Help, got bored of DST

Just now, Marfoo said:

As in the title, recently I can't make myself to play DST
I dunno what's the cause; burnout? Depression?
I need some advices, tips to help me get back

What did  you do last time? Boss rush? Check the different holidays? Play any of the trade inn games?

Just now, minespatch said:

What did  you do last time? Boss rush? Check the different holidays? Play any of the trade inn games?

Nothing really, just roamed around the map, tried rushing ruins, die in the caves, and just leave the game, and play something else

Just now, Marfoo said:

Nothing really, just roamed around the map, tried rushing ruins, die in the caves, and just leave the game, and play something else

Then try checking the wiki for different weapon types. You might want to experiment the different weapon types to survive caves.

16 minutes ago, Marfoo said:

You can:

Mess around with the world configs (Like setting it to permanent night)

Take a look at mods (I'd recommend bingo and eat your vegies)

Rush something other than the ruins

Check out this thread 

Try different strats or touch content that you haven't tried before in general

Play something else

You just need to try to immerse yourself in DST atmosphere, world or lore maybe try roleplaying try to do the thing that you never did before maybe try some challenges like being a Wes vegan pacifist try different characters, or use mod go crazy to try playing different playstyle like builder or pet collecter or a chef try doing a pointless thing like have a critter and if all of that doesn't work just take a break everyone has been burn out by game you love playing and maybe then you want to play the game again.

That's all I can think of.

Take a break, find other games, come back to DST after a month and see what changed, play with other people in DST, do a challenge in DST, base in the monkey village, regret all your life choices, regret regretting your life choices, start a farm.. in real life, then play DST, repeat.

Spoiler

Only take the first line seriously. Don't attempt basing in the monkey village. 

Seriously you sound like you are burnt-out, take a break and come back to DST when you feel like it. You don't need to play it constantly. 

But if you really want to play DST then I recommend a challenge. Stuff like lights out and trying out all the characters is a pretty neat idea.

18 minutes ago, Paoling said:

Why did you mention depression do you have depression?

I'm sorry if this sounds rude.

I just feel sad out of the blue sometimes, also having thoughts that would probably get me moderated when mentioning them

1 minute ago, Marfoo said:

I just feel sad out of the blue sometimes, also having thoughts that would probably get me moderated when mentioning them

Everyone feels like that sometimes I feel like that sometimes too.

7 hours ago, Marfoo said:

I dunno what's the cause; burnout? Depression?
I need some advices, tips to help me get back

If you are tired to make the same things over and over than you are not depressing, just a regular person.

You can make 15k comments in this forum like others do, or just play another game like a normal dude.

GL

I’ve barely touched any of the content Klei has been adding into the game, so for Me: I’m still discovering new content when I wander randomly up on things like dust moths, or RockJaw sharks- I’ve only experienced these things a few times, but then again.. I’ve also never experienced all the limited time Year of the X events, which reminds me.. I should check those out eventually. For me when I start a world I stay as whoever I picked the entire time I play in that world refusing to character swap- this means that when I get bored of knowing where everything is located, and/or playing as a certain character- When I pick a new character it’s a whole new gameplay experience in a whole new randomly generated world.

I have a feeling that soon Klei will add a whole lot more to that randomly generated world promise, but for now.. It’s possible your just bored of playing for so long: I recommend buying & playing Spelunky 1 & 2- Once you die enough times and want to cry/pull your hair out in frustration: You’ll want to come back to DST.

But honestly: Any game is like that, if you own single player DS you can always play the adventures mode or Shipwrecked/Hamlet..

If your on PC you get cool mods to play with too (no idea how anyone who has access to mods can ever grow bored of DST but.. okay.)

Archived