[Opinion] Locking Lunar Grimoire Behind Iridescent Gem Is PERFECT

8 hours ago, goatt said:

The power to control moon phase is not a survival necessity and is entirely optional. But it's extraordinary and should be luxuriously priced to reflect that.

I disagree that items in this game should be priced to reflect their power and I will show you why
442452855_potcomparison.jpg.e5e1cebef37e39d09ecd8a245e563ccc.jpg
It might seem like the two crock pot recipes are similar on first glance, but they are really different. First of all it is far easier to get 2 gold than 3 cut stone. Gold is an abundant resource while using up cut stone in the early game will usually cost you several pig houses. Secondly, and more importantly, the portable crock pot is far better as it is not stationary which makes it quite powerful AND warly spawns with it essentially making the first one you craft free. Basically, the only thing similar here is the appearance of the recipe, not the actual cost.
1621993479_tentcomparison.jpg.f801392fb8bfecda455e29dc9366ed17.jpg

Not only does walters tent costs an extra 6 grass instead of silk (Which imo is easier to get than silk in the early game) but it is portable, has more uses and can be used by any character. 6 of walters portable tents (36 grass) are the equivalent of 10 regular tents (60 silk). Clearly the superior item.

I'll even throw in my own comparison.
image.png.60ebe9316ce85338a4bf1fccc6c9023d.png 

If you've ever played on a server with 6 or more people, you should already know which is better. Farming pig skin and grass vs 2 gold and 2 rocks. Wigfrid's helmet is a lot easier to mass farm continuing the trend of character specific items being cheaper and better than their global counterpart.

Compare this to wickers book. 

9 hours ago, goatt said:

- Mysterious energy requires: iri gem, pearl quest, crab king, and moving 6 lunar atlars which takes days. Minimum about 60 days of intense play, or 8 hours.

- Lunar Grimoire: iri gem. Minimum 12 days (with teamwork), after first full moon. (it makes sense to require at least 1 full moon to unlock full moon power).

The effort AND time required in the 2 tasks above still have significant difference, but it's much more justifiable.

On paper, it does seem like wickers book is better. However may I remind you that once the mysterious energy is formed, it is permanent. I understand that it comes with it's disadvantages however that doesn't matter much due to how easy it is to disable. Once you form the mysterious energy once, you can turn it on and off forever at your leisure. In comparison, wickerbottoms book just seems like a pain to get. In order to achieve a permanent full moon you need three books that you cycle through a bookshelf (2 if you want >90% of nights to be a full moon) as well as -50 sanity per use.

-The lunar grimoire requires a visit to the archives and the lunar island. and then do the moon event a few times for more books. 

-The mysterious energy requires that and a simple to complete side quest as well as killing a boss that can be cheesed in multiple ways. 
(Which I'd like to quickly point out DOES NOT TAKE 60 DAYS. The only reason it takes that long is because pearls quest requires cactus flower that only grows in summer. It is not 60 days of "intense gameplay" as you put it, more of the opposite. you could afk for 50 days and summon the storm in the last few days if you wanted to. Hell, if you started in summer I could see someone summoning it really early on if they were dedicated enough)

Surely you can agree that the lunar grimoire shouldn't require the iridescent gem? If you remove it now and only require moon moths that would be fine for most players I'd say. Another reason to visit the lunar island

The thing is, I agree that iri gem is a good price too, if it weren't for the archives.

The problem of just going to the caves and grabbing two gems on first few days is a big deal, with having to do a moonrock event more times (which means you need more staves which means you need more yellow gems, living logs etc.) to start the cc quest and makes for a second character to rush archives at the start of the game (the first being Wanda)

Because iri gem is a limited resource until you create more with the most valuable ingredient (time), it's not the best solution. It needs to be something similarly expensive, but not something to compete for in these categories- either 2 moon books or 2/3 keys for the archive activation.

I would go as far as suggesting a new item to be introduced, or for the book to be created via transformation from something else (like the moonrock event or new/full moon in general).

Or use Glommer's wings. Those have no use atm.

1 hour ago, Ornge said:

-The lunar grimoire requires a visit to the archives and the lunar island. and then do the moon event a few times for more books. 

-The mysterious energy requires that and a simple to complete side quest as well as killing a boss that can be cheesed in multiple ways. 
(Which I'd like to quickly point out DOES NOT TAKE 60 DAYS. The only reason it takes that long is because pearls quest requires cactus flower that only grows in summer. It is not 60 days of "intense gameplay" as you put it, more of the opposite. you could afk for 50 days and summon the storm in the last few days if you wanted to. Hell, if you started in summer I could see someone summoning it really early on if they were dedicated enough)

But you can also cheese the moon event and while you could change the settings to start in summer you could also just turn off nighttime as well the average player is going to be time gated because I feel like most people won't start in summer let alone being able to reach it naturally.

2 hours ago, Ornge said:

On paper, it does seem like wickers book is better. However may I remind you that once the mysterious energy is formed, it is permanent. I understand that it comes with it's disadvantages however that doesn't matter much due to how easy it is to disable. Once you form the mysterious energy once, you can turn it on and off forever at your leisure. In comparison, wickerbottoms book just seems like a pain to get. In order to achieve a permanent full moon you need three books that you cycle through a bookshelf (2 if you want >90% of nights to be a full moon) as well as -50 sanity per use.

While I'm not against making a alteration to the recipe I don't think it needs to be cheap I see Wickerbottom's book having the similar balance dynamic to the current Wortox teleport vs Wanda's teleport. What I mean by that is Wortox's teleport is ready out the gate but is more time consuming to setup each teleport while on the other hand Wanda's teleport network is a lot more time consuming to setup initially but costs no time to actually make use of once it is setup, can cross shards, and bring friends at a additional cost in this scenario Wickerbottom fills the role of Wortox.  

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

The thing is, I agree that iri gem is a good price too, if it weren't for the archives.

The problem of just going to the caves and grabbing two gems on first few days is a big deal, with having to do a moonrock event more times (which means you need more staves which means you need more yellow gems, living logs etc.) to start the cc quest and makes for a second character to rush archives at the start of the game (the first being Wanand)

Because iri gem is a limited resource until you create more with the most valuable ingredient (time), it's not the best solution. It needs to be something similarly expensive, but not something to compete for in these categories- either 2 moon books or 2/3 keys for the archive activation.

I would go as far as suggesting a new item to be introduced, or for the book to be created via transformation from something else (like the moonrock event or new/full moon in general).

Or use Glommer's wings. Those have no use atm.

Actually another way to make use of the moon event for the book could also be to make the cost the staff itself and not the gem which is something that was mentioned as well.

9 hours ago, Sapientis said:

5. Teleportation. Teleportation is divided into different categories:

1. already existing in the world linking only two places: Wormholes - reduce sanity, Big Slimy Pits - require to defeat Big Tentacle repeatedly 

2. random: Telelocator Staff - quite costly, massively reduces sanity, summons lightnings possibly starting fires, increases world's wetness level, only 5 uses

3. to a certain place, set up previously: Backstep Watch - only teleports where Wanda has just been, requires resources from Ancient Ruins or Archives, Telelocator Focus - costs additional 3 Purple Gems each time, Lazy Deserter - boss item, requires other people already in your destination place, drains sanity, costs Desert Stones each time or a second Lazy Deserter in a permanent place, Backtreck Watch - requires resources from Ancient Ruin or Archives and a Walrus Tusk, which is only accessible in winter, Second Chance Watch - teleports the ghost to the spot of death, possibly killing them again, also breaks if used on Wanda 

4. to any place on screen: Lazy Explorer, Wortox Souls

5. TO ANY PLACE ON THE MAP: Wortox Souls

In the category of 1 to 4, from already existing in the world to any place on screen, the teleportation in the same categories have similar cost in general, more or less depends on being a DLC exclusive character perk or not, but still reasonable.

Sir. I would disagree. Tier 3 and 4 are out of order, teleportation to locations once previously set up are far more powerful than teleporting to another location on the same screen!

*tehee*

3 hours ago, Ornge said:

I disagree that items in this game should be priced to reflect their power and I will show you why

Surely you can agree that the lunar grimoire shouldn't require the iridescent gem? If you remove it now and only require moon moths that would be fine for most players I'd say. Another reason to visit the lunar island

You completely ignored all the arguments why The Lunar Grimoire should be locked from new and even intermediate players because they shouldn't be able to manipulate the world around them so easily.

It is a luxury item that completely removes the time management aspect of the moon cycle. Normally you have to wait 2.5 hours for the full moon.  With Lunar Grimoire, you don't have to wait for 2.5 hours to get any of the full moon effects and then get disappointed because it was autumn and the night lasted 30 seconds (or you just forgot) and wait another 2.5 hours. Sometimes you want to do multiple things on the full moon but don't have time.  It often happens to me that I wanna go to the lunar/caves/whatever to do stuff but then I remember that full moon is in 2 days and I should probably stay to farm werepigs/do moonstone event or whatever.

Even if you don't find the full moon itself powerful, removing this aspect of time management is actually what makes the book powerful. Not being tied to any fixed cycles is what makes this item so good. 

8 hours ago, Another membe said:
16 hours ago, goatt said:

Food with 40+ hp is very good on sanity.

I can't add anything of value to the discussion, but I can point out that you made a mistake.

Lol, thanks, fixed.

10 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Minimum 12 days? Iri gem is available to take in archives just lying there with 0 threats around, so you can take it day 1

Probably not day 1, cuz need to go to multiple locations. But definitely can be done before day 12.

13 hours ago, Sapientis said:

4. to any place on screen: Lazy Explorer, Wortox Souls

5. TO ANY PLACE ON THE MAP: Wortox Souls

In the category of 1 to 4, from already existing in the world to any place on screen, the teleportation in the same categories have similar cost in general, more or less depends on being a DLC exclusive character perk or not, but still reasonable.

But in global map radius, Wortox Souls made from Butterflies have completely disrupted this balance.

Wortox Souls dropping only from 10 000 health plus Bosses would restore this balance.

You have missed 1 point: 4 and 5 are the same. The cost of soul hopping on map is balanced based on soul hopping on screen. What soul hopping on map saves is time on clicking and animation, and some other qol stuff. In other words, soul hop costs are the same/similar, on screen or on map.

Besides, Wortox map hop has major restriction: the problem of replenishing souls for subsequent events such as fighting and map hopping. That problem is solvable by hoarding living things in inventory, but it requires significant effort to prep, and is a one time thing.

So wortox souls made from "butterfies" haven't disrupted this balance.

- Wortox Souls: kill a Butterfly. That's it. Seriously. No Sanity drop, no Ruins Venture, no wasted time. You can also teleport literally anywhere on the map.

That's true. Wortox's souls are more powerful than lazy explorers. That's why it's a character perk.

But are souls over powered? I don't have the math for or against it. But we can judge it by looking at how popular wortox is. If his souls are really so good overall as a wortox package (since other characters cannot use it), then he should be very popular.

But he's not. Why? My guess has 2 reasons (for why butterfly convenience is not too over powered) for now:

1. killing a butterfly isn't as trivia as you tried to portrait it. It requires you to go to the right location, at right time, in right season. And it requires you to wait for butterfly to spawn. (10 butterflies per daytime, per person? In general, that's my personal experience in farming butterfly wing saddle many times). To farm 20 butterflies, you need more than 1 day.

2. souls are capped at 20. It's not a lot for long distance travel (on screen or on map). Killing butterflies isn't enough for a return trip. It usually requires catching some butterflies with bug nets, too.

It has been said before and I'll repeat it, the cost of Iridescent Gem is high

As someone else has pointed out under this thread, there are 2 iri gems in archive waiting to be grabbed, free of charge, on day 1.

None of the reasons that you mentioned are significant if put in the context.

11 hours ago, Parusoid said:

And it appears that your opinion might be in minority since below poll shows that people dont like iri gem in the recipe

image.thumb.png.bbf3d0a613ce8a88a6f3bb482168ace6.png

True. I do know I'm on the unpopular side. Here is my reason as I have mentioned earlier under this thread.

16 hours ago, Ornge said:

I'm trying to avoid using the word "power". I'm talking about effect. Power and effects are different. Food getting cooked is an effect on food, not a power. Causing damage is an effect of weapon. You cannot compare the power of crockpot to the power of weapons, because they have different effects.

You can compare powers within the same effect, which is what you did in your comments. And I agree their power differs. But that power difference is due to character perks, which is fine, that's why they are perks. Even if some character perk is 2x more powerful, it's still fine, since we have seen such powerful perks, such as wolfgang's atk modifier. I haven't done the math, but I can't think of anything 3x powerful as of the moment of writing down this comment.

In other words, the character perks you mentioned is not too powerful because it's contained in game tuning conventions.

Regarding Lunar Grimoire.

I want to note again that the effect of full moon is extraordinary, and I'm not talking about power. The fact that this effect requires defeating a boss to achieve can already show how extraordinary it is. But for Wicker, it only requires her a trip to archive and lunar island at minimum (both of which are still required in moon storm activation).

You want to achieve full moon every night. It's fine. But you can't talk about it as if it's not something extraordinary. It is really extraordinary. The first moon storm is also extraordinarily extraordinary. The second moon storm is much easier, but it still requires the first moon storm. You cannot talk about later moon storms' easy activation as if they are standalone. They are not.

Once you form the mysterious energy once, you can turn it on and off forever at your leisure.

If mysterious energy can be turned on and off at your leisure, then 50 sanity can be taken away and refilled with leisure, because now you can wear enlightened crown (everyday 50 free sanity from doing nothing).

By the way, how do you turn it off after turning it on with your leisure? I'd like to learn.

The mysterious energy requires that and a simple to complete side quest as well as killing a boss that can be cheesed in multiple ways. 

If you decide to afk for 50 days. You still need to scout the entire cave (depending on luck) to find archive/ruins, you need to scout most of the map to locate lunar island. You need to tend your beefalo. You need to find cookie cutters and kill them. You need to visit pearl multiple times. You need a prosperous AFK base, because a small base cannot keep a base potato alive for 50 days including winter. You need to gather lots of resources for crab king fight, including lots of blue gems (requires extensive grave digging, or a ruins farming, or diligent mactusk farming).

Let's do the math very roughly

Spoiler

5 days in cave

5 days for clearing the map

2 days for finding salt and killing cookie cutter

2 day for pearl bush, drying rack, lureplant, catching butterfly and planting flowers

2 day for clearing trash.

2 days for getting big fish or sending clothing.

3 days for getting blue gems (at least 5 gems?) and marbles

6 to 10 days for hoarding resources and building base. (chopping trees, fertilizing massive amount of new plants food source to build an afk base)

2 days locating lunar atlars on the main continent

2 days for killing goats, moose and crafting weather pain (assuming solo)

1 day for picking cactus flower and getting pearl

1 day for fighting crab king

2 days to move the atlars all onto the lunar island.

The above is already 35 days, not including beefalo related stuff.

The tasks above to activate the mysterious energy can be easily expanded into 50 busy days if there are distractions such as adding a furnance to base for afk heat, or trying to kill the bee queen for bundle blueprint, or making some star caller/moon caller for afk light, or fighting shadow bosses, or taming a beef for real.

In other words, you numbers are off unless you are given tons of help. Mysterious energy costs a lot more than you have described. Maybe not all 60 (50) days are busy, but majority of it are. By the way, 60 days were from my previous rough estimation, considering you can't get pearl before day 51. A better estimation maybe 55 days.

Another number if you are interested. 2 books can support 100% 96% of the nights.

Here is my math, you are welcome to point out my mistake if there is any

Spoiler

20 days is full moon cycle. In 20 days, 2 books recover totally

16% x 2books x 20days = 640% durability

Each artificial full moon cost 1/3 drability or 33.3333%. The number of night from 640% is

640% / (1/3) = 19.2 nights every 20 days.

Because there is 1 free full moon in every 20 days, so 2 books can afford

19.2 artificial full moon + 1 natural full moon = 20.2 full moon.

Math was wrong. But since bookshelves' regen rate has been doubled, it's still 2 books.

Honestly the recepie now is very hard and before It was too easy, I would honestly just made like a between point, like needing moon wings and lunar shards. Right now the only thing It does is make you go to archives and get the two free gems that are there. I just want a middle point.

13 minutes ago, Masterblaster38 said:

Honestly the recepie now is very hard and before It was too easy, I would honestly just made like a between point, like needing moon wings and lunar shards. Right now the only thing It does is make you go to archives and get the two free gems that are there. I just want a middle point.

The middle point (needing lunar wings and lunar shards) requires a visit to lunar island, which is acceptable to you.

The "too hard" is visiting 2 places (lunar and archive) instead of 1. Even tho it's twice the amount, the nature of the task (visiting a place) is still very easy.

Personally, I wish the book is locked behind at least the first full moon. In other words, I wish lunar book is inaccessible before the first natural full moon. Because it would make sense thematically.

1 minute ago, goatt said:

The middle point (needing lunar wings and lunar shards) requires a visit to lunar island, which is acceptable to you.

The "too hard" is visiting 2 places (lunar and archive) instead of 1.

I understand visiting 2 places is too hard for you in your subjective experience. And I have no direct argument against that cuz it's your true experience.

Personally, I wish the book is locked behind at least the first full moon. In other words, I wish lunar book is inaccessible before the first natural full moon. Because it would make sense thematically.

In reality I think honestly with just needing one place to search is enough, not that is hard to maybe as someone said in the forum and Now that you said It, maybe making the book need glommer wings/flower should be a better idea.

Is not hard to get a gem for me is that I think searching for the lunar island is already hard enough because you need a boat, a think tank and ect.

But yeah for me it isn't that hard is just the a gem is severely expensive in my opinion and glommer flower/wings would be better

6 hours ago, Masterblaster38 said:

In reality I think honestly with just needing one place to search is enough, not that is hard to maybe as someone said in the forum and Now that you said It, maybe making the book need glommer wings/flower should be a better idea.

Is not hard to get a gem for me is that I think searching for the lunar island is already hard enough because you need a boat, a think tank and ect.

But yeah for me it isn't that hard is just the a gem is severely expensive in my opinion and glommer flower/wings would be better

I see your point. I think you mean that the iri gems make it hard to mass the lunar book because of how rare and difficult iri gems are.

2 books can cover 96% of the nights.

But 2 books can already enable full moon every single nights. The game has already given out free full moon forever at the beginning of the game if that's what you want.

let me copy math here:

Spoiler

20 days is full moon cycle. In each 20-day period, 2 books recover totally

Each artificial full moon cost 1/3 drability or 33.3333%. The number of full moon nights from 640% is

But at the end of the day, I think lunar books should be a rare commodity that cannot be easily massed produced.

14 minutes ago, goatt said:

I see your point. I think you mean that the iri gems make it hard to mass the lunar book because of how rare and difficult iri gems are.

But 2 books can already enable full moon every single nights. The game has already given out free full moon forever at the beginning of the game if that's what you want.

let me copy math here:

Hide contents

20 days is full moon cycle. In each 20-day period, 2 books recover totally

Each artificial full moon cost 1/3 drability or 33.3333%. The number of full moon nights from 640% is

But at the end of the day, I think lunar books should be a rare commodity that cannot be easily massed produced.

Oh ok I understant Now, I was thinking you needed 3 books to have full moon every night then yeah I think the recipie of now is ok then tho after all you won't get Moon island.

But why are we talking about mass produce if you only need 2 books I might ask apart that I didn't say It to make It able to be mass produce? The old recepie made It so the book is day 1 the one that we have now just makes so you have to work a little more, the glommer flower idea just makes so you actually need at least to wait one Moon.

I don't like how it leads to more griefing. Just like some random speedrunner wannabe smashing all pig houses on the map just to get themselves more skins than they need and die next to the ancient guardian so will now wickerbottoms get gems from archives and leave when bored not leaving the books or going through the hustle of creating another gem so you will have to spend extra 40 days and 2 starcaller staves to activate archives. I've never seen archives emptied of gems before this change.

What I don't agree with this recipe is that: it's basically VERY expensive if you're going to do the event, and VERY cheap at the same time if you're going to commit British behavior, which puts us in a very strange situation.
That's why I'm going to advocate for a change with a similar price but with some differences, a yellow gem and some moon-related items would actually put the book in even greater difficulty to obtain, which would heighten this fantasy of being a really special book. The recipe would be basically the same: resources used to make moonstaff, but without having to do the moon event and spend a green gem at the cost of not being able to get 2 books for free just by stealing the Archives.
Of course you can still rush the ruins and make this book as fast as possible, but that also comes at a cost, which is the perils of the ruin itself.

Just now, xhyom said:

That's why I'm going to advocate for a change with a similar price but with some differences, a yellow gem and some moon-related items would actually put the book in even greater difficulty to obtain, which would heighten this fantasy of being a really special book.

What about the moon staff itself? It would prevent griefing and save 20% of deconstruction staff. 

2 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

What about the moon staff itself? It would prevent griefing and save 20% of deconstruction staff. 

I would be fine with that too, I don't want the price to get any cheaper, but since swapping the iridescent gem with something else would already be a "nerf" since you couldn't get two for free I believe a small decrease in the price would not be an issue.
I just don't really like the way it is now.

29 minutes ago, Masterblaster38 said:

Oh ok I understant Now, I was thinking you needed 3 books

My math was wrong. I forgot natural full moon is pushed off after lunar books.

But still 2 books, because bookshelves' regen rate has been doubled.

13 minutes ago, xhyom said:

What I don't agree with this recipe is that: it's basically VERY expensive if you're going to do the event, and VERY cheap at the same time if you're going to commit British behavior, which puts us in a very strange situation.
That's why I'm going to advocate for a change with a similar price but with some differences, a yellow gem and some moon-related items would actually put the book in even greater difficulty to obtain, which would heighten this fantasy of being a really special book. The recipe would be basically the same: resources used to make moonstaff, but without having to do the moon event and spend a green gem at the cost of not being able to get 2 books for free just by stealing the Archives.
Of course you can still rush the ruins and make this book as fast as possible, but that also comes at a cost, which is the perils of the ruin itself.

If you know me and you know the things I post.. then you know that this post is going to be some crazy out of the box thinking. So with that said: You’ve been warned read at your own risk.

Anyway- In the beginning of DS/DST some resource were rare, some resource were non-renewable, and some required difficult tasks.

However DST has been changing and it’s been changing a lot.. Living Logs used to could only be obtained from Totally Normal Trees or Treeguards, then along came Wormwood who can literally generate free living logs at the cost of his own health, THEN later came the Lunar Grotto which added Mushgnomes yet another source for the once Somewhat hard to get resource.

Alongside the Lunar Grotto came the Archives which made other resources easier to get such as Thelucite from the Dustmoths Hidey Den things.

While yes the Multi-Colored Easter egg is CURRENTLY pretty hard to obtain.. how do we know for certain that Klei won’t add a new biome or mob into the game where these gems are no longer as rare as they currently are?

I mean.. for one the thing is shaped like an Egg, so Klei could (in the future) add a mob that literally poops the things out (Aka Hamlets Pangolden) 

Until we know the full extent of the changes we as gamers can’t rightly say what is or isn’t too hard to obtain- only Klei could possibly know what they will tweak/add.

Ive learned from my experience with the franchise that a lot of once hard to get resources or Resources you needed to take extreme caution in not letting go completely extinct now are easier to get or Renew themselves.

You guys are thinking Steal Archives Gems, Deconstruct things with a staff- meanwhile I’m thinking you know… if Pangolden can poop gold, what are the odds of Klei adding some mob that lays Opal Eggs?

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

While yes the Multi-Colored Easter egg is CURRENTLY pretty hard to obtain.. how do we know for certain that Klei won’t add a new biome or mob into the game where these gems are no longer as rare as they currently are?

It is difficult to determine how much it really matters, we have no way of predicting the future, only theorizing. That's why I don't really like how Klei is making smaller updates in a short time between them, it's not possible to really understand which direction we're going, it's the same problem as Moon Quay, the monkeys were simply a new problem for places that had nothing to do with apes, and none of these already existing places benefited from their presence. We could argue that, okay, in the future there are going to be some really awesome things at sea, so it being quite dangerous would have a good reason, but looking at where we are now it looks like they just added one more problem for no reason, same with the iridescent gem (not really but).

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean.. for one the thing is shaped like an Egg, so Klei could (in the future) add a mob that literally poops the things out (Aka Hamlets Pangolden) 

Until we know the full extent of the changes we as gamers can’t rightly say what is or isn’t too hard to obtain- only Klei could possibly know what they will tweak/add.

You guys are thinking Steal Archives Gems, Deconstruct things with a staff- meanwhile I’m thinking you know… if Pangolden can poop gold, what are the odds of Klei adding some mob that lays Opal Eggs?

I highly doubt an addition like this would change anything, would fall into the same niche as something like tumbleweeds, yes they are a possibility, but really how many times have you taken an important gem from something like this?

Just now, Masterblaster38 said:

Also I wanted to ask, how much usefull is full moons? Just for farms and nothing more aside from that, you will need to use the book and sanity in base as if not then the book will break.

Useful? Not much I think.

I'm a veteran. Full moon has a "sacred" place in my heart since early period of playing the game. Every time full moon is on, I'll say to chat or in my head that "today is full moon" with a little excitement for no reason.

After mysterious energy and cc were introduced, full moon's special place hasn't moved, but was added new meanings.

I was kinda upset with game designers when Lunar Grimoire was first introduced with extremely price. Now it's a little better, but not enough.

I feel it's a violation of the lore or my understanding of the game (which is changed from time to time). My understanding was that full moon is a very special power that belong to Celestials or Nature. Unlike rain, which is just water evaporated from the Constant, lunar power doesn't seem to belong to anyone in the constant. The best we could do before was a moon caller.

Letting a character manipulate moon cycle doesn't make sense to me. I would much more prefer a local full moon like mooncaller's power.

18 minutes ago, Masterblaster38 said:

Also I wanted to ask, how much usefull is full moons? Just for farms and nothing more aside from that, you will need to use the book and sanity in base as if not then the book will break.

I mean the ability to mass produce dark swords that don't drain sanity seems pretty good to me.

15 minutes ago, goatt said:

I feel it's a violation of the lore or my understanding of the game (which is changed from time to time). My understanding was that full moon is a very special power that belong to Celestials or Nature. Unlike rain, which is just water evaporated from the Constant, lunar power doesn't seem to belong to anyone in the constant. The best we could do before was a moon caller.

Letting a character manipulate moon cycle doesn't make sense to me. I would much more prefer a local full moon like mooncaller's power.

I mean not everything game-vise has to be related with the Lore.

Also It Now makes sense because not only you now need a gem relacionated with the moon, but wickerbottom quote was something like "that visit to the archives was very educational" and Now even more as people will go to the archives to get the gems to make It.

32 minutes ago, Masterblaster38 said:

Also I wanted to ask, how much usefull is full moons?

Not very. Plenty of people have discussed how the book's usefulness is extremely exaggerated,  but I think the two latest comments by @Ornge in this thread sum it up the best. 

I don't get why people are acting like spending a ton of sanity and being tethered to the base since you need to get a new book every 2 days is overpowered, or even a good light source, just like I don't get how they think slightly easier access to helmets is too good when Wigfrid already does that way better. And WX is already permanent night vision, that one is actually for free and actually available day 1. He can get that and immunity to temperature and plenty more for basically no cost. Wickerbottom is only overpowered compared to Wilson, but even looking at the base books Wickerbottom had before the rework (which cost things like seeds) making full moons isn't nearly as useful as things like automatically killing bosses or making tons of health, hunger, krampii, blow darts, grass, twigs, stone fruit, etc. Full moons are a useful new tool but way weaker than what she already had available. 

Archived