Jump over water gap QoL request

I wouldn't like that because I'd find it annoying if going near a land border that's near another land border would make me auto-jump between them.

Only way I would be fine with this is if it could be disabled in worldgen or they added an actual jump action button which allows the player to preform a real jump action to allow moving over borders or even jumping over stuff.

But ya, I wouldn't like auto-embark mechanic of boats to be applied to land borders

YES PLEASE, How much time we will suffer until Klei will implement this? :frown-new: :frown-new: :frown-new:

11 minutes ago, . . . said:

I wouldn't like that because I'd find it annoying if going near a land border that's near another land border would make me auto-jump between them.

Only way I would be fine with this is if it could be disabled in worldgen or they added an actual jump action button which allows the player to preform a real jump action to allow moving over borders or even jumping over stuff.

But ya, I wouldn't like auto-embark mechanic of boats to be applied to land borders

As you said, just the option with a button and you don't have anymore that problem. It would heavily help on the boat too for the same reasons.

7 hours ago, . . . said:

If they added a jump mechanic like this they might as well rework many of the games mobs and bosses to interact with said new jump mechanic..

Think of the Solomon Grundy or Ra’s Al Ghul Boss fights from the Arkham games, or MANY of the fights in the game “It Takes Two”

I will be extremely disappointed if they add a “Jump” button that only works when two land masses are close enough to each other to Auto-perform the leap.

8 hours ago, . . . said:

The jump could be double or triple tap or anything QoL

39 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

Wouldn't that break the ruins hole thingies?

It shouldn't apply to those.

I don't think there is enough space for a player to stand there either, tho. Haven't tested it.

17 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

idk, maybe it will make sense but things like grass boats, docks and lazy explorer will lose some of their main uses

Those items will still be valuable regardless.

There aren't many situations where a jump is possible.

6 hours ago, BezKa said:

animal-crossing-animal-crossing-new-horizons.gif.5e27b70de63a648ff03713d21cf40e66.gif

Walking cane needs an upgraded variation other than lazy explorer like this.

Maybe call it Lazier Explorer.

(Pivot point should be on land or land edge tho, not in water. River depth is unknown)

9 hours ago, BezKa said:

animal-crossing-animal-crossing-new-horizons.gif.5e27b70de63a648ff03713d21cf40e66.gif

Sometime awhile back ago people had suggested that they wanted to see elevated platforms of land in DST, if a feature like this was to be added then would it also account for gaps land without water in between them?

Perhaps for example- two elevated mountain sides.

Then if such a “Jump” is added: Does it require an item with a durability that wears out when used? Do players have a stamina bar on how many times they can “jump” before needing to rest? Can bosses and enemy mobs also “Jump” to avoid you exploiting getting away from them?

Theres a lot of different factors that go into it beyond just “let us jump this gap”

I feel like maybe the best solution is just to prevent the world gen from generating land borders like this? It's such a rare occurrence in the first place that it wouldn't really change the game at all and then you never need to worry about it.

Archived