[Game Update] - 530195

5 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

He's pretty neat! Good to find some common ground in these turbulent times :) 

i didnt want to be so turbulent really, i now that probably most of people think i am abnoxious, but i am just justifiyng my point and telling on why i dont think their point of view is rigth, at the end i aint some ruller and we are an democracy, so i think i must give my all to show all the problems with max for me

Just now, MadMatt said:

In a sense but the lump sum is undeniably large. Woodie and Maxwell atleast have some time of dominance before the Merms get florting, and don't have to rely on long respawn timers when they die in Maxwell's case.

it is only an problem in winter they respawn so quickly

• Like 1

Just now, edulopes said:

i didnt want to be so turbulent really, i now that probably most of people think i am abnoxious, but i am just justifiyng my point and telling on why i dont think their point of view is rigth, at the end i aint some ruller and we are an democracy, so i think i must give my all to show all the problems with max for me

Very fair, I've held the same attitude in the opposite direction lately, how are the devs gonna hear ya if you don't raise your voice a bit, eh?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, edulopes said:

can i ask what is your main?

Honestly I've had mains in the past but at this point I play a lot of different characters so I'm not really sure the really appiles to me but Maxwell is going to be added to my pool of frequently played characters it would probably be easier to go into characters i don't really play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Honestly i'm the opposite, I find Beaver too much of a hassle to use compared to Moose. Sure you save time but that sanity cost is annoying as hell before you get a Tam and it doesn't give you something Woodie can achieve on his own since he has his axe and superior chopping. Moose atleast gives you 90% armor without going to ruins and a fantastic hoard option to farm spiders, fight hounds, and kill frogs which you otherwise would struggle much more without. 

I exclusively play pubs so I never get to experience the lunar event. Maybe I should look up how to actually do it one of these days to see if it's as painful as everyone says it is :o 

hahaha, thats cool to read, woodie is good for those, my tree guard spawn sometimes are too much for what i need them 
every day you will transform... so dont even eat to full or will have to go to caves at start

1 minute ago, MadMatt said:

how are the devs gonna hear ya if you don't raise your voice a bit, eh?

yeah <3

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

He's pretty neat! Good to find some common ground in these turbulent times :) 

You see? We play with the characters not because they are OP but because we love them, but it was obvious that some people are jealous of Maxwell and want to nerf him, people who are selfish, and most of these people have never played Maxwell for more than 15 minutes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Honestly I've had mains in the past but at this point I play a lot of different characters so I'm not really sure the really appiles to me but Maxwell is going to be added to my pool of frequently played characters it would probably be easier to go into characters i don't really play.

hmmm yeah i like to play some caracter fixed (change of pace) for some time, but maxwell was always my main but not for bossing
i didint quite understand if you will add or not but for me that is important, if you will use yeah i can undertand why you want nerf or buffs, but otherwise is strange in my eyes

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kappachinos296 said:

Wanda and Wolfgang have always been way too over tuned. Instead of buffing other characters to match them they should get nerfed instead since they shouldn’t have all that power to begin with imo.

Honestly I'm not sure about this while Wanda would still be alright if you toned down her damage and increased her old age range when you compare Wolfgang to the current cast's abilities without his current damage he would probably feel very lacking.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Honestly I'm not sure about this while Wanda would still be alright if you toned down her damage and increased her old age range when you compare Wolfgang to the current cast's abilities without his current damage he would probably feel very lacking.

talking about that wortox that for many players was cosidarated as OP, took some buffs last patch so is strange what is strong or weak in the end

My grain of sand:

-Maxwell seems to have his own playstyle and sure, he is inferior to other characters that excel on almost everything he can do like Wendy in terms of fighting alongside her summon, or Wanda on terms of damage scalability, but he has like his own thing where he stands between a summoner and a fighter and remains different to the rest.

-I like how the update is going, like, all of it: the spells, a dynamic chester, extended inventory, less sanity drain from shadow gear, a more useful top hat; I'm actually going to play as the character now, it fits my playstyle.

-Duelists are very cheap tho, they consume a 0.20 nightmare fuel per summon and even if nightmare fuel isn't very common on early game you can summon 20 duelists on day 1 and get more fuel with the trap spell, so they should be more expensive, not weaker. Aside from that, I like how things are now, the gear buffs are so dynamic I can just play it however I want, not all bosses can be fought the same way anyway.

Edited by DelroyBM
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, edulopes said:

talking about that wortox that for many players was cosidarated as OP, took some buffs last patch so is strange what is strong or weak in the end

Wortox isn't really a strong character in my opinion healing food almost always better than his souls for healing more and in higher stacks and building up his souls can be time consuming the reason he got buffed was because honestly he falls off hard past the early game and his biggest upside was being able to heal groups of people and wormwoods.

1 minute ago, DelroyBM said:

My grain of sand:

-I like how the update is going, like, all of it: the spells, a dynamic chester, extended inventory, less sanity drain from shadow gear, a more useful top hat; I'm actually going to play as the character now, it fits my playstyle.
-Duelists are very cheap tho, they consume a 0.20 nightmare fuel per summon and even if nightmare fuel isn't very common on early game you can summon 20 duelists on day 1 and get more fuel with the trap spell, so they should be more expensive, not weaker. Aside from that, I like how things are now, the gear buffs are so dynamic I can just play it however I want, not all bosses can be fought the same way anyway.

Also something nice is they made nightmare fuel more accessible for more casual maxwell players by allowing him to combine shadow sneak and prison together against rabbits for easy nightmare fuel so 2/5 of a nightmare fuel to get 3/5 of it a nightmare fuel and that assuming you only do 1 rabbit at a time.

• Like 3

Haha, I personally dislike the tier system, (in addition to being less obvious as a mechanic) I like having my own choice of equipment or lack thereof. It also doesn't seem to be very rewarding to bother with honestly - more of an incidental bonus than something to try for. Definitely wouldn't mind if it got scrapped and returned to a higher floor and lower celling version of the duelists :p

I also don't think the duelists needed the extra shield versus AOE attacks, it seemed like a fine weakness to have for how cheap it was to spam them

I do very much appreciate the worker changes going on in this refresh though, a massive improvement from before :D 

• Like 1

Is it a nice idea that let duelists get a persistent damage-up buff when Maxwell is using shadow thurible? And then we could switch to dark sword, feel like exchanging whips in Terraria.

2 minutes ago, 92ea7WAI7e_ said:

Is it a nice idea that let duelists get a persistent damage-up buff when Maxwell is using shadow thurible? And then we could switch to dark sword, feel like exchanging whips in Terraria.

because nobody would keep using shadow thurible during any fight, even with ancient fuelweaver.

4 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

是的,我同意。如果装备不同、暗影装备和 FW 不同,那就太棒了。

I think of a serious problem

Thulium mine equipment and skeleton equipment may not be much better than shadow equipment, or they should have the same increase effect but have shortcomings in other aspects (such as magic hat without defense) as alternatives

Otherwise, if Maxwell is a character who will steal other people's advanced equipment in the game, will he be labeled with some discrimination?

3 hours ago, edulopes said:

我有4种方法,

-还原 -
使每个人都能够配备 -
使暗影影响 -
决定决斗者作为第一个或更多的暗影作为他们的权力

但其实只适用于麦克斯的武器,但只适用于麦克斯

这些提到骨盔的成本有多大
,甚至没有一些人因为他们农场没有人拒绝工作,所以我认为我的生物在当时是最好
的,我的帖子上说了

That's a great idea

In fact, equipment should not be divided into different levels, because they already have strength gaps

I don't want a Maxwell to come in when playing in the server and steal the thulium mine equipment and bone armor at home

The night light as a weapon can also encourage Maxwell to participate in the fight

Edited by whiteking
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

I appreciate the detection improvements; definitely noticeable in the consistent attack rate of duelists. I am curious though, is there any situation where swinging with a thurible will be more effective than swinging with a dark sword? The difference in minion damage is like 8 points, meanwhile Maxwell is sacrificing about 108 damage/second by opting for a thurible.

Hi Jazzy, glad you mentioned it, I tried to compare swinging with thurible and dark sword, the difference is like 100 damage per second which is quite a difference! 
Hope Devs can take a look on it, perhaps buff shadow thurible's damage / give buff aura to Duelist? 

but anyway, even if thurible's damage stays the same (10 dmg), we can use Thurible in minion-oriented fight (only use Duelist to fight) or use Dark Sword in close-up fight (Maxwell attack the enemy also) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, edulopes said:

我喜欢woodie,在maxwell推出之前是我的主力,我在重做figthing后用了一段时间,但因为一些原因把他扔给了wanda

但 wurt 让麦克斯韦和伍迪都黯然失色……

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Not necessarily

If you want, you can make Maxwell wear the fishman mask, and then summon four puppets who use shovels to cut down trees

• Like 1

Those who don't play maxwell, what are they talking about? Only one thing, Nerf.

They don't play maxwell at all, and they don't want to see maxwell get stronger.

My opinion is that maxwell needs to reach a powerful level and balance something, If you do not like klei rework characters, or even like some people feel that there is no need to rework, get out.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jorsef said:

Those who don't play maxwell, what are they talking about? Only one thing, Nerf.

They don't play maxwell at all, and they don't want to see maxwell get stronger.

Can't speak for others but:

I do not advocate nerfs. If anything, I think some of the shadow gear (namely thurible & bone helm) should be buffed to justify using them. 

What I do advocate is not reverting changes. Every nerf that has occurred happened for a reason, and have had buffs to compensate. I am of the opinion that every one of these updates was better than the last, and going back on that would be a shame.

Edited by Arcwell
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

I can't speak for others but:

I do not advocate nerfs. what I do advocate is not reverting changes. Every nerf that has occurred happened for a reason, and have had buffs to compensate. I am of the opinion that every one of these updates was better than the last, and going back on that would be a shame.

Yeah, You know who I'm talking about, I can see klei trying to make maxwell better, but some guys don't want to see that. If there is a problem after the update I will say that, but those guys will think it is my problem. Because they don't even play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I personally think the previous update was already good enough, though I don't mind the addition of tiered gears. I'm surprised the devs decided to make further changes as it seems majority of the people were satisfied last update except for a few, and now it feels like there is more outrage XD. Having his max potential locked behind end game gears I think is fine since the mid tiers are already decent enough. I still think the duelists are already good and not too strong as some people say in their current situation. The idea of haing strong duelists with the thurible at the cost of not attacking yourself, vs having stronger overall DPS with a dark sword but riskier seems like an interesting concept and flexible for people to choose their own playstyle. Contrary to popular belief, knowing how to press F and walk backwards isn't the only way to be "good in combat" in this game, that's why diff characters have different kits. I hope we don't get stuck on updating the duelists over and over again. I hope we start looking at more other stuff for this update such as other mechanics that can be implemented to Maxwell, or improvements on other non-Maxwell related stuff.

I think the shadow chester mechanic deserves another look. Seems some players hate the idea of their items being stolen, while some like me love the idea of sharing a "backpack" with a friend. So maybe we can have a middle ground? Probably add a new chester transformation and leaving shadow chester as it normally was. This new transformation needs a Maxwell to make the transformation, this way the Maxwell player gets to choose if he/she wants to share their storage or not. Maybe make it look like a chester wearing a tophat, or a beardlord looking chester? XD

Edited by BB Marioni
  • Like 1

My only set of complaints are regarding the duelists. As it stands now, there are three edits I highly suggest making.

1) Have it so the Shadow Duelists last longer or increase the range it takes before they're forced to despawn. As it stands now, standing about a screen away from their post for more than ten seconds will despawn them if they aren't battling.

2) Have it so the mobs don't automatically aggro on Maxwell when the duelists attack them. I can imagine many people will get eventually annoyed with this especially when in a position of battling shadow creatures. Either the change gets reversed or #3 below could work.

3) Include a Shadow Bodyguard spell. Even if on a timer, having the option of summon guards to follow and protect you was a cozy feature in the previous Maxwell. In terms of how to balance it, one idea would be to have two at a time (while you can spawn four other servant/duelist puppets) and/or give them a 33% damage penalty. But these ones could play defensively (like before the beta) and have the ability to draw in aggro from non-shadow mobs (similar to Willow's Bernie). They could be given spears to distinguish a sort of hunter/protector look.

I'm neutral on the damage scaling with different shadow gear types but I would be careful about giving Maxwell players an excuse to monopolize bone gear.

Other than that, I like the beta updates.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thundario Watt said:

Hi Jazzy, glad you mentioned it, I tried to compare swinging with thurible and dark sword, the difference is like 100 damage per second which is quite a difference! 
Hope Devs can take a look on it, perhaps buff shadow thurible's damage / give buff aura to Duelist? 

but anyway, even if thurible's damage stays the same (10 dmg), we can use Thurible in minion-oriented fight (only use Duelist to fight) or use Dark Sword in close-up fight (Maxwell attack the enemy also) 

Wow, I expected a disparity but that is massive.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Thundario Watt said:

using a beefalo with the thurible is probably the better call for now but maybe they should raise the minion's attack speed abit more with the thurible.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1