Community Challenge: Secret Maxwell Idle

On the dev stream for Maxwell's rework, the devs showed off a secret idle animation for Maxwell that plays in-game.

Can you figure out where in-game this idle animation plays (without looking at the code)?

Edit: I will give Sad Dupes for wrong answers, Potato Cup for the right one.

secret_maxwell_emote.gif.c80b278313d60301cb41d7f615f77e2b.gif

It is indeed as Anthony said, standing near the floating codex umbra causes the anim to play.

2 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Edit: I will give Sad Dupes for wrong answers, Potato Cup for the right one.

I demand justice! They didn't receive a potato cup!

Darn, that was one of my other guesses, but it wasn't high on the list. Does he have a different new idle animation then? It feels a little strange it's hidden behind the codex being on the ground now that that's rarely going to happen.

Also I wonder how it looks if he's wearing Wolfgang's buff muscles skirt skin from the Forge. Just straightening those gains, don't mind him

4 hours ago, Atkvin said:

Darn, that was one of my other guesses, but it wasn't high on the list. Does he have a different new idle animation then? It feels a little strange it's hidden behind the codex being on the ground now that that's rarely going to happen.

Also I wonder how it looks if he's wearing Wolfgang's buff muscles skirt skin from the Forge. Just straightening those gains, don't mind him

He actually has 2 normal idle animations. One is where he shows there's no cards up his sleeves and the other is where he shows that, but a card falls down to his shock which he tries to sneakily hide with his foot.

Archived