Jump to content

i dont like new crafting menu changes , please add an option to keep the crafting menu like the current update before the beta


Recommended Posts

"Before" change:

  • Crafting is fast, it tooks you 2 MOUSE CLICK  to craft some thing (one click to open craft tab , one click to craft it , maybe require some mouse scrolling).
  • The craft menu is BIG, easy to see and click, each item belong to only a single tab ( torch belong to light tab , crockpot belong to food tab only).
  • There is a SURVIVAL tab.
  • You can fight , move , pick up things ,interact with world while crating tab is open.
  • You have many beautifull ui mods

"After" change:

  • Crafting is slow, it tooks you 4 mouse click to craft ( one to open craft menu , one click to select the craft tab , one click to select the item and one click to craft it + many mouse movements) 
  • The craft tab is so small you can easily miss click it , item can belong to multiple tab..
  • Some old craft tab is gone , there is no survival tab.
  • You can move while craft menu is open but can not do anything else ( no fighting , no pick up , etc...)
  • there are 9 quick craft slot.
  • some items do not require recipes or science to unlock.

Conclusion : new crafting menu suck and bad (except the quick craft slot), it take loonger time to craft and i am 30, i dont want to spend few hour re-learn crafting system of a game i already spent 1600 hours on. So please if you release the new crafting menu , have an option for us to keep the old crafting menu system .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

•According to you it would take 3 clicks (click on the tab, click to craft, click to place item) since you added an extra for the new menu, and acting like an extra click compared to scrolling is a major change just makes you look a bit desperate

•You can change the size, but even then I don't get how you're miss-clicking the menu on the side of your screen

•Items being in one place isn't exactly a good thing, having the bird cage only in structures when it could easily be counted as food too was dumb. Same goes with something like the scaled furnace going in light

•I agree that you should be able to do more things while the menus open

•More or less tabs doesn't make one better or worse, it depends if they're still organised and if you think it's unorganised without this tab, well you don't directly tell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Skill issue.

Spoiler

The only big problem I have with the new crafting ui is that we don't know how it will be played in console and it might be super awkward in it. Klei is there any way for us console players to get a preview of console gameplay? It would be greatly appreciated.

 

Spoiler

Goddamn you bad internet connection, caused me to reply twice wth the exact same reply.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, supernit said:

Conclusion : new crafting menu suck and bad

Idk how you're suppose to conclude that with how few arguments you gave.

Just like dubious little said, you forgot to take in count the scrolling and mouse movement. I remember when I was building my chest area, I had to scroll WAY down for the scaled chest then WAY up for the basic chest back and forth which was a bit annoying. There wont be this kind of issue now with the Favorite Tab and pinned craft.

I really hope that they let us interact with the craft menu open. This is still a beta, wait and see.

Dont forget that the new crafting menu is also trying to be better for the devs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

The only big problem I have with the new crafting ui is that we don't know how it will be played in console and it might be super awkward in it. 

I tested out playing with a controller and it's actually super nice! Don't worry too much about it, Klei is doing a good job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm also not in the camp fancying this new Crafting UI, and that's ok - to each their own. Am sure some modder will come up with a variant of the old crafting menu covering all new one's functionalities but in classic manner. Having a block menu covering 1/2 of my 4:3 screen is by no personal metric "certain step in the right direction". C'est la vie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, supernit said:

"Before" change:

  • Crafting is fast, it tooks you 2 MOUSE CLICK  to craft some thing (one click to open craft tab , one click to craft it , maybe require some mouse scrolling).

As you said, this can require mouse scrolling. Which really sucks if you need to craft items which are down low semi-frequently. This also isn't accounting for the fact that the old system was so bad with large amounts of recipes that Klei needed too make the Terra Firma Tamper and the Tackel receptical not prototype items. Tell me, is the old menu faster if I need to run back to a certain point every time I want to craft Turf?

9 hours ago, supernit said:
  • The craft menu is BIG, easy to see and click, each item belong to only a single tab ( torch belong to light tab , crockpot belong to food tab only).

How is this a good thing? There's definitely a lot of overlap between which tabs some things can go in.

9 hours ago, supernit said:
  • There is a SURVIVAL tab.

I entirely fail to see how this point is relevent.

9 hours ago, supernit said:
  • You can fight , move , pick up things ,interact with world while crating tab is open.

Known issue, though I can't judge because I didn't think to check if this was a bug either.

9 hours ago, supernit said:
  • You have many beautifull ui mods

Has it occurred to you that UI mods can update to support the new crafting menu?

9 hours ago, supernit said:

"After" change:

  • Crafting is slow, it tooks you 4 mouse click to craft ( one to open craft menu , one click to select the craft tab , one click to select the item and one click to craft it + many mouse movements) 

You can double click to craft an item. Which is technically still 4 clicks, but it is less mouse movement. You can also pin/favorite recipes to craft them in 1 click. Even faster than the old crafting UI.

9 hours ago, supernit said:
  • The craft tab is so small you can easily miss click it , item can belong to multiple tab..

1. These are 2 entirely unconnected points.

2. I've heard you can change the size. Though I haven't had an issue with missclicking.

3. Again. How is this an issue?

9 hours ago, supernit said:
  • Some old craft tab is gone , there is no survival tab.

Once again, irrelevent.

9 hours ago, supernit said:
  • You can move while craft menu is open but can not do anything else ( no fighting , no pick up , etc...)

Again, bug. Known issue.

9 hours ago, supernit said:
  • there are 9 quick craft slot.
  • some items do not require recipes or science to unlock.

I assume you like these, given 

9 hours ago, supernit said:

Conclusion : new crafting menu suck and bad (except the quick craft slot), it take loonger time to craft and i am 30, i dont want to spend few hour re-learn crafting system of a game i already spent 1600 hours on. So please if you release the new crafting menu , have an option for us to keep the old crafting menu system .

Or maaaaybe, you're just an old codger who doesn't like change, even if it is objectively for the better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I don't need to repeat that most of your arguments aren't real arguments or that there is a setting for the size of the menu.

But for the "cannot perform actions while menu is open": Scott already said that he is working on that, it's still a beta! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretending like the old interface telepathically puts you exactly where you wanted to be to pretend that it's better just so you can complain and say you hate the new one for no reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...