how can I decorate Abigail?

Here is a byproduct someone asked for, which is to control Abigail's flower more conveniently. It cost roughly two days to code the widgets in both server and client side.

The clientside release can be found at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790669123

But I'm wondering if there is a tool/function to save data to profile, the Autosavemanager looks not suitable for this mod.

By the way, I will come back after 2 months I guess.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Rickzzs said:

But I'm wondering if there is a tool/function to save data to profile,

You'll like the TheSim:SetPersistentString and TheSim:GetPersistentString functions. You can find examples of how they're used in the cookbook cookbookdata and plantregistrydata files.

Quick question, if you have the full triumphant set for wendy, for example, and the triumphant abby skin, will her flower be skinned to be the triumphant one upon spawning? Or would you need to wait until you can get a clean sweeper or craft a new one. Same question about wigfrid and her helmet and spear skins.

3 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

Omg that drawing on the right is awesome. Is that one you did? Very talented!

Abby is super cute I wish she had more matching skins

No, it's from other artists. Basically I'm gathering good ideas and try to implement it into the game. There are a bunch of fantastic paintings out there.

2 hours ago, Mr.Rickzzs said:

No, it's from other artists. Basically I'm gathering good ideas and try to implement it into the game. There are a bunch of fantastic paintings out there.

That's cool, I bet that takes a lot of work to implement something like that. Good luck! These artists have some seriously mad skills.

I'm pretty new to the forums is there an art page here or somewhere else?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, LitulLola said:

I'm pretty new to the forums is there an art page here or somewhere else?

Thanks!

In this forum : https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/15-dont-starve-art-music-lore/

And some of the artisis also have their account on Tumblr, for example: Born to die .

Steam community also offers loads of paintings that allows you to cherry pick, for example: https://steamcommunity.com/id/CorsairsEdge/images/?appid=322330 .

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

Can someone make a mod that gives lucy the abigail hairpiece?

Isn't it very easy to make a retextured lucy? just copy and paste and photoshop, and you get this

Snipaste_2022-04-09_12-08-47.png.966aa3dc656f35e6ea56333bbf55f928.png

As can be seen, lucy's image is in low resolution. So if you want to make the mod, then you'd better draw it yourself.

On 4/3/2022 at 1:23 AM, Mr.Rickzzs said:

Here is another skin set designed by other people. What's your opinion? I personally don't approve most of the skins except the Creepy and Magma ( the flamelike tail is interesting enough).

1294379305_someabigailskin.jpg.f3d0898c8a25f130d85054a53905644e.jpg

I actually quite like the look of the survivor one. The "survivor" aesthetic has always been one of my favorites, to be honest, so I may be biased.

spoiler for Abigail's flower.eyeplant.gif.e18dfac9ba06776f86aa1f527d128177.gifI'm just testing whether my skin works in game. Thanks to Glassic API and Mods in Menu so that I can achieve this.666009385_.png.b9c33f60a20574b2083ceb40d3669c4e.png

By the way, thanks Fuffles for such an inspiring work as Fashion Forward( unfortunately Fuffles just deleted the topic). Thanks Modded Skins for demonstrating the capability of adding skinned items deep into the skin system, though I'll not use this mod for it disallows official item skins lol. And thank you all in this forum who provided interesting ideas, I had most fun with them.

Still confused about how on earth did Fuffles make this blinking animation. I just have no idea how to do this. The animation never had a rotation of such huge degree. Maybe Fuffles won't talk about this anymore... 1206965393_102263eyeplant.thumb.gif.078dd53c01424b784307060db9a01269.gif.

Finally the pipeline is about to be ready for more skins. But I just find the animation of Abigail's flower is very restricted, given great ideas. I have to draw nothing but petals( in eyeplant's case, leaves). Additionally, if anyone can suggest designs, basically just one sort of flower, I'd be happy to draw it. I myself don't have enough ideas for the remaining skins.

After a day's working, technical problems around mod release are also solved. Now the skin can be properly shown.

Spoiler for The Lush skin(Costume Collection):with-hat.png.642310b9dc03f258b23998555eea8b1a.pngwithout-hat.png.da7aca9591e17ba5cfeda8dbd736a7e4.png

7 hours ago, jan Mele said:

?

Hibiscus_flower_TZ.jpg.358d3fd805271628809f38433dbbb3d3.jpg

Maybe you can clarify which skin you'd like to make, and the reason for choosing a certain flower. Finally, give a name and a short description to the skin. Then I can consider realizing it. It is even better if you can describe the design for 4 levels of flower's shape. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

Oh, you meant to make flowers to accompany Wendy's skins? Sorry, I just picked a nice looking flower

Yeah, any flower is welcome as long as you give strong reasons. For example I found this one in the forum.1333687093_105074magmaticflower.png.25e19d5895d020bfca89fbe06fbbe723.png As a magmatic skin it looks awesome. But since it is a re-colored normal skin, I fear that it doesn't fit into the existing skins. The flame fx is very interesting, but the same as the above mentioned blinking animation, I don't think it is possible under the restriction.

On 5/28/2022 at 1:55 PM, Mr.Rickzzs said:

Still confused about how on earth did Fuffles make this blinking animation. I just have no idea how to do this. The animation never had a rotation of such huge degree. Maybe Fuffles won't talk about this anymore... 

You simply reminded me of my past's mistakes, so I removed them.
As to the animation, I have redone the animation from scratch and simply added the blinking petals as another part since a lot of other skins I did used swiftly moving parts, afterall you aren't bound by what klei supplies when modding and you can simply change anim files

2 minutes ago, Fuffles said:

You simply reminded me of my past's mistakes, so I removed them.
As to the animation, I have redone the animation from scratch and simply added the blinking petals as another part since a lot of other skins I did used swiftly moving parts, afterall you aren't bound by what klei supplies when modding and you can simply change anim files

That's OK. I am a little surprised at how Klei artists managed to create so many skins using one animation. Honestly I did a poor job with my eyeplant skin because I cannot place each image properly in place.

Archived