Help, got bored of DST

13 hours ago, Marfoo said:

As in the title, recently I can't make myself to play DST
I dunno what's the cause; burnout? Depression?
I need some advices, tips to help me get back

its good to play other games, right now im getting back into oxygen not included. sometimes you need to put dst to rest for a bit and comeback when a update comes or ya got friends who want to play.

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

(no idea how anyone who has access to mods can ever grow bored of DST but.. okay.)

Not everyone who has access to mods are interested in playing mods.

For example, I have Terraria on Steam and tModLoader installed, but I don't really wanna play mods until most modders have their stuff together for 1.4 tMod and Subworlds.

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If your on PC you get cool mods to play with too (no idea how anyone who has access to mods can ever grow bored of DST but.. okay.)

Lots of mods that add content can be pretty broken/unbalanced, and just not as fun as actual dst.

Come back to it later. I go through periods of burnouts too and I've played DST since OG DS came out as the free game of the month on the PS store..I'm a huge fan of the game and am happy building new large bases vs working on worlds I've left for long periods lol..I'm a huge fan of the game though and absolutely love it...you may not

43 minutes ago, thesooz9000 said:

Lots of mods that add content can be pretty broken/unbalanced, and just not as fun as actual dst.

It can actually bore people faster if you can just spawn anything in and just do everything with use of mods. Kills the mystique of the experience..imho

On 3/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, Marfoo said:

just wait it out, its impossible to play one game all the time without a burnout; play something else in the meantime

1 hour ago, jan Mele said:

Because of world warping, or..? 

If you've played shipwrecked for a bit you will notice many missing features like sailing music, default hound wave sounds instead of crocodog growl, no quaken and weird world gen. Island adventures' map is also much smaller than SW. Most obviously it's missing volcano content, which would be like not having ruins in RoG. It's still a good mod, but it doesn't really compare. If you like island adventures and haven't played SW, I think you should give it a try.

Just  try to play another games i guess. I always get this lil breaks too but its ok i think it has no game what we a re suposed to play everyday for the rest of our lives. If u stop to think about it for a second u will see DST does it better than a lotta of games and u probably have a lotta hours here if compare with the other stuff u played in ur life. Never i get so many time in just one game as i have in DST and im so thankfull for that cuz they really do a effort to make the comunity stay engaged.

DM me if u want some examples of good ones, im not sharin them here maybe can be problematic idk.

Seriously, do like I do: only vaguely skim over patch notes.. that way you know when Klei adds or changes something… but you don’t know exactly where to go to find it.

Do this over the span of several content updates.. instead of rushing to try out the new updates as soon as they’re out, let a few of them happen first so next time you play- it’s like playing a whole new game.

Case In point: Anyone who hasn’t played DST since 2018… is in for one drastically different game when they step back into it.

So much has been added, changed & improved that it’s basically Dont Starve 2 at this point.

Id recommended getting hooked on several other games that have limited time battle passes such as Smite, Rogue Company, Apex Legends, Fortnite etc.. the More Battle Passes you have on your list to do- The Less time you’ll have to play DST.. on the surface that sounds like bad advice- But here’s what happens:

When you complete your battle passes, you will be eagerly excited to return to DST to check out all the content that’s been added since you last had time to sit down and play for extended periods of time.

Alternatively… you could just be growing older, and the older you get your taste in things may or may not change- hate to say this but if the above advice doesn’t work for you: Maybe consider that you’ve Outgrown DST?

On 3/5/2022 at 4:20 AM, Marfoo said:

in case that you want to play new games you can try terraria, there is a lot of don't starve stuff like abigail, deerclops, a pigman pet, the glommer, chester, the magiluminescence and a lot of items more.

i got terraria 3 years ago but i started playing after the crossover, now its one of my favorite games

9 hours ago, hhh2 said:

If you've played shipwrecked for a bit you will notice many missing features like sailing music, default hound wave sounds instead of crocodog growl, no quaken and weird world gen. Island adventures' map is also much smaller than SW. Most obviously it's missing volcano content, which would be like not having ruins in RoG. It's still a good mod, but it doesn't really compare. If you like island adventures and haven't played SW, I think you should give it a try.

There's a seperate mod for volcano (kinda) and smaller map is not a problem for me, but thanks for answering. 

On 3/5/2022 at 2:20 AM, Marfoo said:

Honestly, just stop playing.

I know the idea of it sucks, but nobody's holding you at gunpoint to keep playing the game if you're not feeling it. Give it a few months to a year while you find other games to play, and you'll come back reviggorated and with a boatload of new content to enjoy.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:31 PM, Mike23Ua said:

(no idea how anyone who has access to mods can ever grow bored of DST but.. okay.)

To put simply, the DST modding scene is kind of sort of extremely bad.

As someone who loves modding and plays more modded games than vanilla, the DST workshop has a lot of issues. Most notably, the amount of effort and skill it takes to replicate DST's art style, along with the fact that programming's hard in general, means that there are very, very few mods that add meaningful content, and even those that do add such content tend to look a bit... off. Per se. Any mod that does do so is either a massive undertaking on part of the developers (Black Death, Uncompromising Mode), or is using pre-existing assets. Usually DLC ports.

2 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

As someone who loves modding and plays more modded games than vanilla, the DST workshop has a lot of issues. Most notably, the amount of effort and skill it takes to replicate DST's art style, along with the fact that programming's hard in general, means that there are very, very few mods that add meaningful content

Don't forget about documentation

13 hours ago, hhh2 said:

Soon Island Adventures will release update with all things that you said are missing(and much more).If you go to their discord you can see the changelog of uncoming update

unknown-1.png

PIC15-5.jpg

PIC11.png

Pic10.png

PIC12.png

18 minutes ago, Arti925 said:

Soon Island Adventures will release update with all things that you said are missing.If you go to their discord you can see the changelog of uncoming update

I thought the mod wouldn't recive big updates. That's what was said on the steam page, anyway.

7 hours ago, Arti925 said:

Soon Island Adventures will release update with all things that you said are missing(and much more).If you go to their discord you can see the changelog of uncoming update

unknown-1.png

PIC15-5.jpg

PIC11.png

Pic10.png

PIC12.png

oh great to see! I thought the development team for Island adventures disbanded.

I am on the same page, I have 2k hours in DST. Played it for a year - then switched to New World, now i got bored of it and I would love to play DST again but...

- I play it for 5 minutes and im bored

- I always loved megabasing but it takes time to find good world

- I always loved to first kill celestial for that light source and just keep grinding resources and building but I dont feel like doing it now. but also I dont feel like always refilling light source with light bulbs...

- I feel like i am limited with creativity just by always doing same thing with squares. I feel like every design I do looks the same because of only one type of grid this game offers.

- I dont like any other game on the market... i am very picky person - i always loved DST but I have no idea how to get back to it. If I dont rush celestial then I feel like i am slow progressing in megabasing. 

Archived