More Terraria-related content?

Just a schizophazic dump because I have nothing to do.

Spoiler

Yea, yea, yea, I know that this Terraria + DST crossover was the first and most probably the last interaction of these two games, but there's a lot of potential in both them. Though this is DST forums, so I wanna talk about something that may be also added to DST as Terraria-like:

Spear.png Spear - reskin for Spear (duh) - just makes it look more Terraria-like - will probably cost 450 spools like Refined Spear because of absence of Fire/Ice staves.

Tempest_Staff.png Tempest Staff - reskin for Weather Pain - both summon tornados, but Terraria one shoots sharks, while DST one destroys structures. Still, behavior is similar.

Picksaw.png Picksaw - reskin for Pick/Axe - I know we already have a Pickaxe Axe, but come on, everyone likes Picksaw.

Magic_Mirror.png Magic Mirror - reskin for Backtrek and Rift Watches - Terraria's teleports to spawn point, while DST's teleports you to wherever you placed an anchor point. Pretty similar.

Band_of_Regeneration.png Band of Regeneration - reskin for Life Giving Amulet - because for some reason Life Crystal is a reskin for a Telltale Heart :/

Gold_armor.png Golden Helmet - reskin for Battle Helm - both have wings and use gold as a crafting ingredient.

Trident.png  Trident - reskin for Strident Trident - because why not?

Possessed_Hatchet.png Possessed Hatchet - reskin for Lucy the Axe - idk how good this idea is, because Lucy becomes a regular axe after Woodie leaves or changes the shard, but they're both possessed...

Obsidian_Rose.png / Arcane_Flower.png Obsidian Rose/Arcane Flower - reskin for Abigail's Flower - stems can be cut, leaving only flowers. Both will be cute imo.

Nightglow.png Nightglow - reskin for Shadow Thurible - because why not?

Paladin's_Hammer.png Paladin's Hammer - reskin for Thulecite Club - we already have a sword skin for club, why not make a hammer skin for the same club?

Royal_Scepter.png Royal Scepter - reskin for Walking Cane - we have a Rod of Discord, but we don't have its predecessor, plus both have similar color palette.

Shiny_Stone.png Shiny Stone - reskin for Lazy Forager - similar color palette, but one attracts health to you when standing still, and the other - items.

Full rework of Twins battle - come on Klei, you had a lot of possibilities to implement laser and cursed flames, and you just decided to make them robotic Eyes of Terror.

Whaddya think?

12 hours ago, Duck986 said:

Whaddya think?

I remember on the Dev Stream for the crossover, they had entertained the idea of doing the Eater of Worlds too in a way similar to how Pugalisk was done in hamlet (Worm bosses are something I personally wanna see more of in DS/T, Pugalisk was awesome). But they decided to do Twins since it would be less work.

I would love to see an Eater of Worlds boss with some corruption stuff, Corruption is superior to Crimson!

1 hour ago, thegreatJash said:

They should do some sort of second update with Terraria. Eater of Worlds pugalisk sounds awesome, but maybe they could implement more items, not just skins.

Yeah, I liked the item reskins but I really hoped we'd get some more terraria based items.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

I remember on the Dev Stream for the crossover, they had entertained the idea of doing the Eater of Worlds too in a way similar to how Pugalisk was done in hamlet (Worm bosses are something I personally wanna see more of in DS/T, Pugalisk was awesome). But they decided to do Twins since it would be less work.

I would love to see an Eater of Worlds boss with some corruption stuff, Corruption is superior to Crimson!

could be great to destroy that corruption balls with explosive arround the caves to summon the eater

pugalisk fighting mechanics really fits dst and i want it but eater of worlds could fill that space

I'd like the Abigail's Flower skins. It is so odd to me how we got a lot of Abby Flower skins but are still missing a few. I want the darn snowflake for the Winter Skin :c

13 hours ago, Hornete said:

(Corruption is superior to Crimson no need to cross that out)
It would be cool too if the character made the boss summon item instead of finding it. Take two monster meat, two bone shards in a crockpot you get "Wormy Food" you eat it, take some sanity and health damage and summons the Eater of Worlds (though considering it is Eye of Terror and not Eye of Cthulu probably want to rename it to like... Eater of Lands or something /shrug)

9 minutes ago, Evelo said:

(though considering it is Eye of Terror and not Eye of Cthulu probably want to rename it to like... Eater of Lands or something /shrug)

I think the change of name for the Eye of Cthulu was just to not cause any confusion to those who arent aware of Terraria. Yknow, eluding to the existence of Cthulu in the Don't Starve, can have some implications haha. The name "Eater of Worlds" doesn't come with any implications like that though so I imagine itd be fine.

1 hour ago, Echsrick said:

no, instead make new crossovers, because that will be more interesting

cinderstone online, yes, i have close contacts with there devs, that for sure would be a great idea, and interesting for sure

I'm pretty hesitant for anymore crossovers. I think Terraria feels like an exception and is done well, but I think crossover-overload would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

1 hour ago, Aquaticbutter7 said:

Considering we already have an underground glowing mushroom biome, I wouldn't mind Duke Fishron as a new ocean boss

We really just need cooler ocean bosses that aren't a pain to fight due to locking you in place or a pain to find in the first place due to having abysmal spawn chances on default settings. I would also like to see stuff like boat structures that are more centered around fighting ocean mobs rather than boats or structures.

Think of that scrapped giant ray shadow thing, could find a special type of bait to catch the ray's attention and bring it to the surface, then you can use harpoon guns mounted on your boat to attack the ray and also attach it to your boat so it won't be able to run away easily.

2 hours ago, Echsrick said:

no, instead make new crossovers, because that will be more interesting

cinderstone online, yes, i have close contacts with there devs, that for sure would be a great idea, and interesting for sure

Stardew Valley Crossover with a new Mayor Lewis NPC and farming system updates

Terraria event was kinda lacklustre for me. It kinda just boiled down to being a huge dump of skins, and while cool i imagine for Terraria fans, all it really did for me was saturate the amount of skins even more, and oh yea the boss was okay i guess.

I confess im not a Terraria player so i really couldnt care less about the crossover and they ended up spending so much time on the event too i remember it had to be delayed. I'd have honestly preferred all that time and effort for a crossover to be used on an update like the Moonquay one.

Archived