There should be a way for Wicker to get Winter Feast tree gifts

Since she cannot be put to sleep in anyways now, and Winter Feast is so rewarding and fun that some players would even let it on all the time, I feel bad for Wicker (and Wicker players) to be cut out from such an enjoying part of the game. That says if devs are going to hang on to this NO SLEEP thing, I really hope there's an alternate way for Wicker to get her own share of Winter Feast gifts. Or just, you know, it's not that big a deal or OP in anyways to bring back her "ability" to be forced to sleep by magical stuff.

Playing Wickerbottom in Winter's Feast has always been painful. I was mostly relying on friends to give me their gifts from time to time, and that is the spirit of Winter's Feast, isn't it? Having to eat mutated mushrooms to collapse at the right spot and the right time was hard!
That been said, she's now completely immune to sleep, and that's a real advantage. Maybe her inability to get gifts from Festive Trees is Wickerbottom's real downside.

I would really love for her to have an exhaustion mechanic, as in: the player themselves can’t get her to sleep by any means at all however after so long without sleep she just passes out and takes a small nap like cooking or eating a Mandrake.. 

Perhaps she can even have quotes Similar to Wanda’s Aging like “I feel a bit tired..” “Can’t hold my eyes open..” “ZzZ- I’m dozing off” and then Finally after passing out and waking up “Thank Goodness I thought I’d never get to sleep!”

There would be no way for the player to prevent this exhaustion mechanic- it would work similar to how characters in State of Decay 2 continue to lose Stamina until they get proper rest. (Which for Wicker would only be possible when she collapses from exhaustion)

This allows the player to “Time” their naps so they can get WintersFeast gifts on X night every other night.

I love this idea a whole lot better than not being able to sleep at all period.

I wonder if her insomnia is linked to her lore. It would make sense that her library burning would trigger PTSD, especially if she was dozing when it happened, making it impossible for her to sleep once she entered the Constant.

12 hours ago, PuffinBy said:

Since she cannot be put to sleep in anyways now, and Winter Feast is so rewarding and fun that some players would even let it on all the time, I feel bad for Wicker (and Wicker players) to be cut out from such an enjoying part of the game. That says if devs are going to hang on to this NO SLEEP thing, I really hope there's an alternate way for Wicker to get her own share of Winter Feast gifts. Or just, you know, it's not that big a deal or OP in anyways to bring back her "ability" to be forced to sleep by magical stuff.

Maybe she should deal double damage to Klaus in anger and just steal the gifts from him

13 hours ago, Sapientis said:

My head cannon is that Wickerbottom doesn't receive gifts because she, in fact, leaves them under the tree for other survivors to enjoy.

1549262144_SantaWickerbottom.thumb.png.f21087a8ab9c327be11b54414084008a.png

Her birthday on 6th of december only solidifies this idea.

Never thought of it that way, that would be so sweet of our loving grandma.

YES please! I'm a Wickerbottom main but I'm also a simple human being who likes the dopamin spikes from opening lootboxes, please don't take that joy away from WF and force me to play a terrible mobile game for it instead, Klei.

1 hour ago, Duck986 said:

don't see any real reason of doing so, because every of these items can be gotten during regular playthrough:

image.png.8fdf38b2c316955fad1acb48909709ab.png

With current iteration of Lunar Grimoire maybe she should be able to get some Yellow or Green Gems, ijs...

Spoiler

992338060_LunarWickerbottomAscension.thumb.png.29d9b5c9a40789113a596edbb59b85dc.png

On 7/17/2022 at 11:07 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I would really love for her to have an exhaustion mechanic, as in: the player themselves can’t get her to sleep by any means at all however after so long without sleep she just passes out and takes a small nap like cooking or eating a Mandrake.. 

Perhaps she can even have quotes Similar to Wanda’s Aging like “I feel a bit tired..” “Can’t hold my eyes open..” “ZzZ- I’m dozing off” and then Finally after passing out and waking up “Thank Goodness I thought I’d never get to sleep!”

There would be no way for the player to prevent this exhaustion mechanic- it would work similar to how characters in State of Decay 2 continue to lose Stamina until they get proper rest. (Which for Wicker would only be possible when she collapses from exhaustion)

This allows the player to “Time” their naps so they can get WintersFeast gifts on X night every other night.

I love this idea a whole lot better than not being able to sleep at all period.

I posted about this mechanic or something similar a while back. It also aligns with the drawback and also changes fundamentals of how players play the game. They'd have to sleep to prevent that exhaustion or wait until exhaustion is recovered before going out into fighting. Compared to Wilson it drastically changes gameplay similar to how Wormwood, Warly, and Wanda change the gameplay compared to Wilson / any other survivor.

Archived