how can I decorate Abigail?

So I'm wondering how to make Abigail more adorable, given that she is a very adorable ghost. Currently Abigail skins only work for her flower, which I'm a bit dissatisfied. There is a mod abbyskinmod in which nearly every Wendy's skin is accompanied by an Abigail skin, but it is too old, and the some of the animations are faulty. Now I've got some inspirations, I can change her flower, and draw a new set of skins that match Wendy's, add some animations. That said, these ideas have not been crystalized yet.

For example, abbyskinmod includes a great design for Ice Abigail. But it required many more skins to complement the set(lureplant, magma, victorian, creepy, nature, shadow, survivor, handmedown, rose, formal...).

Snipaste_2022-04-02_21-03-09.png.bdfbd6ba74aa765bb38bacf0ae0d7cfe.png

Another attempt I'm trying is to exchange her flower for other ornaments. Such as this( maybe I should make the lightbulb smaller):

ornament.gif.b9b7dea232ce6dccb97a44d91518b7cb.gif

Does anyone have good ideas to share?

Snipaste_2022-04-02_21-33-12.png.ad5f74149e0f2c7fc527d24decf3d0b3.png

Another example is let Abigail wear hat, which I have successfully implemented. And the outcome is impressive with some sort of hats.

You can try different hairstyles, for starters. 

A sticky note with a smile drawn on it 

Any jacket, with the sleeves hanging empty (flinging around while attacking, heh) 

All sorts of head accessories, mostly wearable items- like a garland or top hat. 

Magmatic Abigail? With the lava streaks running through her (Maxwell style)

That's all I've come up with for now.

11 hours ago, BezKa said:

You can try different hairstyles, for starters. 

A sticky note with a smile drawn on it 

Any jacket, with the sleeves hanging empty (flinging around while attacking, heh) 

All sorts of head accessories, mostly wearable items- like a garland or top hat. 

Magmatic Abigail? With the lava streaks running through her (Maxwell style)

That's all I've come up with for now.

A sketchy concept of sticky note is shown below. Does this add to Abigail's adorablility?

Snipaste_2022-04-03_09-22-26.thumb.png.3ff9837505934c9b0bf63e22e036be72.png

But for the jacket, I think that if I'm about to draw that, it will cost much labor is her rotating animation.

Can you draw some sketch about hairstyle and her magma skin? I havn't figured out one that suits well.

magmatic.thumb.png.0633316ab7fce62c5518314f798b10b8.png

As for Maxwell's skin, I just can't organize the lines around the eyes, so I decide to substitute the fine line with forked lines. Yet I would rather prefer the first skin in accordance with Wendy's magma/gladiator skin.

10 hours ago, jan Mele said:

Give her a tie

The result is as follows:

1. tier as an icon

Snipaste_2022-04-03_10-16-58.png.174df1d14bb8e12291e5af78b0f4810a.png

2. actual tier(sketch)

Snipaste_2022-04-03_10-16-40.png.b96a25fbc26c5876a5c169625f0d50a6.png

3. one kind of bow tie

Snipaste_2022-04-03_10-17-15.png.3999ed1dbd7565af541e35bf75e19ea8.png

12 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Ill tell you right now that doing things that go around her entire body is hard to do  with the way the game animates

as the originator of the abby skin mod

Yes, it is why I say abbyskinmod's some animations are faulty. I've found a correct way to achieve smooth animations, so there is no obstacle at sight.

23 minutes ago, Mr.Rickzzs said:

Yes, it is why I say abbyskinmod's some animations are faulty. I've found a correct way to achieve smooth animations, so there is no obstacle at sight.

The only animation missing is the Nostolgic set because i was trying to think of what would be a good alternative since technically the player is playing as abigail in that one so the ghost would be wendy

The rest all have skins however I got help from some one to add in woven skins since they are considerd different that the heirloom

Just now, Mr.Rickzzs said:

Here is another skin set designed by other people. What's your opinion? I personally don't approve most of the skins except the Creepy and Magma ( the flamelike tail is interesting enough).

1294379305_someabigailskin.jpg.f3d0898c8a25f130d85054a53905644e.jpg

I think creepy and nostalgic are nice  I feel like the bottoms are too much change. I think she should stay whispy at the bottom.
unknown.pngI like my magmatic abby she is like a fireball

podoboo

7 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

The only animation missing is the Nostolgic set because i was trying to think of what would be a good alternative since technically the player is playing as abigail in that one so the ghost would be wendy

The rest all have skins however I got help from some one to add in woven skins since they are considerd different that the heirloom

Now I understand why the handmedown skin is missing, thank you, and look forward to a gorgeous handmedown skin to be added into abbyskinmod. Though I can't think of Abigail being Wendy just because Wendy wears Abigail's clothes, they are not relevant.

3 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

I think creepy and nostalgic are nice  I feel like the bottoms are too much change. I think she should stay whispy at the bottom.
unknown.pngI like my magmatic abby she is like a fireball

podoboo

A flaming Abigail will not look consistent in a fireball shape, compared to other skins. So I'd rather consider this as a special form of Abigail. I have the headcanon that Abigail can transform into different shapes since she's a ghost. This ability allows her to pretend to be a balloon, my design for her cosplay skin ( by the way, an April Fool skin dedicated for Wes).

balloon.thumb.png.f65bfba10ae6dd183b87133faa47ee5d.png

1 hour ago, Mr.Rickzzs said:

Here is another skin set designed by other people. What's your opinion? I personally don't approve most of the skins except the Creepy and Magma ( the flamelike tail is interesting enough).

1294379305_someabigailskin.jpg.f3d0898c8a25f130d85054a53905644e.jpg

Triumphant Abby is ok, imho

1 hour ago, jan Mele said:

What about earmuffs?

Can you help draw some sketch, just to show how to appropriately arrange images? I'm busy testing the ornaments right now(examples illustrated above, lightbulbs and flowers).

Here is a blank placeholder.

keyframe.2.thumb.png.0475a3051ffd2f324a0729130fb64b5c.png

example: a hat on all keyframes do not rotate with Abigail's body, so the animation is very easy.

keyframe.thumb.png.963bd1d3a466b427611a3d66868d13af.png

8 minutes ago, jan Mele said:

oof

583080556_3.thumb.png.f8054d8e28e9df2227c6a53daae8a99e.png

Of all three types of earmuffs, only the latter is not an existing hat, isn't it? If there've already been assets, I tend to use them rather than draw new ones. I don't think there is need to include this idea, because it is categorized into Hat.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Rickzzs said:

Of all three types of earmuffs, only the latter is not an existing hat, isn't it? If there've already been assets, I tend to use them rather than draw new ones. I don't think there is need to include this idea, because it is categorized into Hat.

ok

3 hours ago, jan Mele said:

oof

787929055_2.thumb.png.0d884d9dc3e067fc5192504ade4aee96.png

Snipaste_2022-04-03_23-47-39.png.6abd81a87e270d96115ede63a97d0ae0.png

This is an ingame screenshot, apparently all we need to do is to add the band and adjust the distance of two ears to fit Abigail's head. I will schedule this in distant future, if no one else is willing to works on it.

4 hours ago, Mr.Rickzzs said:

Snipaste_2022-04-03_23-47-39.png.6abd81a87e270d96115ede63a97d0ae0.png

This is an ingame screenshot, apparently all we need to do is to add the band and adjust the distance of two ears to fit Abigail's head. I will schedule this in distant future, if no one else is willing to works on it.

I aplaud you for working on these lol
There is a bug that klei never fixed that applies to ghosts.  it like messes with their frame animations.
Many of the things you want to do are going to have to be manual fixes.  LIke what i had to do for Verdant abby to get leaves flying around I needed to Add them all to The ghost body To make it seem like they were extras in the animation
Any other way would just break the scml. image.thumb.png.c4ed720fdc9bc1298febb0094f7b04b3.png
image.thumb.png.9bf1bca774d9025dfa5d729a98ca2210.png

3 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

I aplaud you for working on these lol
There is a bug that klei never fixed that applies to ghosts.  it like messes with their frame animations.
Many of the things you want to do are going to have to be manual fixes.  LIke what i had to do for Verdant abby to get leaves flying around I needed to Add them all to The ghost body To make it seem like they were extras in the animation
Any other way would just break the scml. image.thumb.png.c4ed720fdc9bc1298febb0094f7b04b3.png
image.thumb.png.9bf1bca774d9025dfa5d729a98ca2210.png

to introduce more fx, i prefer to add a new layer FX, so does swap_hat, body, ornament, and tail. Your method is not flexible, so it is only when I draw new skins that I realize a total of 15 frames for ghost_tail layer. Otherwise the layers are shared between all skins.

Here are the bugs I've found:

I didn't encounter the bug you mentioned. Maybe I haven't figured out it yet?

1 hour ago, Mr.Rickzzs said:

to introduce more fx, i prefer to add a new layer FX, so does swap_hat, body, ornament, and tail. Your method is not flexible, so it is only when I draw new skins that I realize a total of 15 frames for ghost_tail layer. Otherwise the layers are shared between all skins.

Here are the bugs I've found:

I didn't encounter the bug you mentioned. Maybe I haven't figured out it yet?

yeah its a strange one it usually happens on rollback 

Archived