Your source of emotional support?

Terra B Welch

When you're feeling down, who or what do you turn to in order to help yourself feel better?

For me, it's my glommer plush, I've had my glommer plush for 4 years and have given him alot of hugs in that time.

IMG_20220306_133106.thumb.jpg.efcff096644ee2951e76821c7c7e2d6c.jpg

As you can see, glommer is a bit worn, that happens after over 4 years of hugs, but my glommer is still happy to get hugs and help me fight off sadness.

Who or what do you turn to for emotional support?

my dreams, i think of something great to dream about and then i will dream the good things and i am in full control of my dreams, makin them good, no matter what will happen, or sometimes i just imagine an conversation and how it could go whit the talk, simulating what the other would say whit my response, this makes me feel good for some reason, or i will look at art i or many other people have created, its a fine way to pass the time

Spoiler

I used to have a girlfriend but due to circumstances we grew apart and ended terms amicably

I suppose part of why we grew apart is because I used her far too much as an emotional crutch and once she and I began teaching me to love myself, I began to grow less attached and that amplified the other reasons why resentment built 

Now I usually listen to violent music pieces that embody my rage and fury when I work, and play games to ease stress otherwise. There is a great deal I have to deal with alone and admittedly I am growing weary of it all again, but she taught me to love myself at the least and that i shall do my best to do so to honor our time together regardless of what happened. 

My best friends and my parents (or just family in general), always
I only would go for my best friends who really care about me, not my other best friends that are just there to do stuff with

Sometimes I go on Steam and play Just Shapes and Beats, as I am a huge fan of it, it calms me down with all of the music and fun within

Also, From a lesbian's perspective, girlfriends are also an awesome source of emotional support! (Don't quote me and puke at this comment)

Archived