Be nice if we could repair the bone helm with fuel like the other ancient fuelweaver items

23 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The thing is though that it is viable as armor when combined with bone armor which comes with it as together it's a armor with techincally over 1000 hp of defense which is extremely high for armor while also allowing you to ignore sanity.

football helms are better damage reduction and cost almost nothing to make. I am pretty sure you guys aren't using the bone helm as armor, just as a never ending insanity amulet which isn't even that good since blue/red/purple gems are plenty. Eye mask uses food to repair and also has better damage reduction, from a very easy boss.

11 minutes ago, Krotux said:

football helms are better damage reduction and cost almost nothing to make. I am pretty sure you guys aren't using the bone helm as armor, just as a never ending insanity amulet. Eye mask uses food to repair and also has better damage reduction, from a very easy boss.

Yeah, exactly. If you want a repairable helmet just use the eye mask. 

59 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Yeah, exactly. If you want a repairable helmet just use the eye mask. 

Man i just want my endgame infinite insanity amulet to last longer. I dont wanna wear bone armor or get on a beefalo every time i use it. Its fine if you disagree on that, we caught that you disagreed the first AND second times. But honestly as far as “refuelable armor” id rather use the eye mask even if it was refuelable. Food is cheaper than nigjtmare fuel by a lot. And it could easily just restore 5-10% so its a weak repair.

its literally from 1 of the 2 final bosses in the game, i just feel like making it repairable isnt an odd ask

53 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

i just feel like making it repairable isnt an odd ask

I actually like it to be repairable, but it IS an odd ask.
Bone armor and bone latern are not "repair" but "refuel", as bone armor use shadow itself to block damage.
I dont see much logic when you repair bone. If you look carefully, every repair mechanic right now in the game have it own logic, and repair bone helm doesnt have much logic, as when bone break, they should remain broken (there are way for bone turn ot boneshards, but no other way around)

Repair clothing require sewing kit, that fair, and very logical.
Feeding living gears (eye mask and shield of terror) also fair, and feel logical.
Refuel bone armor as the bone armor it self doesnt block any damage, also feel fair, and somewhat logical to the game.

Without proper logic, i dont think repairable bone helm will fit to the game. Nightmare fuel is a FUEL, you can use them to refuel. Fossils, boneshards are unmalleable materials that easy to shatters, using them to repair themself is not logical

Also because bone helm has "helm" in it name, it work as other normal helmet is fair, and logical, which mean it will block damage, and break at certain point.

My thought on a logical way to repair everything (bone helm, beequeen crown, and all type of armor) is a time box that revert time anything put in it, and slowly recover durability of item inside. It should require multiple character to craft, and some unique items will appear when you put certain item (like fossil) that you can resurrect ancient race.

2 hours ago, Krotux said:

You can already use the bonehelm forever if you never go into combat with it. I just suggested this because I want to make it viable to use as armor

is already viable as armor

2 hours ago, Krotux said:

football helms are better damage reduction and cost almost nothing to make. I am pretty sure you guys aren't using the bone helm as armor, just as a never ending insanity amulet which isn't even that good since blue/red/purple gems are plenty. Eye mask uses food to repair and also has better damage reduction, from a very easy boss.

i use it as armor to fight CC.And with the new changes i will be using it more because the only thing that made me not using it as common armor was the danger of getting atacked by 6 shadows while im fighting something else

people just wanna forget about sanity in boss fights and unlock maxwell full power without extra effort

I don't think they'd do it just because it would be "op" since it's main use isn't meant to be armor kinda like the bee queen helm.

In theory it's an infinite nightmare amulet for the headslot "if you don't get hit" that also pacifies shadow creatures, the small damage reduction is just an added bonus for an endgame item.

If it could be refueled it wouldn't have any downside at all.

Plus you get it with bone armor which also has huge downside if you try to use it like any other armor since it only blocks one hit albeit it blocks all damage and stun.

The whole set promotes "perfect" dodging.

I don't think it really matters either way though since it sucks as armor you'll probably end up using a bodyarmor with a higher damage protection anyways and those aren't repairable and if you killed fuel weaver once why couldn't you just kill it again?

2 hours ago, Copyafriend said:

Man i just want my endgame infinite insanity amulet to last longer. I dont wanna wear bone armor or get on a beefalo every time i use it.

Have you considered using different body armors to further extend it's already massive hp till your next fuel weaver kill?

3 hours ago, Krotux said:

There's a reason however that people upgrade from a football helm when they're good enough however. For example a football helm is also cheaper than a thulcite helm but if given the choice people would always pick the thulecite helm over the football helm. To add to this after killing fuel weaver multiple times you'll have a lot of these high durability helms why not use them as armor? Just because the damage reduction is abit lower? So long as you aren't tanking it still provides more than enough protection in combat.

3 hours ago, Krotux said:

Eye mask uses food to repair and also has better damage reduction, from a very easy boss.

They also aren't all that special I mean you could very easily replace their fuction by making multiple football helms it's just a cheaper football helm.

32 minutes ago, Krotux said:

I feel like if I suggested for the CC to drop the enlightened crown many people would say its too OP, but then people either love it or say its not good enough for the effort lol

CC crown is grindy to maintain during a fight, the bonehelm doesnt need anything to be used, just dont face tank like a laggy wigfrid so it doesnt break

is really different

7 hours ago, Krotux said:

I feel like if I suggested for the CC to drop the enlightened crown many people would say its too OP, but then people either love it or say its not good enough for the effort lol

A better comparison would be you suggesting the crown loses its sanity requirement and drain on hit. 

On 11/26/2022 at 11:11 AM, Lokena said:

Um, I have a question, because it seems to me that I don't understand something. Why is everyone discussing the issue of nightmares attacks while wearing a bone helmet? The whole bone helmet thing, is what it, you know... DOESN'T LET the nightmares attack you while you're wearing it, unless you attack them first? And in very recent patches, Klei have specifically removed automatic attack nightmares when wearing a bone helmet using "f", you have to forcibly attack them with "ctrl+f" so that they start giving you trouble. And even if you do that, they will lose aggro on you after, like, 10 seconds, regardless of whether they bit you in that time interval or not. Yes, I checked and timed it. Even if you are an absolute noob and hit a nightmare by accident, can it really be that difficult to run away from it for 10 seconds and then calmly return to anything you did before that? So yeah, you CAN wear a bone helmet all the time, and nightmares, despite being visible, will not be able to damage you and distract you from the other battles until you specifically switch your attention to them. And that was the mechanics of this helmet for a very, very long time. The only innovation is the addition of a forced attack, because in the last beta, Maxwell's players accidentally hit nightmares when fighting with something else and that annoyed them. But it made nightmares passive for ages.

I think the point of there being durability is that there is at least a risk of losing it. Otherwise it really is just a freebee, in my opinion.

yes yes I know you can replace it. In that case why do we even have the sewing kit? Why not just kill every boss every time? Plus, even if you could repair it, it can still break like the eyemask/shield. I also never said how expensive it would be to repair. Could be 1 nightmare fuel for 1%, or 1 fossil for 10%.

53 minutes ago, Krotux said:

yes yes I know you can replace it. In that case why do we even have the sewing kit? Why not just kill every boss every time? Plus, even if you could repair it, it can still break like the eyemask/shield. I also never said how expensive it would be to repair. Could be 1 nightmare fuel for 1%, or 1 fossil for 10%.

The sewing kit is only usable on things that naturally degrade over time. It can't repair armor.

On 11/29/2022 at 5:58 PM, Cheggf said:

The sewing kit is only usable on things that naturally degrade over time. It can't repair armor.

yea I know. I just mean that the idea of not having to kill bosses over and over is already a thing.

The only things that work differently are the bee queen crown and the bone helm.

edit: dragonscale armor too, yet another item that no one uses. But at least here you can deconstruct it at low durability and rebuild it.

2 minutes ago, Krotux said:

yea I know. I just mean that the idea of not having to kill bosses over and over is already a thing.

The only things that work differently are the bee queen crown and the bone helm.

edit: dragonscale armor too, yet another item that no one uses. But at least here you can deconstruct it at low durability and rebuild it.

when everybody has their eyebrella the eyes goes for making hondious

scale mail has it uses but if nobody uses it is because the price is bigger than the benefit, thing that isnt the case with bq crown and bone helm

if the game is changed so we dont have to ever kill a boss making things infinity and shield of terror indestructible what is left? building? i dont want the game to become animal crossing after you defeat each boss which can be done in few seasons. Awful idea that killed valheim for me

all bosses are cheesable anyways. I have a bunch of rock lobsters at the atrium that will pile on the fuelweaver whenever I need a new helm. It doesn't mean I want to go there every 20 days on respawn to get a new helm lol

2 minutes ago, Krotux said:

all bosses are cheesable anyways. I have a bunch of rock lobsters at the atrium that will pile on the fuelweaver whenever I need a new helm. It doesn't mean I want to go there every 20 days on respawn to get a new helm lol

i guess you neither go chopping everytime you want wood...

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i guess you neither go chopping everytime you want wood...

..I don't? That's what bearger or reanimated skeleton is for lol

do you reset your world at day 20 everytime?

even before then I used shadow puppets

28 minutes ago, Krotux said:

..I don't? That's what bearger or reanimated skeleton is for lol

do you reset your world at day 20 everytime?

even before then I used shadow puppets

so you farm wood when you want wood. Then farm fw when you have his loot

the game is already giving you the option to get them without any effort

Archived