Celestial Champion Should Drop A Static

As someone who has had to fight a plethora of CC's it would be nice to decrease the farming amount needed for each fight by having the CC drop a static upon the first time you kill it. That way it's 3 for the first time, and then any repetitions would only require 2 more to be gathered. If you think about that it makes 21 Statics that would only be 7 CC, turn into 10 and a half. Just seems like a nice little QOL change that would really help big mega basers like me who want to light up the base!

4 hours ago, BeeClops said:

yeah I think even 2 statics is too much after the first fight but it would definitely be an improvement from 3. 

1 sounds pretty bad for me. Would take more time to activate the moonstorm than gathering the static... maybe is because i enjoy the event but i don't think the price should be changed that much

As a person who has collected the materials to complete this fight more than 100 times, I usually collect enough gleams and infused shards for one fight after about 2 statics if I am multitasking at full capacity (not to mention gleams spawning more frequently with more players around and additional players reduce the multitasking load), so it definitely would feel a lot better getting 2 instead of 3 after the first fight. If anything, it makes the momentum of gathering materials more consistent and less tedious. Whenever I do it with a group of people, we always have all the other resources before the statics complete so that is when the complaining usually starts.

To me... there should be a sort of upgraded version of that Incomplete Experiment that Wagstaff gives us that can be made from a blueprint of the upgraded Celestial Orb only, so again it's a structure you could only place on the Mysterious Energy and after you've got the champion, so Moon Storm would be required anyway, but this version of the structure shouldn't require more than a single Restrained Static if any, the rest could go heavy but fair in the materials as it would be mostly to grind lights : using in the immediate recipe the tons of basic Moon Shards you get from it cause what are you gonna do with it anyway (*cough*), and then the construction side part could be in a single step and just require the infused shard we got from the fight, the orb and that single Static. This would save h-o-u-r-s.

15 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

1 sounds pretty bad for me. Would take more time to activate the moonstorm than gathering the static... maybe is because i enjoy the event but i don't think the price should be changed that much

how would it take more time to activate the moonstorm? You just move the stuff back where it was and it starts again, it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes :D Perhaps you misunderstood, I think 3 is fine for the first fight, but after that I feel like it's really unnecessary to do it more than once per CC fight. I don't mind doing it in general but it gets extremely repetitive if you plan to kill a few CC's in a row. 

i would like if there was some way to put cc on a cooldown after you kill it for the first time. You could do the minigame to do back to back fights but i would like having the option to do anything else for 20 days and come back to fight cc with no fuss. Not sure how this would be implemented but i think its a decent compromise for people who want repeat fights.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Wagstaff quest is the worst thing about this game in terms of design. It's Klei's "GTA San Andreas Zero (character) Missions" moment. Repeating the same thing THREE times to repeat the boss is just HORRIBLE and the complete opposite of fun. :wilson_hurt:

Archived