What do you think the Sealed Portal will do / lead to? (pick all that you think can happen)

What do you think the Sealed Portal will do / lead to? (pick all that you think can happen)  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Sealed Portal will do / lead to? (pick all that you think can happen)

• New shard world (like Forest, Caves)
    • Portal to a new to-be-revealed area in Caves
    • Portal to a thriving world like in Hamlet
    • Portal to a deeper underworld of the ancients
    • Portal to the moon
    • Portal to a Gestalt-Nightmare world
    • Be able to upgrade glass cutters/glass axes, or craft new glass items
    • Be able to combine nightmare fuel with moon glass
    • New way to get salt
    • Solo & group minigames (like small versions of Forge/Gorge)
    • New boss fight
    • Adventure to find Wagstaff and get Wagstaff weapons/armor/technologies
    • Trade-in-an-item recycling machine / repair-to-100% machine
    • Home
    • No one (not even Klei) knows yet.

I checked three options :

• home, as stated by quotes from the survivors,
  • a new boss, cause I think we might have to defeat either Charlie or Wagstaff depending on the direction Klei intends,
  • a new way to get salt. Because I think no matter what, there will always be people not liking the direction choosed as it is a very divisive subject :calm:
Spoiler

To be honest, I would prefer the game no to have an ending, I really like the atmosphere : being trapped and trying to improve your survivability. I think a way to end the game would not add a lot, and furthermore might change the view on some content as "options" and not main content. While it's true there always have been content linked to the main story, I think if any content comes after the end will be introduced, it just won't hit the same spot.

It's strange I know. Just my feeling.

Warbucks will emerge bearing the 10 commandments as dictated by Charlie.

He will then part the sea, commencing a new age where ghestalt little boys and shadow little girls can grow up being friends.

However, unknown to those enjoying a new golden age.  Wes will silently be sowing the seeds of distrust with his dirty, dirty miming amongst the populace. 

Before long people will become distrustful of Warbucks and his holy ten commandments. How can there be peace so easily? Doesn't it seem fish-y? Is the other side trying to lower their guard?

As the rumors spread so do their anger, as old wounds arise from dark times thought to be forgotten. They will come to point their fingers at Warbucks, as Wes sneers and jeers silently in the background. It was you who has ruined our peace! It was you all along!

Then will come the horrible day when those overcome by their boiling emotions, take action against the man who was once their savior. They will fashion him a cross of two wooden planks and nail him to it.  

Warbucks, forever a merciful martyr, will weep for their sins. Knowing that they came to commit such an atrocious act because they are weak and cowardly, unable to take responsibility for their past. From then on that day will be known the day of mourning and the day of eternal repetence. A sacrifice made in vain and days that which were to be forever joyful, instead tainted in blood. The words will spread far and wide to remind humanity of it stupidity and of its ignorance. Let no man, woman or child forget! Lest we tread that dark and loathsome path again.

9 hours ago, Caochu said:

I checked three options :

• home, as stated by quotes from the survivors,
  • a new boss, cause I think we might have to defeat either Charlie or Wagstaff depending on the direction Klei intends,
  • a new way to get salt. Because I think no matter what, there will always be people not liking the direction choosed as it is a very divisive subject :calm:
  Reveal hidden contents

To be honest, I would prefer the game no to have an ending, I really like the atmosphere : being trapped and trying to improve your survivability. I think a way to end the game would not add a lot, and furthermore might change the view on some content as "options" and not main content. While it's true there always have been content linked to the main story, I think if any content comes after the end will be introduced, it just won't hit the same spot.

It's strange I know. Just my feeling.

Salt from players or the actual resource?

5 hours ago, Baark0 said:

Salt from players or the actual resource?

From players haha (joke)

I was surprised to see the option related to salt that i felt I had to make a joke about it. It felt a bit like coming out of nowhere, at least for me

Archived