I propose a new, in truth, more reliable and fair version of the creation of the Lunar Grimoire!

The current grimoire recipe is insanely expensive! (and it is very harmful if you steal stones from the archive)

I suggest replacing craft with:

a lens with yellow stones,  moon butterfly 

It would solve a whole bunch of problems:

1.problems with cheap price.

2.Problems with too expensive price,

3. problems with looting archives,

4 problems with not using these lenses in crafting

5. and ESPECIALLY the problems with the inability to get a book in a world without caves!

Dodo.png

Still seems excessive. If you wanna go that route, I'd take the green and orange moonlenses out of the recipe (remember that's 9 moon rock total). I'm personally more of a fan of it requiring a purple moonlens.

25 minutes ago, h2mk said:

wouldnt call it cheaper

this is obviously cheaper than an iridescent gem, given that the employee Star Caller's Staff and  Deconstruction Staff are expended (they also cost resources) + no contradictions for the story quest

5 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Still seems excessive. If you wanna go that route, I'd take the green and orange moonlenses out of the recipe (remember that's 9 moon rock total). I'm personally more of a fan of it requiring a purple moonlens.

lenses with purple stones are used in many places and they are too easy to get, and there have been no crafting with green and yellow ones yet (+ no one canceled the extraction of dragon flies)

5 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Iridescent gem is cheaper than your proposed changes lol plus once made the book helps get more iridescent gems.

Iridescent Gem does not solve the problems of looting archives and worlds without caves

And the craft I proposed is equivalent to Iridescent Gem and will not allow players to abuse the book at the beginning of survival

Just now, Creatorofswamps said:

Iridescent Gem does not solve the problems of looting archives and worlds without caves

Worlds without caves locks out the whole moon quest anyway so its fitting the book also gets cut off, plus who plays with caves off? If your laptop cant run dst you have bigger problems than the cost of wickers books lol

Literally no problem looting the archives, gives more of a reason to explore for them and its not like the book doesnt help get more gems. 

Anyone can troll an steal the gems regardless.. looting the archives was always a thing

16 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Worlds without caves locks out the whole moon quest anyway so its fitting the book also gets cut off, plus who plays with caves off? If your laptop cant run dst you have bigger problems than the cost of wickers books lol

Literally no problem looting the archives, gives more of a reason to explore for them and its not like the book doesnt help get more gems. 

Anyone can troll an steal the gems regardless.. looting the archives was always a thing

for many of my friends and acquaintances, dst works quietly until you turn on the caves...+ caves are a huge load on the server, not everyone wants to play with them, but this is a different topic.  the plot quests and the ability of the character are different things, and it was not right to use the item that is specifically needed as part of the quest. I adjusted the crafting, and now it is completely equivalent to Iridescent Gem, or am I wrong?

3 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

for many of my friends and acquaintances, dst works quietly until you turn on the caves...+ caves are a huge load on the server, not everyone wants to play with them, but this is a different topic.  the plot quests and the ability of the character are different things, and it was not right to use the item that is specifically needed as part of the quest. I adjusted the crafting, and now it is completely equivalent to Iridescent Gem, or am I wrong?

Plot quests and character abilities are different??? Dst is first and foremost a sandbox survival game, you use all that is given to you, including the 2 iridescent gems that the world rewards you for exploring, the story or quests in this game have very minor ingame narratives, seemingly by design. Im just glad the iridescent gems actually can be used in crafting now.

The adjusted crafting is not equivalent to the iridescent gem at all, its far more expensive and doesn't make sense to the lore of the game. Iridescent gem is moon related, green and yellow gem are not.

Edit: if klei didnt want people to have the option to unsocket the iridescent gems from the pedestal when creating the archive they would of locked them in place.......... otherwise its free to use by anyone

31 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Plot quests and character abilities are different??? Dst is first and foremost a sandbox survival game, you use all that is given to you, including the 2 iridescent gems that the world rewards you for exploring, the story or quests in this game have very minor ingame narratives, seemingly by design. Im just glad the iridescent gems actually can be used in crafting now.

The adjusted crafting is not equivalent to the iridescent gem at all, its far more expensive and doesn't make sense to the lore of the game. Iridescent gem is moon related, green and yellow gem are not.

Edit: if klei didnt want people to have the option to unsocket the iridescent gems from the pedestal when creating the archive they would of locked them in place.......... otherwise its free to use by anyone

klei initially did not plan to add Iridescent Gem, this was due to the fact that the forum goes from extreme to extreme. this is a rework and not a global update, if you use Iridescent Gem in recipes, then in a more glabal update and in a more generally accessible thing, believe me, it will be much easier for new or ordinary people to use this, albeit more expensive, but more understandable and driven craft than trying to craft a staff, then another, change on the platform and then with a staff break the staff, and tell me do you really hate people who can't afford to play with caves? and yes, lunar lenses are literally the personification of the moon, created from the moon, what is the illogic?

considering that you will spend less precious stones on making this craft than on making staffs for Iridescent Gem

I prefer iridescent and my reason is: there almost no other use for that gem. Also I think that lunar book is sort of upgrade to the two light books - gives special global light to the surface, not just for a spot. Instead for caveless worlds and others would be greater, if there was a chance to get rare green staff or yellow staff form sunken chests (instead of tons of rods...).

24 minutes ago, Lil K said:

Sorry but if I needed 1 green gem and 1 yellow gem to make this book, I would rather just go to the ruins, make a ton of star caller's staff and life goes on.

you spend yellow stones on a staff to create an Iridescent Gem + not everyone has access to caves

9 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I prefer iridescent and my reason is: there almost no other use for that gem. Also I think that lunar book is sort of upgrade to the two light books - gives special global light to the surface, not just for a spot. Instead for caveless worlds and others would be greater, if there was a chance to get rare green staff or yellow staff form sunken chests (instead of tons of rods...).

finally, at least someone used "criticize but suggest" as we say. adding stuff to treasures doesn't sound like the worst alternative.^-^

I don't know if make people without cave be able to access every character specific item is a priority, Warly won't be able to ever make Glow Berry Mousse without cave anyway and Walter can't make cursed rounds without cave.

(Which I do think Walter should be able to make cursed rounds without ancient science station btw, if Wolfgang of all people can make Gembell from Thulecite without station, Walter should be able to too)

7 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

hey, isn't there a mod for this? i forgot what it was called but i think someone should link it for people on laptops that want to play the game fully

44 minutes ago, xxXolot said:

I don't know if make people without cave be able to access every character specific item is a priority, Warly won't be able to ever make Glow Berry Mousse without cave anyway and Walter can't make cursed rounds without cave.

(Which I do think Walter should be able to make cursed rounds without ancient science station btw, if Wolfgang of all people can make Gembell from Thulecite without station, Walter should be able to too)

so yes, but we are now talking about such a thing as the summoning of the full moon, it is much bigger and more epic than a dish or balls (which are rarely made by anyone).

7 minutes ago, h2mk said:

hey, isn't there a mod for this? i forgot what it was called but i think someone should link it for people on laptops that want to play the game fully

Ky^^ I don't quite understand what fashion you are talking about, apparently the translator is not doing his job well. mods, of course, are super, but again, many people grab the way the developers themselves intended, that is, without mods affecting the gameplay

5 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Ky^^ I don't quite understand what fashion you are talking about, apparently the translator is not doing his job well. mods, of course, are super, but again, many people grab the way the developers themselves intended, that is, without mods affecting the gameplay

:wilson_cry: I believe that there is a mod that fixes caves and surface running seperately in singleplayer worlds, however I forgot what it was called. I think if anyone else knows about it, then it would be helpful for laptop users.

5 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

and now ^-^?

Since the deconstruction staff has 5 uses, and so does the construction amulet, not necessarily. I do think though that it would be nice if Klei fixed caves for singleplayer laptop users.

Let's do gem math!! This calculation does not count non-gem ingredient.

Current:
5 Lunar Grimoire = 5 Iridescent Gem = 10 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem (one staff can make 5)
1 Lunar Grimoire = 2 Yellow Gem + 0.4 Green Gem 

Same result can be get if we count 1 use of staff as 0.4 Green Gem

Most Efficient Current: 
4 Lunar Grimoire = 4 Iridescent Gem
= 4 Yellow Gem(make with amulet) + 1 Green Gem for amulet + 1 Green Gem for staff (make with amulet)
= 4 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem with 1 use left for deconstruct staff (1 use is 0.2 Green Gem)
= 4 Yellow Gem + 1.8 Green Gem
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Yellow Gem + 0.45 Green Gem

Purposed change:
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Yellow Gem + 1 Green Gem

The current recipe is actually more cheaper than your change! Not to mention Green Gem is usually rarer than Yellow Gem in surface word because they are rarer in Sunken Chest... but one probably don't need 4 book so let's see other scenario:

If we are just making one for Efficient Current:
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Iridescent Gem
= 1 Yellow Gem(make with amulet) + 1 Green Gem for amulet + 1 Green Gem for staff (make with amulet)
= 1 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem with 3 use of amulet left and 4 use of staff left which is 3 use, 3 * 0.2 = 0.6 Green Gem
= 1 yellow Gem + 0.6 Green Gem

If we are just making two for Efficient Current:
2 Lunar Grimoire = 2 Iridescent Gem
= 2 Yellow Gem(make with amulet) + 1 Green Gem for amulet + 1 Green Gem for staff (make with amulet)
= 2 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem with 2 use of amulet left and 3 use of staff left which is 5 use, 5 * 0.2 = 1 Green Gem
= 2 yellow Gem + 1 Green Gem
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Yellow Gem + 0.5 Green Gem

If we are just making three for Efficient Current:
3 Lunar Grimoire = 3 Iridescent Gem
= 3 Yellow Gem(make with amulet) + 1 Green Gem for amulet + 1 Green Gem for staff (make with amulet)
= 3 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem with 1 use of amulet left and 2 use of staff left which is 7 use, 7 * 0.2 = 1.4 Green Gem
= 3 yellow Gem + 1.4 Green Gem
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Yellow Gem + 0.47 Green Gem

Any way you look at it the original current recipe is actually still cheaper, hm.

1 hour ago, h2mk said:

Yup! It's called "Don't Starve Alone" by 老王天天写bug

2 hours ago, xxXolot said:

Let's do gem math!! This calculation does not count non-gem ingredient.

Current:
5 Lunar Grimoire = 5 Iridescent Gem = 10 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem (one staff can make 5)
1 Lunar Grimoire = 2 Yellow Gem + 0.4 Green Gem 

Same result can be get if we count 1 use of staff as 0.4 Green Gem

Most Efficient Current: 
4 Lunar Grimoire = 4 Iridescent Gem
= 4 Yellow Gem(make with amulet) + 1 Green Gem for amulet + 1 Green Gem for staff (make with amulet)
= 4 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem with 1 use left for deconstruct staff (1 use is 0.2 Green Gem)
= 4 Yellow Gem + 1.8 Green Gem
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Yellow Gem + 0.45 Green Gem

Purposed change:
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Yellow Gem + 1 Green Gem

The current recipe is actually more cheaper than your change! Not to mention Green Gem is usually rarer than Yellow Gem in surface word because they are rarer in Sunken Chest... but one probably don't need 4 book so let's see other scenario:

If we are just making one for Efficient Current:
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Iridescent Gem
= 1 Yellow Gem(make with amulet) + 1 Green Gem for amulet + 1 Green Gem for staff (make with amulet)
= 1 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem with 3 use of amulet left and 4 use of staff left which is 3 use, 3 * 0.2 = 0.6 Green Gem
= 1 yellow Gem + 0.6 Green Gem

If we are just making two for Efficient Current:
2 Lunar Grimoire = 2 Iridescent Gem
= 2 Yellow Gem(make with amulet) + 1 Green Gem for amulet + 1 Green Gem for staff (make with amulet)
= 2 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem with 2 use of amulet left and 3 use of staff left which is 5 use, 5 * 0.2 = 1 Green Gem
= 2 yellow Gem + 1 Green Gem
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Yellow Gem + 0.5 Green Gem

If we are just making three for Efficient Current:
3 Lunar Grimoire = 3 Iridescent Gem
= 3 Yellow Gem(make with amulet) + 1 Green Gem for amulet + 1 Green Gem for staff (make with amulet)
= 3 Yellow Gem + 2 Green Gem with 1 use of amulet left and 2 use of staff left which is 7 use, 7 * 0.2 = 1.4 Green Gem
= 3 yellow Gem + 1.4 Green Gem
1 Lunar Grimoire = 1 Yellow Gem + 0.47 Green Gem

Any way you look at it the original current recipe is actually still cheaper, hm.

wow, you put so much effort into calculating everything :0, thank you for your efforts. it's hard to argue with you, I think my option is a bit more expensive, but it is more aimed at protecting archives from theft, expanding the use of these lenses and allowing them to be used on the surface. thanks again for your efforts ^-^ do you think replacing with 1 lens with yellow stone and moon butterfly wings, then it won't be too cheaply?

13 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

wow, you put so much effort into calculating everything :0, thank you for your efforts. it's hard to argue with you, I think my option is a bit more expensive, but it is more aimed at protecting archives from theft, expanding the use of these lenses and allowing them to be used on the surface. thanks again for your efforts ^-^ do you think replacing with 1 lens with yellow stone and moon butterfly wings, then it won't be too cheaply?

Yep I can totally see where you are coming from! And on top of your reason, the 1 yellow lens and 1 green lens recipe, although it's more expensive on gem standard, it actually has an advantage over Iridescent Gem: one does not have to do any of the Moon Staff event hassle (waiting / fighting) to get the book according to this recipe.

I think one yellow lens + moon butterfly is very reasonable to ask for :encouragement:

35 minutes ago, xxXolot said:

Yep I can totally see where you are coming from! And on top of your reason, the 1 yellow lens and 1 green lens recipe, although it's more expensive on gem standard, it actually has an advantage over Iridescent Gem: one does not have to do any of the Moon Staff event hassle (waiting / fighting) to get the book according to this recipe.

I think one yellow lens + moon butterfly is very reasonable to ask for :encouragement:

:wilson_love::wilson_blush::wilson_flower::wilson_love:

Archived