[Opinion] Locking Lunar Grimoire Behind Iridescent Gem Is PERFECT

34 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why is bad sanity a serious downside but bad sanity is a joke downside?

What?

Plenty of people sleep, and her food basically becomes worthless when it becomes stale,

Sleep is the most optional mechanic in the game. Just don't let your meals spoil (you know this).

and she loses tons of sanity from her books, and she spawns shadows when reading without enough sanity.

Those are costs of using her special powers. Not downsides.

19 minutes ago, abrocator said:

What?

Sleep is the most optional mechanic in the game. Just don't let your meals spoil (you know this).

Those are costs of using her special powers. Not downsides.

So what is Wortox's super impactful downside then, if it isn't his sanity related things? The troubles of using the even-more-optional-than-sleep minions to kill bosses instead of you, fire, or catapults? 

Personally I don't see sanity as a bad downside but I don't see it as Wickerbottom's downside controversial as the opinion may be the reason being is sanity is the cost of using her powers not a situation she must endure even if not seen that way I see her spoiled food downside as her main downside specially because it greatly increases waste for her and makes her less efficient when it comes to preparing for long trips yes I know bundling wraps exist and yes I know defeating the bee queen is easier with her but it's still not something every Wickerbottom is going to do. As for not being able to sleep it's in a weird spot for me because in my eyes it counts as both a perk and a downside simultaneously for reasons I feel are very apparent. 

16 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Just eat souls, they give 25 hunger. 

And cost sanity, whereas restoring health and sanity via food is also only 50% effective.

Both fresh and stale food are worse for Wortox than Wickerbottom, and he doesn't get horticulture to produce it on demand.

Seems like Wortox is the only one who actually benefits from wasting time sleeping. Wickerbottom is granted immunity to hostile sleep effects in return for something she doesn't need anyway.

5 hours ago, Bumber64 said:

And cost sanity, whereas restoring health and sanity via food is also only 50% effective.

Both fresh and stale food are worse for Wortox than Wickerbottom, and he doesn't get horticulture to produce it on demand.

Seems like Wortox is the only one who actually benefits from wasting time sleeping. Wickerbottom is granted immunity to hostile sleep effects in return for something she doesn't need anyway.

Refer to my first comment. 

Archived