Should "DST Where's My Beefalo" mod be flagged for breaking players' games?

Should "DST Where's My Beefalo" mod be flagged for breaking players' games?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should "DST Where's My Beefalo" mod be flagged for breaking players' games?

• Yes, "DST Where's My Beefalo" mod should be flagged
    • No, it's a good mod

"DST Where's My Beefalo" mod is a popular 5-star (trap) mod that people install to only later realize that it will crash their game endlessly. Should we flag the mod?

It griefs Klei bug tracker a lot (I mean a lot) so it hurts Klei's development time.

This has been going on for more than 7 years, maybe it's time to put an end to it?

What do you think?

steampage.thumb.jpg.0c729ef1f3284b63b0b0eb079a500090.jpg

5stars.jpg.50b5f8df8ec34d122acf00d23969ee7d.jpg

Here's the mod on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=347360448 

It doesn't break any guidelines, therefore nothing can be done. Just don't use it.

It is player's responsibility to first check for mod issues before posting on bug tracker. And if the game suddenly starts crashing after downloading a kod that should be enough of a clue.

I mean with the amount of comments of “don’t download this mod” if you still do, you sort of deserve to have your game crash.

Alternatively some modder could analyze what’s wrong and upload a fixed version (with the author permission or dunno how that works) as they did with several other broken popular mods in the past.

Author of that mod has comments enabled on his profile - you should leave a message there to let him know about "DST Where's My Beefalo?" being outdated & crashing game, to be able to fix or retire said mod (if wanting/interested, of course). Mods being out-of-date/abandoned and, as a consequence, crashing game isn't "griefing". Also not a KLei issue if modder doesn't include straight-up malicious code (comes to mind a past case where some modder inserted a KLei ID of some player they didn't fancy in a section deliberately made to crash that person's game if using mod in question - that, indeed, warranted KLei's attention).

Some modders just leave the scene of certain games for a handful of reason, time, motivation or other more personal, so from the time I remember him active it's clear you won't get anything achieved, that's just a mod that grew outdated but certainly you can find mods of that purpose that are more up to date and would probably be more fitting of the rest the game added.

And as others mentioned, it's fine and you should take in account user reviews to give you an idea of how it would go, it's only one of many now dead mod.

Archived