Where do we go to ask Klei about modded skins?

So I'm thinking of using API Modded Skins to make a different variation to the Walter Skin for his Hallowed Nights outfit as I don't really like how bland it is so here's the difference between the tw o:  

wallllter.thumb.PNG.548aaa6669f6cffa44c6b421704e5b87.PNGBEEEE.PNG.7c4db8216801b535e4b175347146911a.PNG

I wouldn't trace or reuse images either even though it'd look funky but I really want to know if it's okay and how far the no making official vanilla skins goes since this will mainly be used for myself and probably will be marked under unlisted. I will not be making money off of this either.

IIRC you can only make skins of things that are added in mods, and no non-head skins for characters

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can make a skin for Walter unless you literally added a new character who is just identical to Walter but has the skin 

It might be totally different even then if you really dont plan on publishing it or anything... one of the api nerds will probably have answers to that

as far I know we cannot reskin stuff from game and character specific skins. Even combatibility skins for mod entities/items sometimes feels like gray area. So anyway you cannot change head but you can make bee costiume for "any character"

On 6/26/2022 at 7:22 PM, BezKa said:

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029556052-Modding-Guidelines

Screenshots_2022-06-27-01-19-08.thumb.png.40618e09db1f944846c6d7cc469ae1b2.png

This is the closest I found to an answer to your question.

That doesn't fit at all because I'm using API Skins which adds clothes to the shirt, gloves, pants and shoes slot but it also helps making custom skins for characters who have a headbase or items like hay walls. This mod was made by Hornet so if I get a no from them I won't be able to make it and if I get a no from Klei I will not make it. I am not just copying Wurt 100% just giving it out for free you still need Wurt to use skins OF Wurt if I remember correctly.

Archived