-game days Endless community server doing basically one trip to Moon Quay Isle, brute-force their way into burning all Pirate Huts and boats, walling-in Portal there, taking bps from Monkey Queen, uprooting all Banana Bushes plus Money Tails available and.. that's that. Aside, some will build disposable boats (platform with Lightning Rod + Firepit) towards Moon Archipelago for CC take-downs or dock-road. Le sad fin. While it introduced nice resources, Moon Quay update "nuked from orbit" ocean activities solely on premise their pirate mob engages in mugging - probably most despised action among all DST's mechanics - and makes personal boats looking like over-patched old pants from repeated ramming. Not even addressing the CK fight conundrum. This raids implementation was probably best example why KLei should never-even consider meme suggestions ("Hei, gaiz, wont be funzies if we got SW Prim Apu on boatz, az piratu, haha, monke piratu, looki herz, me draw piratu monku, plz Keli, add!") as valid routes to take in game-design.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

They were wonderful during the beta, bugs aside. They just needed a few balancing changes, nothing drastic. 
With time multiple updates and changes to them have made them far more annoying than they originally were though.

I'm going to inform how they were before. Pretty sad if they were fun and decent during beta, because now it's one of the most hated things together to all the ocent content, to my knowledge. 

By chance, did someone have a confirmation if the trade is boosted now that Winter feast is active?

45 minutes ago, Milordo said:

I'm going to inform how they were before. Pretty sad if they were fun and decent during beta, because now it's one of the most hated things together to all the ocent content, to my knowledge. 

No they were pretty bad before too. Spawning constantly, hammering chests, and less ways to combat them. Easily solvable issues but they for some reason munted their spawn rate to practically nothing or inconsistent in my opinion. At least they removed them from hammering chests and added a way to scare them off with just one cannon shot landed.

My only issue with them post beta was crappy spawning mechanics(Majorly luck based, my favourite!), but then they just went and added this crappy cap on the pirate stash too ? :/

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Hornete said:

My only issue with them post beta was crappy spawning mechanics(Majorly luck based, my favourite!), but then they just went and added this crappy cap on the pirate stash too ? :/

This pirate stash limit is dumb as hell. and needs to be removed. The monkeys spawn in a radius around the moon quay so it's easily avoidable. and i checked the wiki to make sure of this area thing but i also found this "If any of the monkeys finds a Banana as part of the raid they will take it and immediately leave." Come on people hound waves and depth worm waves are forced to happen how can monkey raid be the most hated thing in this game?

Edited by gamehun20
  • Like 2

no winter feast chest drop? i got a buttoned shirt instead of a chest

1 minute ago, gamehun20 said:

Come on people hound waves and depth worm waves are forced to happen how can monkey raid be the most hated thing in this game?

both waves were nerfed too so easy to know the reason... the only scenario to hate them is when CK spawn near their island but that is something klei should have force to dont happed in world gen and also is a problem with CK and how any eventuallity can ruin the fight (sharks and gnawails can spawn during the fight too)

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

no winter feast chest drop? i got a buttoned shirt instead of a chest

both waves were nerfed too so easy to know the reason... the only scenario to hate them is when CK spawn near their island but that is something klei should have force to dont happed in world gen and also is a problem with CK and how any eventuallity can ruin the fight (sharks and gnawails can spawn during the fight too)

well crab king is just bad all together. and i'm not sure in what way the waves got nerfed but every time i play with 3 other people we constantly get 6 or more depthworms in caves even if only person is there so it's completely impossible to kill them. and hound just scale weird like we get a varglet or 2 and 10 other regular or specialty hound.

26 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

well crab king is just bad all together. and i'm not sure in what way the waves got nerfed but every time i play with 3 other people we constantly get 6 or more depthworms in caves even if only person is there so it's completely impossible to kill them. and hound just scale weird like we get a varglet or 2 and 10 other regular or specialty hound.

they nerfed how often worms come which sucks for moggle refilling (and they keep having the bug that make them might not appear after the warning) and hounds were nerfed since they come waaay less often (true that before were annoying but also more dangerous because catch you on more situations/bosses) and they have less hounds per wave

I’m disappointed with this years WintersFeast, no new belongings, no new Twitch drop.. not even old Twitch drops being added to the Klei rewards page, Palmcone Trees can’t be put into festive planter and decorated, I’m not even sure if they added anything new this year at all besides a few character skins.. And with all the content added between last years & this years WF I was expecting something like trading with MoonQuay Queen to give cute little pirate hat/sword ornaments for your holiday trees.

But it is the holidays.. & Klei devs deserve their off-time, so I’ll wish everyone a happy holiday season, and hope for bigger changes (to the core game & the seasonal events) next year. :)