[Game Update] - 530962

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean if you don't like how the prison works with bosses you could just boss without it and just use your duelists.

if there's going to be a refresh that makes maxwell more obsolete than he already was, it's better not to have done it just change the numbers of old maxwell and done

is just not worth it not use the prision, because as i said merms are better than duellists, why take the time and effort to use them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Duelist can "tank" boses? Getting 2 shotted and needed to be resummoned isn't exactly "tanking"

Merms can also take like 2 or 3 hits without armor from bosses. AND THEY TAKE ALL THE AGGRO UNLIKE DUELISTS.

They also require more investment and can't be resummoned at will even worse when you consider changing shards.

3 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Teeny tiny amount of damage increase at cost of survivability cause again enemies prioritize Maxwell over Shadows and Shadow Prison breaks easily now. So armor pieces are necessary unless you are godlike at kiting.

Considering that they basically infinitely respawn it makes perfect sense they target Maxwell.

4 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I mean if Maxwell's army of shadows is comparable to Abigal in her weak state then yea they do need a buff lol.

Why?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, edulopes said:

if there's going to be a refresh that makes maxwell more obsolete than he already was, it's better not to have done it just change the numbers of old maxwell and done

How is he being made worse he's currently one of the best combat characters.

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

is just not worth it not use the prision, because as i said merms are better than duellists, why take the time and effort to use them?

Merms take far longer to setup while having less fuctions that Maxwell's minions as well as being more expensive.

8 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Duelist can "tank" boses? Getting 2 shotted and needed to be resummoned isn't exactly "tanking"

did you played maxwell?

9 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Teeny tiny amount of damage increase at cost of survivability cause again enemies prioritize Maxwell over Shadows and Shadow Prison breaks easily now. So armor pieces are necessary unless you are godlike at kiting.

allow me to introduce you body slot armor

9 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

I mean if Maxwell's army of shadows is comparable to Abigal in her weak state then yea they do need a buff lol.

was the opposite. Wendy only has sanity and abigail as perks and abi needs few days to grow in power  Meanwhile max has several perks plus better followers at start and overall

11 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Like i said 30 base damage won't hurt and will make his Duelists less pathetic now after his other OP aspects that synergized too well with his Duelists has been nerf-stomped to the ground.

i dont see the point, looks like "i just want moaar" but ok, is your oppinion

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

How is he being made worse he's currently one of the best combat characters.

well this nerf to the prision shakes this argument for me, because that was the only motive that he was relevant

on bosses at least

6 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Players when they bring 60 merms to the boss fight to shred and compare it to having 5 shadows.

30 can solo bee queen with no sweat, after that figth they can figth deer clops and come on top

Considering that they basically infinitely respawn it makes perfect sense they target Maxwell.

Maxwell has less HP than a fruit fly and his "infiniteley respawning" do tickle base damage unless you wear eitther gear that doesn't protect you at all or endgame / ruins gear. And require participation in combat.

He is extremely weak against bosses now after his CC and Aggro nerfs. He's like a weaker Wendy now in that regard.

• Like 1

Any time I see people bring merm guards to any boss fight with AoE their main goal is to shred through the boss as fast as possible before all their merms die.

Which involves over preparing as many merms as your system/server can handle and just melting bosses before your servants die.

The approach is different with Maxwell.

4 minutes ago, edulopes said:

well this nerf to the prision shakes this argument for me, because that was the only motive that he was relevant

on bosses at least

30 can solo bee queen with no sweat, after that figth they can figth deer clops and come on top

How is bee queen an AoE boss lol?

for an example i was figthing the twins, but i could not finish in the day, so the fast charger twin spawned, i was using maxwell top gear, because of the shadows i was killed middle animation of casting the shadow walls ( i was using bone helm+bone armor, but one pepper hit me wasting the armour)
because of their agrro om maxwell after the first slash the eye focused on me not the other player, couting that i normally play with 1 player alongside me, wurt is better because the can once invested once kill almost all bosses or even cause an dent on them, and more infinite food farm, maxwell cant even use the loyal merms because shadow prision is considerated damage. so if i prision my loyal merms( using the mask) they aggro on me

6 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Maxwell has less HP than a fruit fly and his "infiniteley respawning" do tickle base damage unless you wear eitther gear that doesn't protect you at all or endgame / ruins gear. And require participation in combat.

He is extremely weak against bosses now after his CC and Aggro nerfs. He's like a weaker Wendy now in that regard.

So 4 to 6 minions doing 20 damage is tickle damage?

Does shadow armor count as armor that doesn't protect you or end game gear?

I'm sure Maxwell players are just running around with no armor and getting one shot.

So the duelists are doing 0 damage?

Edited by Mysterious box

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

allow me to introduce you body slot armor

allow me to introduce you durability and inventory space.

Ever tried using helmet + armor vs just armor or just helmet?

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Meanwhile max has several perks plus better followers at start and overall

They aren't "followers" tho. Since they don't follow you. Also Abigail does better job at tanking bosses (granted she needs elixirs) but you compared Maxwell's shadows with Abby in her weak state which she is borderline useless in that state. 

So if several Maxwell shadows are as bad as weak Abby then what kind of point you tried to make?

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

How is bee queen an AoE boss lol?

they get damaged, and some die, even after that they can kill a deer clops, that was my last experience using them one day before this beta, but i used to use them to solo all the bosses, but yeah i got real numbers

i normally dont like to use neither deerclops, bearger and moose/goose to thease arguments because i just think they are baby bosses, but most people do, so why not

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

they get damaged, and some die, even after that they can kill a deer clops, that was my last experience using them one day before this beta, but i used to use them to solo all the bosses, but yeah i got real numbers

Bee queen isn't gonna do a lot of damage to groups that is expected.

Deerclops is a beginner level boss with directional AoE so aside from just getting shredded too it's not like he's dealing that much damage to the whole either.

You could have gotten a beefalo to use, use regular nightmare armor, cheese the twins or use the separation tactic, wore a helmet with better protection than 70%, avoided the peeper, played safer, etc.

How is that the fault of Maxwell and not yours?

And if wurt is so much better than Maxwell once she has all her toys setup than Maxwell is much better than wurt before she gets all set up.

Edited by Cloakingsumo198

So 4 to 6 minions doing 20 damage is tickle damage?

Pretty much. They are basically like slower attack rate spiders that can't even take aggro off of you.

Ok vs common mobs ,  very weak vs things like raid bosses

Edited by ALCRD
  • Haha 1

as i always say, remove the magic tier damage 
or make shadows tankier ( as they were so the prision dont matter that much)
or revert the prision

that way figths take less time, then prisions turn in to an less nuisance to use

1 minute ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

dealing that much damage to the whole either.

dont forget the freeze

Just now, ALCRD said:

allow me to introduce you durability and inventory space.

Ever tried using helmet + armor vs just armor or just helmet?

if you are worried about inventory use just 1 piece of armor. Also you end up fights quickly cuz duelists ;)

1 minute ago, ALCRD said:

They aren't "followers" tho. Since they don't follow you. Also Abigail does better job at tanking bosses (granted she needs elixirs) but you compared Maxwell's shadows with Abby in hear weak state which she is borderline useless in that state. 

So if several Maxwell shadows are as bad as weak Abby then what kind of point you tried to make?

i think you miss understood my answer, never said they are like aby at level 1 but whatever

btw, abi tanking is really bad because get mob damage (some bosses deal +250 damage to her) and if you want to heal her you need to waste more time (farming mourning glory) than resummoning duelist at the cost of 5x1NF with limitation on damage taken

also, again, wendy only has abi while max also has the best gathering perks, crowd control, extra inventory linked to other chests... lets make him a mod character at this point

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Pretty much. They are basically like slower attack rate spiders that can't even take aggro off of you.

Ok vs common mobs ,  very weak vs things like raid bosses

So we're going up against raid bosses without any equipment tiers and it's bad that it's low in that that specific scenario? Why?