Salt  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you seek out and use Salt in the game?

• Every World
    • Often
    • From Time To Time
    • Rarely
    • Never
  2. 2. What do you use Salt for?

• Making Salt Boxes
    • Making Seasoning Salt
    • Making Collected Dust (the thing needed to cook Amberosia)
    • Restoring the freshness of some foods
    • I do not use Salt

I like to make a chest full of Amberosia, just to convert resources when the rest is overflowing (and don't you think I'm gonna do the travel to feed the only Moth in the very end of the Archives !)

That of course come after I build enough boxes around and at this point I usually don't find it any useful to refresh most of the food we can apply it on, they'll last long already since they'll be within the salt box and are too abundant to bother, that barely serve anything very unfortunately at this level of efficiency.

1 hour ago, Rainteke said:

"Salt Crystals can be used on perishable Food items to restore up to 50% of their freshness. If used on a stack of Food, the effect is divided by the size of the stack. However, Salt Crystals cannot be used on cooked food, Crock Pot dishes and plantable items, such as Seeds."
                                                                                                                                                                            ~Wiki

Imagine restoing Milkmade hat fressness by adding salt to it, like wtf who drinks milk with salt?

Hold up salt works on the milk maid hat?

6 minutes ago, Rainteke said:

I never tried, but I assume that yes since it's a food item, and also perishable.

Salt Crystals have the same requirements as the Salt Box. If it can't go into the Salt Box, it cannot be preserved with Salt Crystals.

Milkmade Hat, in particular, is not a food item, it's not perishable and it's not cookable either.

3 hours ago, reallychina said:

It's a very useful item when you make your first (and likely only) salt box.

After that, it becomes completely useless. I expected they'd at least make salt licks with salt, and those would last much longer, making salt somewhat useful

we need this

Archived