Jump to content

Will there be A way to have all yotx events on at once?


Recommended Posts

I haven't played much in A while so correct me if im wrong, but at the moment you can only toggle one "year of the" event at A time in the world settings, and it is permanent. Will there be A way to have all year of the events on at once? Or would that be too complicated coding-wise. I just would like to be able to have all the year of the events on at once, as I delete worlds A lot, but that is more of A me problem. Hallowed nights and Winters feast being not permanent are fine, since they are usually similar every year and keep the old aspects, but year of the events are different each year. Maybe for each new year of the event it includes the old events as well? or just have them all active as A world setting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Technically you should be able to spawn in all the shrines and additional event structures via console to access some features at least. Haven't checked if the minigames would all be working however, testing that would be worth a shot. Maybe just play in the Catcoon year and spawn in the other shrines, the currency to craft unique items are always the same coins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not sure but isn’t there features about certain year of the events that if were active all at once would clash with a different Year of the event?

For example: in Year of the Carrat you could occasionally find Carrats hiding inside a Beefalo’s fur that would jump out and be seen just for a moment. 
 

Im not sure if Year of the Beefalo, or year of the Catcoon has any further interactions with Beefalo like this: but if they DID

Then the two different events would clash with one another and probably crash your game not knowing which event to respond to.

This I’m pretty sure is why you can’t have them all activated simultaneously at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 4:23 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Then the two different events would clash with one another and probably crash your game not knowing which event to respond to.

This I’m pretty sure is why you can’t have them all activated simultaneously at once.

That aged well..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

That aged well..

Still could be problems with it though, for example- Carrats jumping in and out of Beefalo fur of Beefalo you’ve dressed up in YoTB outfits could and probably will- Crash your game.

Unfortunately bugs like this example doesn’t become apparent until people start reporting them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Still could be problems with it though, for example- Carrats jumping in and out of Beefalo fur of Beefalo you’ve dressed up in YoTB outfits could and probably will- Crash your game.

Unfortunately bugs like this example doesn’t become apparent until people start reporting them.

Thats why its in Beta.

But so far no critical issues have been discovered with the multi event feature itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Carrats jumping in and out of Beefalo fur of Beefalo you’ve dressed up in YoTB outfits could and probably will- Crash your game.

Beefalo outfits are not event-exclusive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2022 at 7:14 AM, ALCRD said:

Thats why its in Beta.

But so far no critical issues have been discovered with the multi event feature itself.

I’m still not fully behind this idea, I am an Xbox player and when MY Version of the game gets a critical gameplay interrupting bug: It takes weeks to sometimes over a month to get a bug fix.

Things like Tragic Torch skin crash, stepping into a Sandstorm without a Sandstorm crash, These took a great deal of time to fix, but it’s not Klei’s fault their updates have to go through Sony & Microsoft’s lengthy certification process..

The thing that worry’s me Most is there was an actual crash where inspecting a Carrat on the Carrat Podium after Year of The Carrat ended would crash your game- I don’t know if this was fixed but I do know the Reason WHY it crashed- and that’s because the quotes the characters had for Carrat during the event had been removed from the game afterward.

Now that you can have ALL Events active at once- I just hope Klei took the time to throughly check to see if issues occur with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

 

Now that you can have ALL Events active at once- I just hope Klei took the time to throughly check to see if issues occur with that.

Give up, Dude.

You were wrong. Simple like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...