Survivors dropping specific items upon death.

01010111 01000101 01001100 01000011 01001111 01001101 01000101 00100000 01000110 01001100 01000101 01010011 01001000 01001100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100001

Stimulated by recent changes to WX-78 (dropping 1/3 to 1/2 of all Gears consumed upon death) I found myself asking famous "what if?" question about other survivors dropping their respective, characteristic items when they become survivors-no-more.

Here's what I came up with:

Wilson
Should drop at least some Beard Hair, dependent on his Magnificent Beard stage. If not all 1/3/9 I'd be happy if it was even 1/2/4 (which is half rounded up).
My thoughts about it go back to first deaths with just tens of hours in the game, when Caves were the scariest thing after Deerclops and Beard Hair was a valuable resource. Playing Wilson really was a choice to shave Beard off and freeze in Winter but have Beard Hair for an Effigy or die to Deerclops and lose all 9 so precious Hair (or so my friends and I used to think).

Willow
Could drop some Ash. Nothing useful, just a character flavour, because she is, after all, The Firestarter.

Wolfgang
Long Pig amount should be dependent on his Mighty Meter when he dies.
Probably that magical Potato from his Mighty Gym, which so conveniently happens to have the Potatoes included.

Wendy
Maybe a single Mourning Glory to indicate her bereavement towards Abigail.

WX-78
Already drops Gears ready for the re-consumption ;)

Wickerbottom
She could drop a Feather Pencil used to publish all those Books while this ridiculous opera singer wastes new pencils for every soliloquy transcription.
(But we all know she will probably get something more interesting to drop linked with her special Bookshelf item and Book Meter, so I'll leave your imagination to fill this space.)

Woodie
Already drops Lucy if she means anything to him and he remembers to carry his annoying beloved Axe.
But I guess he could drop some additional logs/twigs indicating his previous... eating habits.

Wes
(But he could drop a single Balloon he had hidden... somewhere)

Maxwell
He should drop Petals, or even Dark Petals he has in his boutonnière. He really is that dapper!

Wigfrid
Nothing particular but maybe a single Fried Drumstick she had stuck in a pocket and forgot about would indicate her taste for poultry.

Webber
Along with human drops (which is a Skeleton), they should drop whatever a Spider drops (50% Monster Meat, 25% Silk, 25% Spider Gland), and similarly to Wilson dependent on the stage of Silky Smooth Beard 1/3/6 or at least 1/2/3 Silk.

Winona
Could drop a piece of her Trusty Tape, but who really dies as Winona when there's Celestial Portal, right?

Warly
Could drop a little of his favourite Seasoning, which would probably be Garlic Powder - relevant quote: "Without garlic powder, life is not worth living."

Wortox
A single piece of Charcoal could indicate his mischievous nature and ensnared foul soul of Krampus (I don't know about that 1% for sack though, Wanda already tortures some other survivors for Living Logs... Or so the rumour has it...)

Wormwood
This is where I might have got carried away a little, but I think Wormwood should yield Living Logs dependent on his hp right before death (so for example dying when he's at 100 health would make him drop 5 Living Logs), he should not, in fact, spawn a Skeleton, as he's "an amalgam of vines given sentience by lunar magic", but in the place where he dies the Gem imbued with said lunar force plants itself (if the turf allows it, it can also be planted manually by other Survivors) and after a day a new Wormwood's own Vine Effigy (you read it here first) is ready for Wormwood Ghost to Haunt and return back to life similarly to how Meat Effigy resurrects the fallen Survivor.

Wurt
With recent Wurt WX-78 rework I almost waited for Wurt to drop a Freshater Fish and Frog Legs upon death (just for the record: I don't hate Merms, we're just talking about death here). I think she should drop just the Frog Legs, as she gets benefits from carrying living fish with her already, therefore it should only drop if she has her pet on her.

Walter
Poop Pellets (don't ask me, I did not come up with that item, Walter just plays with poop and isn't even slightly ashamed of it).

Wanda
Dropping Time Pieces would probably be a little too much, especially in multiplayer scenario, but she is already too powerful, so whatever... As a payback I'd say her Second Chance Watch should be crafted with at least two Time Pieces, consuming one upon being Haunted by Wanda's Ghost, so farming Time Pieces by dying would be still ineffective while playing alone (besides there's Celestial Portal so what Time Pieces again?).

Some Survivors surely were an afterthought when I decided to flesh out something for every one of them, so I am truly eager to read your ideas and overall thoughts on this new dropping-upon-death mechanic and my take on it.

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so killing and eating aware and civilized creatures is child friendly but eating meat from your friend is bad... damn civilization

Even "better":

Killing your friends is fine, but eating them is not

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so killing and eating aware and civilized creatures is child friendly but eating meat from your friend is bad... damn civilization

Im still hoping for PvP rework. Maybe Long Pig will be readed in game with the update.

Competetive PvP is an intresting mode, but some things ruin the experience, aka combat log out, in build 50% resistence from other players attack and etc

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Differences between fantasy and real, pigmen are a fantastic species, humans are not.

21 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the characters arent real neither have a realistic desing...

But still, it would raise the game rating to M even if the character aren't realistic and technically character eating other mob isn't cannibalism.

Archived