[Game Update] - 503635

• Developer

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a client crash to desktop.
  • Fixed Deerclops’s attack damage when hitting multiple targets.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking on an inventory item would cause the player to attack.
  • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes stop attacking monsters in a mob.
  • Fixed actions prioritizing themselves over attacks when both are bound to the same button.
    • If the attack and action buttons are assigned to the same button, then holding this button down will attack nearby monsters first before performing other actions.

View full update

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Potato Cup 1

31 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a client crash to desktop.
  • Fixed Deerclops’s attack damage when hitting multiple targets.
  • Fixed an issue where clicking on an inventory item would cause the player to attack.
  • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes stop attacking monsters in a mob.
  • Fixed actions prioritizing themselves over attacks when both are bound to the same button.
    • If the attack and action buttons are assigned to the same button, then holding this button down will attack nearby monsters first before performing other actions.

View full update

Spoiler

just making sure you guys remember to do this for beta branch aswell :wilson_love:

• Like 3

So I updated to the new hotfix and tried the attack bug 6 different times

Twice in an Alone World, the first being against a mob of 4 hounds, and the second one being against Deerclops. In either case I did not feel the bug at all.

Twice again in a world that allows multiple players, but has no caves. The first time was against a mob of 4 hounds, and the second time being against Deerclops. I still did not feel the bug at all.

And twice again in a world that allows multiple players and has caves. The first time was against a mob of 4 hounds, and the second time being against Deerclops. I didn't feel the bug at all during Deerclops, but against the mob of hounds I felt the bug twice.

Seems like the bug is completely gone for everything else, but for groups of mobs in servers with caves it's still there but much rarer. 

In all cases I used a walking cane to make the fight go slower so I could dish out many hits throughout the fight and I also used kiting so the character wouldn't just be there standing still to see how it would be in an actual playthrough.

Edited by SomebodyRandom
  • Like 1

Now sometimes, when Beefalo falls sleep, we wont be able to make him wake up again and he will sleep forever :(

If I rejoin the server this fixes but my beefalo losed his saddle and I had to make another one when that was at 100% :/

Please fix this, ill send later a screenshots of this

Edited by OLIMON
  • Sad Dupe 1

2 hours ago, iiuitto said:

Still waiting for a fix for moonstorm bug in Linux almost for a year

Try report it again and provide the necessary details on what's occurring. If it's been a year and you've only reported it a year ago, then they will have missed it as the bugs never stop as the updates come.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

• Like 2

This is the problem @ScottHansen, a normal night just starting a new game in one of your public severs, tried to wake up my Beefalo but it was impossible, the character kept saying "I can't do that" as I explain in my screenshots.

I had no other choice to relog to fix it, but I lost my saddle in the process having to spend time making a new one, only to find the old one lying far away from the caves I entered...

And also, now when the Beefalo does his "refuse" animation when trying to ride it, I can no longer feed him while he does it, unlike in the past hotfix, making everything more slower.

Please @ScottHansen! These Beefalo issues seem to be getting more and more frequent with each update, and it would be really sad if this becomes a regular thing. Please! don't let this feature get more and more annoying and bugged, please we need a fix. 

IMG_20220418_194359.png

IMG_20220418_194608.png

IMG_20220418_194959.png

IMG_20220418_195336.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OLIMON said:

snip

This probably means the beefalo was about to initiate its saddle-bucking animation when it fell asleep, or did it but fell asleep before being put back in an interactable state with its animation state properly changed. Something similar happens sometimes when you call it to a Beefalo Grooming Station but it zonks on its way there, won't be able to do anything with it until morning.

Edited by Faintly Macabre
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OLIMON said:

Now sometimes, when Beefalo falls sleep, we wont be able to make him wake up again and he will sleep forever :(

If I rejoin the server this fixes but my beefalo losed his saddle and I had to make another one when that was at 100% :/

Please fix this, ill send later a screenshots of this

It happened to me breaking the bond from the bell fixed it

• Health 1

4 hours ago, Omninano said:

Which is this, again?

3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Try report it again and provide the necessary details on what's occurring. If it's been a year and you've only reported it a year ago, then they will have missed it as the bugs never stop as the updates come.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

Last report was just a couple months ago so it's possible that it's on their list of to-dos.
Still, I know that the devs often still miss these things so I posted it again just in case.

In the meantime, one can use the Overlays Disabler mod to disable the moonstorm effects.

Edited by Crestwave
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, Crestwave said:

Still, I know that the devs often still miss these things so I posted it again just in case.

You gotta keep re-reporting sometimes to get things fixed, unfortunately.

If it's reported when they are looking, the odds of it getting fixed are higher.

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crestwave said:

Last report was just a couple months ago so it's possible that it's on their list of to-dos.

In the meantime, one can use the Overlays Disabler mod to disable the moonstorm effects.

hello crest wave

• GL Happy 2

5 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

You gotta keep re-reporting sometimes to get things fixed, unfortunately.

If it's reported when they are looking, the odds of it getting fixed are higher.

If you compliment the devs, it also raises your chance of the bug getting fixed by 10%

Spoiler

In all seriousness, also providing solutions to the bug at hand raises the chances of a bug getting fixed by a lot, while they may not use your exact solution, it can def help the developers in the right direction.

• Haha 2
  • Sanity 1

1 minute ago, Hornete said:
  Hide contents

In all seriousness, also providing solutions to the bug at hand raises the chances of a bug getting fixed by a lot, while they may not use your exact solution, it can def help the developers in the right direction.

I can read the lua, but I can't always find the reason why stuff is broken based on my level of coding knowledge :wilson_cry:

• Sad Dupe 1

Anyone is hunting down the bug on spiders using excess computation? In the past, spider farming can be done with 50 spider dens, but now, even 10 spider dens use too much computation to lag the world. The excessive computation seems to come from spiders spawning from spider dens, and spiders following webber does not seem to be that much of a problem

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

please could you guys fix your public servers to save after an update? and also the crashing?

I agree. I spent 150 days on a Klei endless server and come back to a day 1. Survival I can understand but endless?? The game updates once a month or more from hotfixes there is no incentive to plant stakes in them if they will just reset all the time.

We're having problems now on our server (non-dedicated), where we can't seem to be allowed to attack things that don't have aggro on us or something like that. The big white rabbits are a good example, because the problem goes away when we pick up meat so they get angry. We can continuously hit but not damage little sleeping rabbits (in Caves) with pickaxes, hammers, etc., but nothing happens to them. They just keep sleeping. Something is definitely wrong with the prioritization. But this part getting an overhaul is very welcome! Thank you!

Edited by Ultroman