So is it confirmed that Wagstaff is trying to help the survivors?

Didn't want to post this in General Discussion, as there might be people who want to avoid spoilers. The character quotes make it obvious that the Unnatural Portal and the monkey island are all Wagstaff's doing, even if they were the result of a failed experiment. So does this mean that our mad scientist actually tried to create a portal out of the Constant? Was it because he wanted to help our survivors or was it simply another experiment just for scientific purposes, and the survivors are just playthings for him at this point? Did he use the lunar energy he harvested from the Celestial Champion?

I'm hyped for all the lore, so feel free to discuss your thoughts here:D I personally think that Wagstaff is just experimenting for his own goals, and he doesn't care that the survivors are destined to suffer from his actions. The Unnatural Portal doesn't only seem to be a way in, but also a (failed) way out of the Constant. So I believe that Wagstaff is still obsessed with bringing the Constant's magic into the real world in a reliable manner, whatever the consequences.

11 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

Didn't want to post this in General Discussion, as there might be people who want to avoid spoilers. The character quotes make it obvious that the Unnatural Portal and the monkey island are all Wagstaff's doing, even if they were the result of a failed experiment. So does this mean that our mad scientist actually tried to create a portal out of the Constant? Was it because he wanted to help our survivors or was it simply another experiment just for scientific purposes, and the survivors are just playthings for him at this point? Did he use the lunar energy he harvested from the Celestial Champion?

I'm hyped for all the lore, so feel free to discuss your thoughts here:D I personally think that Wagstaff is just experimenting for his own goals, and he doesn't care that the survivors are destined to suffer from his actions. The Unnatural Portal doesn't only seem to be a way in, but also a (failed) way out of the Constant. So I believe that Wagstaff is still obsessed with bringing the Constant's magic into the real world in a reliable manner, whatever the consequences.

I bet Wagstaffs main motive is monk  e curse

Having ability to turn into a monk   e is worth taking all those risks of destroying worlds and universe itself

It doesn't look like he cares about anything to do with helping the survivors. He literally snags the lunar energy each time ya do Celestial champion, he doens't have his full form inside the Constant from what it seems to be in threat of dying. Nothing seems to phase him besides most objects cause he's just part hologram.

He's just doing weird experiments by tearing rifts in the Constant trying to probably achieve Shadow Throne's power or some other thing he's after cause of his wild fascination over nightmare fuel. Could be that he's now more interested in the lunar energy but doubt. Probably he's using it also just to overthrow Charlie, maybe.

Perhaps. I don't know. There's nothing specific that we'd know what he's up to. Too early to speculate anything further really cause this year we're just getting a setup before next big batch of updates, which this upcoming one kinda is telling something that he's wrecking things up right now.

Maybe he try to connect the two world, and the unnatural portal have that lunar spark so I think it pretty clear he use some of that energy to open this portal.

mmmmmm

definitly is a portal designed to go somewhere else

perhaps a bootleg ancient gateway/sealed portal that didn't worked

my guess is that is a failed wagstaff experiment and he just gave up trying to fix the portal

i would assume the portal infact leads to shipwreck and the monkeys got through the portal as well, thing are constantly getting suck in from there as well
wagstaff is likely to blame, i dont trust that guy, why you think my avatar is him? i need to keep a close eye on him

He just wanted to chill in Shipwrecked, so he kicked the monkeys to our world for some peace.

Next move: the volcano.

1 minute ago, chincer said:

i would assume the portal infact leads to shipwreck and the monkeys got through the portal as well, thing are constantly getting suck in from there as well
wagstaff is likely to blame, i dont trust that guy, why you think my avatar is him? i need to keep a close eye on him

See, I knew it.

To me this looks like Wagstaff is becoming this 'default explanation' in dst's lore
-How did survivors end up in the Constant? Wagstaff (directly or indirectly)

-Why is this thing here? Wagstaff

-What is the new content amassing to? Wagstaff

Maybe that's just my bias since I've seen something similar already happen to Purple Guy/William Afton in fnaf games and wouldn't wish that upon Wagstaff

Don't get me wrong, I like the addition of the portal and it was obvious that he would return

It's just that.. what's the lore behind that? Did that happen after the events of RoT or prior to them? Was Wagstaff trying to find the Throne Room and accidentaly made a rift to a better timeline where Klei still cared about ds and its dlcs? Can't he just hologram his way through the Constant, isn't the rod with his radio still somewhere near the Throne?

Like I said, at this point it's Wagstaff who is the main antagonist of dst and Charlie in't even a minor one, she's straight up just a side character now

43 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

To me this looks like Wagstaff is becoming this 'default explanation' in dst's lore
-How did survivors end up in the Constant? Wagstaff (directly or indirectly)

I don’t think having someone be the name pin for a lot of the story is inherently a bad thing my favourite book series of all time “20th century boys” does this perfectly but with wagstaff I don’t think the problem is that he caused it, it’s that it is sometimes a very lazy explanation for why things happen  the way they do. The same thing is what happened with fnaf with William Afton but I see the problem more with how lazy the explanations can be and not that it’s all just wagstaff

(We also have not much ideas of his goals unlike we had with maxwell which is a lot worse IMO)

for my two cents he doesnt care if they die or if they live all hes doing is using them as test subjects or lab rats to further his study in the constant but mainly the lunar aspects of the constant hes probably gonna be the villain of the third dst arc anyways so we will probably fight him or atleast a creation from him 

Archived