New Deerclops is too Easy

Anyone else agree that the new Deerclops isn’t challenging enough anymore? I remember struggling so hard on him every time. Either make a bunch of log suits and healing or or find creative ways to survive him with roads and fire nettle.

Now I can kill him without ever being hit due to how easy it is to move from side to side to avoid his attacks. Part of me misses the old Deerclops.

Deerclops wasnt ever hard to me, or most other experienced players, now theres just another unique option for new players to take them down. I remember in my first few fights I'd get others to fight deer, and now theres even more options.

Oh what I'd do to play this game with a fresh mind, I cant imagine how rewarding it might be to discover on your own the new method of kiting deerclops. I hope the newer players to this game are having a blast discovering the technique.

It was never that challenging, and not a single person who complains about it can even remember the last time it even remotely challenged them. Just people complaining about the gate being opened a little wider.

And yet all that will really change is that the uninitiated/uninformed (after the initial surprise and a bunch of their camp getting wrecked because that aspect of his behavior hasn't changed) will be rewarded if they wonder if maybe, just maybe, the visual effect the attack uses and the actual area of effect in which you're damaged match, like in most modern games, and try to be mildly clever and step aside.

19 hours ago, Marnxx said:

Anyone else agree that the new Deerclops isn’t challenging enough anymore? I remember struggling so hard on him every time. Either make a bunch of log suits and healing or or find creative ways to survive him with roads and fire nettle.

Now I can kill him without ever being hit due to how easy it is to move from side to side to avoid his attacks. Part of me misses the old Deerclops.

They changed Clopsie?

23 hours ago, Marnxx said:

Yep I just made a whole video about it.
What I don't understand is why is clops the first one to have this done to them?
Every enemy basically has a cone hitbox infront of them. Very few have a true AOE
Deerclops use to have a True AOE But they took it out.

This cone hitbox follows the last entity that hit the mob even during the attack animation.
You can see this shown in my video with the oldschool deerclops mid way through

There are only a few mobs that don't change aggro during their attack animation.
Those being Tentacles Treegaurds and hounds.
Any other entity changes aggro Which lead to players getting hit when it looks like they shouldn't.

However the question is which method should klei go for?

Having the hitbox follow the player?
or having the hitbox be the same as the direction the enemy is facing?
Because there is alot of enemies that don't change animation as they attack yet the attack hitbox follows the last player that hit the enemy.

10 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

That is fine. I prefer that the clopsy attacks are actually visually accurate.

If you find it too easy, play with winter feast enabled. Makes the fun more interesting due to the laser.

That is true but we know its possible to make attacks follow the players.

take a look at the clip here this is from the mod you have in your description.
Beargers new attack moves to show it hitting the other entities that hit him last.
Where as the default bearger attacks don't move?

Now the thing is IT would be much better for klei to redo the animations to show what is actually happening with the hitbox targeting system they have in place

But that would take alot of work. and I don't know if they would put that work in to add that polish.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BillowingPreciousBobaMrDestructoid-fkWDAFOpKwGLsQru

Archived