What's the ideal Lunar Grimoire recipe?

About that Lunar Grimoire recipe change...  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should lunar grimoire's current recipe (1 iridescent gem, 2 moon moth wings) change or stay the same?

• Change
    • Stay the same
  2. 2. If it should be changed, what should it be changed to? (Select all that apply)

• Moon moth wings
    • Moon rock
    • Moon glass
    • Moon rock idol
    • Iridescent gem
    • Bath bomb
    • Carrat
    • Astral detector
    • Glommer's flower
    • Something else
    • It should not change
    • Unlocked via distilled knowledge
    • Moongleam
    • Glommer's wings
    • Purple/red/blue moonlens
    • Green/yellow/orange moonlens
    • Moon shroom
    • Lunar wobster

11 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

I believe it should change the effect rather than the recipe, and Wickbottom should only apply the full moon effect to a certain range of objects around her, rather than changing the entire world.

Yeah i also think this probably wouldve been the better option to begin with. Wouldve avoided all of the current grimoire’s “problems”. The recipe in that case could also stay cheap instead of what it is now. 

Idk how feasible that would be though to implement. Just triggering a regular ole full moon event is most likely waaaaaay simpler to implement.. 

23 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Жёлтая_лунная_линза.png

I like this as well 

I don't know what the perfect recipe might be that works for everyone, but I certainly don't think an iridescent gem is the perfect price/benefit ratio. we jumped from one extreme to the other too quickly from two vulgar moonstones to an iridescent gem that he could very well be using with something else.

In my opinion I think it would be better to keep it somewhere in the point middle.

no i think its easier for klei to implement the safety circle from fortnite, not sure why they took so much effort to make it worldwide, it probably uses up a lot of dedicated ram on their computers :/

EDIT: yes indeed they did use too much dedicated ram proof below

image.png.5a93a3c970b81790f25977c0a7de9fc9.png

in a separate topic, I showed why crafting with lenses wins due to correctness

16 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

The current grimoire recipe is insanely expensive! (and it is very harmful if you steal stones from the archive)

I suggest replacing craft with:

a lens with yellow stones, a lens with green stones and a lens with orange stones (you can also add moon butterfly wings?)

It would solve a whole bunch of problems:

1.problems with cheap price.

2.Problems with too expensive price,

3. problems with looting archives,

4 problems with not using these lenses in crafting

5. and ESPECIALLY the problems with the inability to get a book in a world without caves!

Lunar Grimoire.png

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/141963-i-propose-a-new-in-truth-more-reliable-and-fair-version-of-the-creation-of-the-lunar-grimoire/

3 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

To those who say the full moons aren't that useful, here's a list of a thing you can do with Lunar Grimoire:

• Light on demand. It would be especially useful for sailing. The Terraria bosses are also much better to fight during the full moon. For that matter, for any boss it's better to see the whole arena instead of putting a thousand of dwarf stars. 
  • Unlike the moonstorm, it doesn't slow you down.
  • Meat and pig skin supply from werepigs farms can be gathered at any time you want (4 days to respawn, of course, but it ain't 20).
  • Moon glass on demand. Mass production of glass cutters. No need to wait 20 days. Wickerbottom mains surely love mass production.
  • Killing Glommer every night for Krampus Sack. I know it's not the most eficient way but still a solid option. And Glommer goop has more uses after the last year, so you will actually get at least something out of it. 
  • Easier time management since you're not tied to a strict schedule. It often happens to me that I wanna go to the lunar/caves/whatever to do stuff but then I remember that full moon is in 2 days and I should probably stay to farm werepigs/do moonstone event or whatever.

And there are probably around 20 more things you can do with these books that I'm not creative enough to come up with. It is powerful and the recipe is appropriate. Stop pretending it is a trash item that should be crafted with basic rocks. Better ask Klei to make the book summon the new moon, as well. 

yeah except all of this does not matter early game

you dont have pig farms early game, you have enough glass in cave and lunar, no need to farm more at the beginning, light is already silly, and no one is gonna be at the glommer statue every 8 minutes just to have 1% chance for akrampus sack

There is so many things players need to do to assure their safety in the early game that they dont have time to suddenly have werepig farm

The book's full potential is gained only as the game progresses and so no need to LOCK the book behind atrociously expensive items because its not gonna be used in early days as often

Currently the poll does not confirm the thing you said about balance faction agreeing upon iri gem being an ingredient

9 hours ago, Cassielu said:

I believe it should change the effect rather than the recipe, and Wickbottom should only apply the full moon effect to a certain range of objects around her, rather than changing the entire world.

Why? 

14 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why? 

Mostly to tone down the world altering aspect of summoning a full moon with RoT etc in mind i imagine. From a “lore/immersion” pov. At least thats how i see it and for no other reason. I cant imagine it being changed that drastically at this point though. And klei themselves dont seem to mind the “lore” implications of it otherwise they wouldnt have added it in the first place so..

:wilsontea:

for me personally this “issue” would also be resolved if instead of an opal for every book it would require the activation of the Archives somehow. Either to unlock the recipe, or use a distilled knowledge in the recipe or astral detector or whatever other way to make it dependent on the Archives without encouraging literal looting of the place :lol:

Some things should require some effort. Some things need to have use. And some things should be not overdramatised. Is not that bad, not everything should be easy and deleting 90% of game difficulty. Especially is someone ever complained that DST is too easy. (If anyone gonna respond to that with complain "recipe too hard" while ever complained "game too easy, needs more survival" save my time and don't tell me I am wrong, please).

Archived