Make Lazy Forager Refuelable

This has been bugging me for a long time. It doesn't make sense that it is a tier above the Magiluminescence, yet it has less utility besides trivializing salt collection and reaching the items stuck in the chasms in the ruins. It pains me whenever I see a mess of items on the ground (such as a mountain of logs) knowing that using the lazy forager to collect it is a waste of thulecite and an orange gem when I could just hold spacebar for 10 minutes
Another ability the lazy forager could have is allowing it to harvest plants, although I feel like it may affect the balance of Grass Geckos, Twiggy Trees, etc..

Honestly it would make the item a much more worthwhile tool to prototype. Never once have I made a Lazy Forager in all the time I have played because really why would you? It's a very situational item and I can see myself using it if it were worth the cost of thulecite and the orange gem simply by making it refuelable with nightmare fuel. It would also make a lot of sense for it to be refuelable considering it's a tier higher in the ancient crafting tab compared to the Magiluminescence, which I would argue has much more uses than the Lazy Forager. 

I don't know id it needs to be refuelable, but of course would take it. But also having it pick up a lot more items before braking would be OK for me. 

I agree, it needs some sort of buff, right now it's a bit expensive to use often. 

7 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

refuelable with orange gem :wilson_vforvictory: not many use for it  i dont mind its refuelable with the same gem 

exactly, we don't need another thing to fuel with nmfuel, we still have a million uses for it and to me it feels like the only material that you'll eventually run out no matter how much you have. 

orange gems on the other hand, pile up like nothing else, even as an active forager user. If they make it refuelable, pls with gems and not with fuel. I'd prefer if it just had 100-200% more uses. 

However since logs/bearger we're nerfed big time and they are no longer required to make roads, I'm not sure there is enough interest in foragers overall. For sea/ruins use current durability is fine anyway

add more gem recipes then... is sad to reset the ruins just to farm green gems because yellow gem and Thulecite you end up having. Atleast orange can be used on the amulets which doesnt mean they dont deserve a buff since their durability is awful

8 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

refuelable with orange gem :wilson_vforvictory: not many use for it  i dont mind its refuelable with the same gem 

i like this one

8 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

Refueling with gems would still be too expensive to pick up mass amounts of items on the ground, but it might work if the durability was dramatically increased (currently 1 amulet picks up 225 items, or 5 ~2/3 stacks of 40). I think it should be refuellable with nightmare fuel, just like the magiliuminescence.

2 minutes ago, loganpea said:

Refueling with gems would still be too expensive to pick up mass amounts of items on the ground, but it might work if the durability was dramatically increased (currently 1 amulet picks up 225 items, or 5 ~2/3 stacks of 40). I think it should be refuellable with nightmare fuel, just like the magiliuminescence.

it wouldnt be expensive because there are not other uses for orange gem so you basically would je using an useless item to refuel them

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

it wouldnt be expensive because there are not other uses for orange gem so you basically would je using an useless item to refuel them

In any case it's better to be refueled by nightmare fuel since it make more sense in the ambience of the game because otherwise we should fuel then Magiluminescence with yellow gems.

21 minutes ago, Milordo said:

In any case it's better to be refueled by nightmare fuel since it make more sense in the ambience of the game because otherwise we should fuel then Magiluminescence with yellow gems.

i wont be against having both ways. I will have an use for the +100 yellow gems i have. Same for the orange amulet, NF to recover some uses and orange to totally refuel it

anyways, klei should add more recipes that uses gems. We have moon tier magic and we have seen in the metheus puzle how ancient stockpile gems before using nightmere fuel

also new ways to get them would be nice like hot springs dropping all kind of gems instead of just red and blue making the hot spring and bath bombs useful again since no sane player with caves enable will grind bath bombs to get what you already get by tons in the grotto and by killing CC

edit. that mag is refuelable doesnt mean every amulet should or the next step will be asking for refuelable green amulets, not that im totally agaisnt the idea of lazy forager being refuelable but something we need to take into account

19 minutes ago, Milordo said:

As others have said, there's already way too many uses for nightmare fuel. I think since orange gems don't have many major uses right now they should be used for this.

The best way to implement this is by increasing the durability of lazy foragers by 100% or more and a single orange gems would fully refill the amulet. 

Before making the LF refuellable I would love to see it made more effective. Faster picking and longer durability. Orange gems pile up so I don't mind crafting these in bulk, but they gotta save me more time than a minute of manually picking.

27 minutes ago, MidasHow said:

Maybe desert stones could also be used to refuel it?

I love this idea, for although the game gives you ways to appease Antlion during the summer, most players just kill her because she is not worth keeping around. It would be fun to have her as an interesting NPC trader that actually gives valuable loot, and make the boring season of summer more interesting as a whole.

3 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

As others have said, there's already way too many uses for nightmare fuel. I think since orange gems don't have many major uses right now they should be used for this.

The best way to implement this is by increasing the durability of lazy foragers by 100% or more and a single orange gems would fully refill the amulet. 

Sorry, know not the right place but what are those uses if you don't mind? I tried loooking on the wiki and only megaluminescence and the shado trublerite uses it to fuel....

1 hour ago, Gerrard said:

Sorry, know not the right place but what are those uses if you don't mind? I tried loooking on the wiki and only megaluminescence and the shado trublerite uses it to fuel....

Bone Cage? You can also craft Dark swords with NF. Thulicite clowns require it too.

9 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

I always have a chest with 3 stacks of Nightmare fuels. I really don't mind for another use of nightmare fuel for all the amulets and like the Lazy explorer, since in the end it's not how much uses nightmare fuel has, but how and when you use the nightmare fuel. 

But again, i'm fine if it is with the gems, but it means you should change for Magi too and the others.

9 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

anyways, klei should add more recipes that uses gems. We have moon tier magic and we have seen in the metheus puzle how ancient stockpile gems before using nightmere fuel

also new ways to get them would be nice like hot springs dropping all kind of gems instead of just red and blue making the hot spring and bath bombs useful again since no sane player with caves enable will grind bath bombs to get what you already get by tons in the grotto and by killing CC

Klei should really stop with them slowing down when it comes with endgame stuff and MORE especially stuff with the Nightmares, Them and Moon. 

I'm really tired to pretend it's all fine. By the implications of the lore and the ambience of dst, the Ruins and the lunar Island (plus all the Moon stuff) have so much infinite potential for the game in terms of props,items,tools,things to do,ecc.. that it's depressing to see those lands never to be more explored. Atleast the moon stuff since it's new, it received more care and love than the Ruins, with more props and decorations, like the beautiful Grotto, Archives and Lunar Island. 

I really hope and pray for one day for a big patch to revisit all these parts, with gems and moon stuff too.

Archived