[Game Update] - 530886

You better have a force inspect tip in the loading menu if you dont already. When I was new to the game I was in love with characters quotes, but didn't knew you could examine everything until going to the wiki half a year later. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LeafyFly said:

Wolfgang can throw his dumbbell while mounted. :sad:

That's actually such an annoying mechanic. I've accidentally tossed my expensive gembell multiple times already because when you right-click your beefalo to dismount, it tosses your dumbbell instead. This makes it very impractical to hold your dumbbell while riding to a boss or something and preserve mightiness. It's still possible, you just always need to remember to manually unequip your dumbbell (and again, not by right-clicking as you would intuitively do).

2 hours ago, EighteenXVIII said:

That's actually such an annoying mechanic. I've accidentally tossed my expensive gembell multiple times already because when you right-click your beefalo to dismount, it tosses your dumbbell instead. This makes it very impractical to hold your dumbbell while riding to a boss or something and preserve mightiness. It's still possible, you just always need to remember to manually unequip your dumbbell (and again, not by right-clicking as you would intuitively do).

The most annoying thing is I toss my dumbbell when I try to dismount. And then when I try to mount, I toss it again. :wilson_livid:

8 hours ago, V2C said:

Shadow Servants will no longer try to give you items while you are in combat.

Great change. I was always worried that they were gonna get me hit by blocking me. Thankfully they've been taught to stop trying to team kill me before they were able to succeed.

• Like 1

I would also like it if the servants were not afraid of shadow creatures. I think that klei has made it clear that they aren’t going to buff the fuelweaver gear though, which is unfortunate IMO because it’s one of the final bosses, I think the armor should be buffed by at least 5 damage and the thurible by 10. But it’s fine, you can still make it will the current setup so I can’t complain. Either way, I hope they make some more of these qol changes in the future. :)

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Just-guy said:

Don't know how it could it be implemented. Out of the beta it works as a crafting station for the minions and every crafting station has some sort animation when you're close; now it works similar to DS, summoning the shadows directly from the Codex.

yeah but a lot of people want this animation back and I dont see nothing wrong here because abigail flowers float when wendy are near and this is not a crafting station so there is no problem with giving us back the floating codex without codex beeing a crafting station o__o also klei said they will add it at the end of the beta so i hope we will see it in reworked maxwell 

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

I still think that the concept of Shadow Prison should be removed from the game entirely as it simply eliminates the mechanics of raid bosses that makes them a challenge in the first place.  

Edited by LDee
  • Haha 2

I still find the codex spells to be shockingly cheap. 

Cheapest and best gathering, 

cheapest minions that arent basic spiders, and r comparable to loyal merm guards

cheapest and best crowd control the game has ever seen

a cheap spell to gather nightmare fuel from basic rabbits with ease to fuel ur cheap spells. 

And to top it off, an innate tamoshanter to recover the tiny sanity costs from the spells for free. 

— 

All the spells except sneak should have their codex durability costs at least doubled to 10%. 

Sneak gives easy way to farm fuel with no risk, the fuel costs of his other spells can stand to be increased.. 

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

7 minutes ago, Ohan said:

cheapest minions that arent basic spiders, and r comparable to loyal merm guards

a cheap spell to gather nightmare fuel from basic rabbits with ease to fuel ur cheap spells. 

And to top it off, an innate tamoshanter to recover the tiny sanity costs from the spells for free. 

— 

All the spells except sneak should have their codex durability costs at least doubled to 10%. 

Sneak gives easy way to farm fuel with no risk, the fuel costs of his other spells can stand to be increased.. 

Kinda hard not to agree even when he spawns in he starts with enough resources to cast 100 spells assuming you actively avoid getting fuel as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ohan said:

— 

Suspicious input from the one that spent the whole Wickerbottom rework saying that people that don't main the character shouldn't be trying to nerf the character and should be listening to the actual Wickerbottom mains like you instead.  I am confused - are you also a Maxwell main?  Otherwise let's give the Maxwell mains the floor as you suggested.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Kinda hard not to agree even when he spawns in he starts with enough resources to cast 100 spells assuming you actively avoid getting fuel as well.

Exactly, i even forgot to mention the free fuel he spawns with.

This should seriously be reconsidered now that each minion does not cost 2 fuel and the codex he spawns with already contains 4 fuel… 

i really dont understand these crazy cheap costs fresh off of wicker’s refresh where the most borderline useless and underwhelming spells cost more than double of what the codex spells cost with a whole bunch of other restrictions on top as well. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Exactly, i even forgot to mention the free fuel he spawns with.

This should seriously be reconsidered now that each minion does not cost 2 fuel and the codex he spawns with already contains 4 fuel… 

i really dont understand these crazy cheap costs fresh off of wicker’s refresh where the most borderline useless and underwhelming spells cost more than double of what the codex spells cost with a whole bunch of other restrictions on top as well. 

Dude, wicker has practically no downside, what are you talking about, it has a bookshelf that regenerates all the books. 
She can eat to regain sanity while Maxwell's minions cost max sanity and are impossible to regain without the minions being dead.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Dude, wicker has practically no downside

She spawns shadows when her 33-50 cost spells are unaffordable. Maxwell does not spawn shadows when his 15 cost spells are unaffordable, despite his natural regeneration and immunity to equipment's drain. Bringing up downsides is another area where Maxwell seems to get special treatment.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Koomin said:

Suspicious input from the one that spent the whole Wickerbottom rework saying that people that don't main the character shouldn't be trying to nerf the character and should be listening to the actual Wickerbottom mains like you instead.  I am confused - are you also a Maxwell main?  Otherwise let's give the Maxwell mains the floor as you suggested.

HAHA, 

Exactly this kind of person who showed up here after the duelists had some relevance, asking for nerfing in every possible way...

I will beg you again, KLEI please... make the aggro go to the duelists and not to Maxwell...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LDee said:

I still think that the concept of Shadow Prison should be removed from the game entirely as it simply eliminates the mechanics of raid bosses that makes them a challenge in the first place.  

Not removed, but maybe become less available to use.
i think its a great fun when existence of certain characters can change an encounter or obstacle entirely by allowing the team to cheese through their mechanics but only as long as there are other certain drawbacks to this power (for example things like how wormwood can eat harmful foods, but only because he cant gain health from healthy foods either).
they either need to make the cage break whenever the enemy inside the cage takes damage or they need to add a cooldown to the cage spell (or atleast increase the sanity and fuel cost of the cage), or maybe even reduce the duration of the spell whenever its casted on bosses (from 20 seconds to something like 5-6 seconds).

The only problem with the current cage is that it can be spammed on the bosses to permanently lock them in place if maxwell has already farmed some nightmare fuel before the fight (which is arguably very easy to do).

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Bringing up downsides is another area where Maxwell seems to get special treatment.

So you want to talk about Downside and Upside right?

Let's discuss it then...

Maxwell has 75 HP(downside), but recovers sanity quickly(upside)

BUT, he needs to use all his maximum sanity in exchange for power (recovering sanity quickly has no effect here, so this removes the upside)

2 downsides, 1 upside.

Depending on the RNG, by using max sanity and not being able to recover with food, nightmares start chasing you, you can only raise sanity if your duelists die.

3 downsides, 1 upside

You need to use only the specific equipment (downside) so your duelists are not useless.

4 downsides, 1 upside

You need to engage in the fight and be close enough to give your duelists damage and attack speed (downside)

5 downsides, 1 upside

Aggro goes directly to you and not to your duelists at most times (downside)

6 downsides, 1 upside

I'll stop here, I'm bored.

Now what's the downside of Wicker, she only eats fresh food and can't sleep?

She is the most complete character in the game.

over 15+ books and still complain about the codex? This is very funny

37 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Have you played the rework? The aggro does go to the duelists.

Now test this with Abigail and Wicker bees, If you go to the caves you will get headshot easily from the bishops.

Edited by SullyD
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Let's discuss it then...

Now what's the downside of Wicker, he only eats fresh food and can't sleep?

Now test this with Abigail and Wicker bees, If you go to the caves you will get headshot easily from the bishops.

most of them arent even downsides and that video... is your fault not maxwell minions

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

most of them arent even downsides and that video... is your fault not maxwell minions

They are not downsides? HAHAHAHAHA of course not...

This rework forces Maxwell to play on his downsides.

You must be joking or you are a troll, the video shows that the aggro goes to Maxwell even though the duelists hit first, get it?

1 hour ago, Koomin said:

I was going to point this comical tidbit out but you have already.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Let's discuss it then...

Now what's the downside of Wicker, he only eats fresh food and can't sleep?

So you stood at point blank while casting, casted till you were intentionally insane, and used no cc abilities seems legit.

3 minutes ago, SullyD said:

They are not downsides? HAHAHAHAHA of course not...

This rework forces Maxwell to play on his downsides.

You must be joking or you are a troll, the video shows that the aggro goes to Maxwell even though the duelists hit first, get it?

Idk Maxwell is starting to seem superior to even Wolfgang in my eyes implying he's not strong really does come off as trolling at this point.