pirate raid feedback

hello besties of the forums.

klei, please give pirate raids a minimum cooldown.

i believe the chance for a raid to happen is per player(edit: nevermind this is not true), me and my friend(s) just had like 5-9 raids happen back to back to the 4 of us(i lost count) while we were waiting for other friends to get on so we could fight crab king, but ended up having to deal for a day with raids.

my friend tried the best tactic praying to god saying 'inshallah' before setting sail once again (meaning 'If God wills it')

spoiler alert: God did not will it. a raid happened a literal second after he sent that message

unknown.png

I am going to therapy after this update.

12 minutes ago, Hornete said:

my friend(s) just had like 5-9 raids happen back to back to the 4 of us

It hurt... It hurt so much...

So...so many Monkeys... so many...

12 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I am going to therapy after this update.

I think we all are.

Spoiler

Monkey_Induced_PTSD.png.d2138160cd03e86a6fe97c35b36386f3.png

okay, my dear friend, you have realized that this raid is so frequent, so intense, and so wide that it is impossible to have a momentary rest at all on ocean, finally, a week after my post.

In terms of intensity, it is more powerful than a hound raid: both 4 or 5 minions and an elite mob, but the monkey is stronger than the hound.

In terms of frequency, this raid can even come more than twice a day.  Balanced hound raids are often more than ten days from its last coming.

From the range, if the monkey island is in the corner of the map, then it occupies about 25% of the map area, but the monkey island could generated in the center of the world in the ring map, and its scope will exceed 50% of the world size.

100% sure it needs some tweaking in frequency/strength/range.:wilson_horror:

I believe Klei has put in better ways to deal with them.

But even in beta no one will easily figure it out.

Can't you just put them to sleep?

I've heard that if a monkey manages to steal a banana they'll be satisfied and leave you alone. I haven't tested this yet.

There should definitley be some kind of cooldown. Maybe the Prime Mate could gain the ability to call for reinforcements if you dont stop him fast enough if they want to keep the chaotic feel more in check

Or maybe there should be a way to bait pirate raiders to your location for players who are bored on the ocean and want to face a challenge.

1 hour ago, Cursed Name said:

I believe Klei has put in better ways to deal with them.

But even in beta no one will easily figure it out.

Can't you just put them to sleep?

I've heard that if a monkey manages to steal a banana they'll be satisfied and leave you alone. I haven't tested this yet.

I'm aware, I found those things out. To be clear, I didn't actually have trouble with the raids personally(my friends did though as you can see the ghost wanda :troll:) God bless Wormwood's bramble husk. But it's a bit ridiculous that you can get so many raids in such a quick succession, in my case it became more annoyance rather than an actual challenge, all I personally want is a minimum of a one day cooldown and I'm happy. Currently the cooldown is from anywhere from 0-5 days (this timer goes down quicker depending on how close to the island you are). I think it's a bit silly that it could theoretically be .5 days before another raid has a chance to happen. Just 1-5 days would satisfy me personally.

1 hour ago, sudoku said:

There should definitley be some kind of cooldown. Maybe the Prime Mate could gain the ability to call for reinforcements if you dont stop him fast enough if they want to keep the chaotic feel more in check

Or maybe there should be a way to bait pirate raiders to your location for players who are bored on the ocean and want to face a challenge.

i think that killing the captain should put the raids on cooldown so you can do stuff arround the biome (imagine having ck arround their territory) but if they scape they shouldnt have cooldown so you can get another raid and be able to get the map by killing the captain and recover your stuff

with a coold down i wont see another nerf needed, they are weaker than any seasonal boss so 1 fight every many days isnt that big of a deal at all

22 hours ago, dish-order man said:

the monkey island could generated in the center of the world in the ring map, and its scope will exceed 50% of the world size.

Wait really? So what you say is that In donut worlds the monkey island could be at center lake? Can anyone share a picture of that?

Actually I think that would be kinda awesome.

26 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wait really? So what you say is that In donut worlds the monkey island could be at center lake? Can anyone share a picture of that?

Actually I think that would be kinda awesome.

yes of course you can. just make the branches never and loops always, you will get a map that the monkey island in the center of the map.

actually, there are many players doing so to get the moon island in the center so that they dont have to sail so far to found it.

Spoiler

1527688231_QQ20220626220729.thumb.png.dd26dc000b2fb6b527bd4dbace38ae1b.png

and there is the 800,600 and 300 range that is 1 times, 3 times and 9 times timer of pirate raids, respectively

Spoiler

800.thumb.png.bfd52f27738306a2df3c3cbe20edb949.png

Spoiler

600.thumb.png.429deb1f97351fb620939a57d4227450.png

Spoiler

300.thumb.png.0f30f71d2d928ee4edf909d300eb1a95.png

How did i knew something related to monkeys would be so unbearable?

Honestly i am sick of having to sail back and fourth to uncurse myself, only to either die from stunlock or be forced to go back and uncurse myself again... And to expirience the whole process once again. If they want me to play as Wonky, at least give him something more interesting Klei!

Archived