Woodie proposal!

Hi. Yes, I know. ANOTHER Woodie thread.
Fear not. I will not repeat the others. Instead I have a proposal!

Something I've been thinking about was how exactly Woodie should prevent transformations... then it hit me. 
What is it that makes a Canadian... you know... Canadian? That's right.

Maple Syrup. 

My proposal is that Woodie is given a recipe for a refillable Maple Syrup bottle. Much akin to this!
Pure Maple Syrup 50 ml - Hillegas Sugar Camp

It'd give him some nice stat boosts and most importantly would grant him immunity for a nights worth of nonconsensual transformations. This means eating an idol would ignore it, giving the player full control! Maybe it could even play a fun unique swigging animation too. 
I feel this suggestion holds weight since its very in-character, and gives the player more control over transformations!

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

that would probably still be very annoying to gather and craft if it's only one night

It's a concept. It can be improved and expanded upon! The point of my post is to lay down the foundation.
I'd recommend it having multiple uses and could be refilled via honey. 1 swig=immune for a night. Give it multiple uses, or so!

I could definitely see myself putting a tap on many trees to get a steady supply of Maple Syrup if this were the case to use for Fullmoons and Moonstorms.

To be honest, if a Wickerbottom is spamming Lunar Grimoire every single day, that's just inconsiderate for the Woodie players in the server and I probably wouldn't play on that server to begin with.

1 hour ago, Owlrust said:

To be honest, if a Wickerbottom is spamming Lunar Grimoire every single day, that's just inconsiderate for the Woodie players in the server and I probably wouldn't play on that server to begin with.

I get where your coming from but I feel like the moon would be a issue on more than a few servers since there isn't a reason not to keep the full moon up for most people and the advice Woodie players would likely be given is don't play Woodie then.

2 hours ago, Owlrust said:

if a Wickerbottom is spamming Lunar Grimoire every single day, that's just inconsiderate for the Woodie players in the server and I probably wouldn't play on that server to begin with

Hes already being bullied by Moon Storm event xD 

On 7/26/2022 at 3:06 PM, -Variant said:

Something I've been thinking about was how exactly Woodie should prevent transformations... then it hit me. 

Maple Syrup. 

My proposal is that Woodie is given a recipe for a refillable Maple Syrup bottle. Much akin to this!

It'd give him some nice stat boosts and most importantly would grant him immunity for a nights worth of nonconsensual transformations. This means eating an idol would ignore it, giving the player full control! Maybe it could even play a fun unique swigging animation too. 
I feel this suggestion holds weight since its very in-character, and gives the player more control over transformations!

I knew we’d get a good woodie suggestion before too long

On 7/27/2022 at 12:22 AM, goblinball said:

This is a fun idea, and conceptually I much prefer this over a generic lunar amulet or smth. Should Walter be able to drink it as well, since he’s also Canadian? 

Walter would chug the entire bottle in one single gulp, and only THEN proceed to eat an entire stack of pancakes.

Of course don't forget the whole stick of butter, wouldn't wanna skip out on our dairy intake would we?

On 7/26/2022 at 10:06 PM, -Variant said:

Maple Syrup. 

Also yeah cool idea i guess.

...ok i dont know why i wanted to sound disinterested when this is genuinely probably the best idea anybody has come up with to address woodie's allergy to the celestial bodies orbiting... or at least existing in close proximity to the constant.

Genuinely love it.
Though this also makes me really crave pancakes both in dst and in general. [And maple syrup is expensive over here too... sigh]

This is a good solution to the problem.

But in my head, Woodie's curse needs to remain uncontrollable to an extent. It breaks my expectation of him if Woodie can now fully control his curse, which would mean he doesn't have a curse, what he has is super power.

Archived