Hostility flare is good, but what if it gets better :> .(suggestion)

Hostility Flare seems absolutely amazing...

I would really like to know how it interacts with the Deerclops countdown timer though as this interaction will have a massive impact on how the Flare operates and how useful it is.

Same with whether it just pulls McTusk hunting parties out of nowhere or if it pulls from existing walrus houses and whether their respawn timer has impact on the flare as well.

Considering Pirates have next to no limits I assume they are pretty straightforward and you can spawn as many as you want without a time limit (other than actually setting the flares off obviously). Would be good to know if we can spawn them anywhere on the ocean though.

Seems like it is very Winter focused as it can spawn Deerclops or McTusks in Winter and the rest of the year all it can spawn/attract are Pirate Raids. 

Would be great if it could get an upgrade to summer Bearger in Autumn and maybe Moose/Goose at nests that haven't been populated in Spring. Beergear can appear anywhere on the mainland but Moose/Goose is locked to her nests so it shouldn't bring a Moose Goose right to you but could allow populating a nest that wasn't populated that particular spring by setting off a flare nearby.

As for Summer no idea... maybe setting one off has a chance to anger Antlion who then sends out his shockwave sinkhole attacks after a short delay. Might be a bit too useful for Logging, Mining etc though. Simply set off an Antlion attack whenever and whereever you want to destroy a whole bunch of trees/Marble trees or whatever quickly and cheaply.

Either way I'd love to see what the more detailed actual mechanics and limitations are on the flare in regards to McTusk and Deerclops and would absolutely love if it had a bit more use in seasons other than Winter other than as pirate raid bait.

The overall concept of the item is absolutely amazing though and I can see myself using it quite a lot in the future. 

Have it spawn treeguards since wicker needs an absurd amount of living logs now. Although as a Wormwood main it makes shed a tear to suggest this... :crushed:

Works like this, use it in a forest and each tree has a % to turn as if you have chopped a tree down.

I think the main problem with the flare spawning bearger is the fact that they don’t actually despawn like deerclops does. It’d be pretty unbalanced having hordes of them running about and destroying eachother with ground pounds.

9 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

I think the main problem with the flare spawning bearger is the fact that they don’t actually despawn like deerclops does. It’d be pretty unbalanced having hordes of them running about and destroying eachother with ground pounds.

there can only be 1 bearger and it never despawns and needs to be killed so there can't be infinite spawns of 1 boss unless they add goose which would be amazing with new rain book recipe.

3 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I believe one of the conditions to spawn Deerclops is not having a Deerclops currently in the world, same should apply.

6 hours ago, Mr.Tarunio said:

1. I was thinking moose/goose force spawns if you use it near a pond.

2. Maybe add varg or ewecus to the other 40%

3. Maybe bearger after first autumn.

I'd leave Varg and Ewecus for hunting, hell, even Mactusks Hunting Party should appear during hunts, not for us, it should just be a chance of finding them hunting any of the prey mobs, we killing them in the process is collateral. But I do like a chance to have Bearger and Moose spawn with the new Flare during Autumn and Spring respectively.

3 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Make it so that it spawns bee queen if used near her empty hive.
Summon dragonfly sooner if used in her arena.
Call forth for worm or bunny attacks in caves.

I declare war on the Constant.

I don't think the idea of this item is to kill bosses faster than the 20 day cooldown, you can do that by altering game settings. 

I wouldn't mind summoning worm attacks tho, I can't think of a better use for it in the caves. 

Let it summon hound waves and when doing so it resets the hound wave timer!!!!
Then we can summon a hound wave before going out to do something and you won't have to worry about hounds interrupting you in the middle of an activity.

It's usefull, but it's weird, really. MacTuk, Pirate, and Deerclops are all active victims seekers, so it makes sense to see a player's flare and attack. But the Bearger is just an animal looking for food, and the MooseGooes is a seasonal migratory bird that migrates to breed, so it would be weird for them to be attracted to a flare.

Archived